[poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you Think Former President Bush was a bad president?

21% 21% 
[ 7 ]
15% 15% 
[ 5 ]
58% 58% 
[ 19 ]
6% 6% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 33

Re: [poll] Do you Think Former President Bush was a Bad President?

Post by PiEdude on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:05 am

Kasrkin Seath wrote:Pie, put it this way:

If we were no over there and keeping them occupied in their nations, they would be over here keeping us occupied in ours.

A.Would you rather have terrorist attacks in our own nation, likely killing untold more thousands, or B. Have a military force in Iraq and Afghanistan to keep the terrorists on their own turf?

Dont avoid the question, just answer it.

Okay, first of all, the terrorists aren't the ones fighting us in Iraq, and not really in Afghanistan either.

al Qaeda is believed to be based in the mountains on the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan.
They now have a support base in Iraq because of the American invasion.

They are fighting us on their own turf, but that is in no way impeding their operations if we're not fighting them in their own bases and facilities.

Currently in Iraq, I'd say about 4/5 of the insurgents are just scared teenagers/adolecants with AKs who are being advised by the other 1/5, which would be an adviser from al Qaeda.

So no Seath, I can't even answer your question, because one answer is not what I want, and the other isn't even true.
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4571
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:08 am

Maginot Line wrote:
Kasrkin Seath wrote:Which confict? There have been many.
If you are speaking of the most recent one, dont get pissed just because we have the best military in the world.
Actually, I think we might be behind the Swiss... their Army has like 5 guys in it, but they're some of the best trained soldiers in the world.

Actually, the Swiss don't technically have a proffessional standing army.
They have sort of a draft. When all males reach 18, they are required to begin army training, and serve their two years in service.
After that, they can either leave or stay.
Kind of like what the Russians had when they were the Soviet Union.(I don't know if they still do it now)
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:09 am

PiEman wrote:

If we were no over there and keeping them occupied in their nations, they would be over here keeping us occupied in ours.

A.Would you rather have terrorist attacks in our own nation, likely killing untold more thousands, or B. Have a military force in Iraq and Afghanistan to keep the terrorists on their own turf?

Okay, first of all, the terrorists aren't the ones fighting us in Iraq, and not really in Afghanistan either.

al Qaeda is believed to be based in the mountains on the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan.

They are fighting us on their own turf, but that is in no way impeding their operations if we're not fighting them in their own bases and facilities.

Currently in Iraq, I'd say about 4/5 of the insurgents are just scared teenagers/adolecants with AKs who are being advised by the other 1/5, which would be an adviser from al Qaeda.

So no Seath, I can't even answer your question, because one answer is not what I want, and the other isn't even true.

Once again. you act like a politician and fail to give a straight answer

Would you rather A. have them preoccupied on their turf or B. have them over here?

It's a simple question and msot of what you said is completely irrelevant
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maginot Line on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:10 am

PiEman wrote:
Maginot Line wrote:
If you are speaking of the most recent one, dont get pissed just because we have the best military in the world.
Actually, I think we might be behind the Swiss... their Army has like 5 guys in it, but they're some of the best trained soldiers in the world.

They have sort of a draft. When all males reach 18, they are required to begin army training, and serve their two years in service.
Kind of like what the Russians had when they were the Soviet Union.(I don't know if they still do it now)
They still have some of the best trained forces in the world.
Maginot Line
Minion

Male Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:29 am

Maginot Line wrote:
PiEman wrote:
Maginot Line wrote:

They still have some of the best trained forces in the world.

I never said they didn't, I was just explaining how their military worked.
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:33 am

Kasrkin Seath wrote:
PiEman wrote:

Once again. you act like a politician and fail to give a straight answer

Would you rather A. have them preoccupied on their turf or B. have them over here?

It's a simple question and msot of what you said is completely irrelevant
Again, this is a trick question.

B is obviously undesirable, but A isn't really correct at all.
The only reason they haven't attacked here isn't because of them being preoccupied, it's because they can't get through airport security.

There have been attacks since the Iraq invasion, however.
Maybe not here, but in Europe, where they aren't required to get past airport security.
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:07 pm

PiEman wrote:
Again, this is a trick question.

B is obviously undesirable, but A isn't really correct at all.
The only reason they haven't attacked here isn't because of them being preoccupied, it's because they can't get through airport security.

There have been attacks since the Iraq invasion, however.
Maybe not here, but in Europe, where they aren't required to get past airport security.
The idea that they can't get past airport security is ludicrous. Homeland security has been testing all of our airports, and most of them have gotten Cs and Ds.

The idea that we haven't harmed Al-Queda is silly. Do you not remember how we bombed Bin Laden's second in command back to the stone age? We're finding and confiscating weapon caches all the time, and Sadr (Not part of Al-Queda, but still a thorn in our side) is no longer the Big Man On Campus.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:16 pm

Can't get past airport security.....
ROFL

Why do they need planes? They're better off sending those 5 guys into a mall with bombs strapped to them and blowing the place to kingdom come. Maybe even put a nuke in a car and drive it close to the mall (I'm sure they'll have the tech soon enough).

They don't need planes, that was just 9-11.

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:33 pm

CivBase wrote:Can't get past airport security.....
ROFL

Why do they need planes? They're better off sending those 5 guys into a mall with bombs strapped to them and blowing the place to kingdom come. Maybe even put a nuke in a car and drive it close to the mall (I'm sure they'll have the tech soon enough).

They don't need planes, that was just 9-11.
In b4 Civ gets arrested by the FBI/CIA/NSA/GirlScout Troop 1337: Internet Terrorism Division.
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:51 pm

lol, please. How many times have you said we should nuke japan?

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:07 pm

CivBase wrote:lol, please. How many times have you said we should nuke japan?

Yes, but when I say that, it doesn't sound like a serious suggestion to someone with the power and will to do so.
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:15 pm

So me talking about nuking a mall is more serious than nuking Japan? Right...

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:50 pm

CivBase wrote:So me talking about nuking a mall is more serious than nuking Japan? Right...
See? Now you're gettin' it!
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:55 pm

America nuked Japan twice each killing about 75,000 innocent people... and now, America is pissed about a couple of terrorists who blew up 2 big buildings in New York killing innocent 2000 people.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Zaki90 wrote:America nuked Japan twice each killing about 75,000 innocent people... and now, America is pissed about a couple of terrorists who blew up 2 big buildings in New York killing innocent 2000 people.

Actually, Little Boy killed 66,000 Japs initially at Hiroshima, and Fat Man killed 39,000 Japs outright(thousands more died later on due to the effects of the radiation).
So basically, no people were killed.
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:39 pm

Zaki90 wrote:America nuked Japan twice each killing about 75,000 innocent people... and now, America is pissed about a couple of terrorists who blew up 2 big buildings in New York killing innocent 2000 people.

Put it this way... lets say that russia invaded your nation and you nuked their cities to prevent a long drawn out war. Would you find this acceptable? Most likely, since it would save the lives of your countrymen.

Would you care if you lost a thousand or so people? Hell yeah, their your comrades, your countrymen and women. Killing them is an offense to you.

Put it this way: With most of the world Hating the U.S. we are honestly going to stop giving a fuck about everyone else. Do we care if thousands of people die outside the U.S.? Yeah, but its not likely to piss us off to the point fo war. Do we care if thousands of our own people die? Hell yes.

In this world, especially in one where the rest of the world hates you simply because of where you were born, the only people you can care about are those who are in the same hole as you.

BTW, I have never understood why the world hates the U.S. so much when they also rely on it.
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:32 pm

Kasrkin Seath wrote:Put it this way... lets say that russia invaded your nation and you nuked their cities to prevent a long drawn out war. Would you find this acceptable? Most likely, since it would save the lives of your countrymen.

Would you care if you lost a thousand or so people? Hell yeah, their your comrades, your countrymen and women. Killing them is an offense to you.
How I miss the old method of "shoot first, polotics later."

Kasrkin Seath wrote:Put it this way: With most of the world Hating the U.S. we are honestly going to stop giving a fuck about everyone else.
Actually, I don't see that happening. Much of our society is extremely self-centered, but the other 20-30% are the opposite to the point of annoyance. Hence PEDA.

Kasrkin Seath wrote:Do we care if thousands of people die outside the U.S.? Yeah, but its not likely to piss us off to the point fo war.
Stupid democrats... Whatever

Kasrkin Seath wrote:Do we care if thousands of our own people die? Hell yes.
Because then we have a reason! Well... until five years later when the media becomes ruled by idiots and everyone hates our president, thus making everything he does into a supposed disaster, including the war that 99% of people were for at the beginning.

Kasrkin Seath wrote:In this world, especially in one where the rest of the world hates you simply because of where you were born, the only people you can care about are those who are in the same hole as you.
True dat.

Kasrkin Seath wrote:BTW, I have never understood why the world hates the U.S. so much when they also rely on it.
Same reason Pie hates Japan, because they're idiots. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:28 pm

Zaki...
Did you not notice that we were at WAR with Japan? An imperialist Japan that displayed a racial hatred towards the rest of the world, killed 18 million Chinese. At the time, nukes were consistent with the concept of total war, in which all sides were participating.

9-11 was a terrorist action. Twenty men killed 3000 people for political reasons. What was the crime of the US? Buying Arab oil and supporting the state of Israel. And it's not politics, because Arabs in general and Al-Queda in particular have a racial hatred of the Jews that parallels that of Nazi Germany.
Of course, in a culture that celebrates the men who strap on fertilizer bombs, nails, and screws before walking into a marketplace of women and children, this makes perfect sense.

So, Zaki, if you really want to see less support for Israel and better relationships with the Middle East, go tell those Palestinians to look up Mahatma Ghandi and Martin Luther King Jr.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kslidz on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:04 pm

plus we gave japan a, i think, three week warning to stop
did they? no
did the terrorist give us a warning? no

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:14 pm

Kasrkin Seath wrote:

Put it this way... lets say that russia invaded your nation and you nuked their cities to prevent a long drawn out war. Would you find this acceptable? Most likely, since it would save the lives of your countrymen.

Put it this way: With most of the world Hating the U.S. we are honestly going to stop giving a fuck about everyone else. Do we care if thousands of people die outside the U.S.? Yeah, but its not likely to piss us off to the point fo war. Do we care if thousands of our own people die? Hell yes.

In this world, especially in one where the rest of the world hates you simply because of where you were born, the only people you can care about are those who are in the same hole as you.

BTW, I have never understood why the world hates the U.S. so much when they also rely on it.

Umm... what happened to Iraq? Foreign people died there and America goes on an invasion.

America is annoying like that. Don't waste our soldiers blood. Instead, nuked the hell out of 145,000 innocent Japanesse people.

It isn't a "crime" supporting Israel. It's basically like a taboo.Most Arabs don't hate Jews. They hate Zionists. After all, they have been killing thousands of Muslims and kicked Arabs out of Jerseuleum. Which is holy to all Islam,Chirstanity, and Judasim.

Nukes are like total war and a **** load of a nuclear aftertaste. Have you seen pictures of what happened to the Japaneese people. They became mutants. The nuclear radiation stayed. Some women who were pregant had children with 12 toes.

Last edited by Zaki90 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed something)

Zaki90
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:23 pm

The Japanese people were not that innocent, the Emperor was telling his citizens to arm themselves and fight the American soldiers with whatever they could.

Im not talking soldiers here, they were giving children knives to prepare charging the invading soldiers.

We could have stormed the beach-----------------lose thousands of troops and battleships

Invaded the islands------------------------------------lose thousands more troops

Capture citys---------------------------------------------lose hundreds or thousands of more troops

Finally defeat japan---------------------------------------losing tens if not hundreds of thousands of soldiers

Drop two bombs--------------------------------------------------money used

And using the Atomic bombs was not the presidents first choice, he absolutely did NOT want to do it but the generals showed him the invasion plans that they had already planned and all of them would end with us losing thousands of soldiers when they did not.

Its obvious you have never looked into the war at all and just assumed that we dropped a couple of bombs killing the Japanese for our own amusement.

Do you not have any idea what japan was even DOING?
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:26 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:The Japanese people were not that innocent, the Emperor was telling his citizens to arm themselves and fight the American soldiers with whatever they could.

Im not talking soldiers here, they were giving children knives to prepare charging the invading soldiers.

We could have stormed the beach-----------------lose thousands of troops and battleships

Invaded the islands------------------------------------lose thousands more troops

Capture citys---------------------------------------------lose hundreds or thousands of more troops

Finally defeat japan---------------------------------------losing tens if not hundreds of thousands of soldiers

Drop two bombs--------------------------------------------------money used

And using the Atomic bombs was not the presidents first choice, he absolutely did NOT want to do it but the generals showed him the invasion plans that they had already planned and all of them would end with us losing thousands of soldiers when they did not.

Its obvious you have never looked into the war at all and just assumed that we dropped a couple of bombs killing the Japanese for our own amusement.

Do you not have any idea what japan was even DOING?

You guys are actually talking about killing the Japs in a positive way, and actually looking into and discovering what they did...

I always dreamed this day would come!
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:25 pm

Zaki90 wrote:
Kasrkin Seath wrote:

Umm... what happened to Iraq? Foreign people died there and America goes on an invasion.

America is annoying like that. Don't waste our soldiers blood. Instead, nuked the hell out of 145,000 innocent Japanesse people.

It isn't a "crime" supporting Israel. It's basically like a taboo.Most Arabs don't hate Jews. They hate Zionists. After all, they have been killing thousands of Muslims and kicked Arabs out of Jerseuleum. Which is holy to all Islam,Chirstanity, and Judasim.

Nukes are like total war and a **** load of a nuclear aftertaste. Have you seen pictures of what happened to the Japaneese people. They became mutants. The nuclear radiation stayed. Some women who were pregant had children with 12 toes.

Iraq = Combination of an old war over oil, the need for a good base of operations and a retarted decision

Erm... It was Nuke Japan and kill 145,000 or lose hundreds of thousands of troops while the Japanese would lose Hundreds of thousands.

Also, no one is innocent in a total war situation, where every member of each country is in some way supporting their nation's efforts. Those Civilians were helping the Japanese War effort in the first place, thus making them targets.

Lastly, the after effects of radiation were unkown at the time(though I doubt it would have changed their minds, nuking Japan was not only cheaper but prevented many deaths)

Once again, you seem to fail the concept of "Countrymen Dying = Bad". Americans dont want to lose Americans, or allies for that matter. casualties on the other side of the war are nota s much of a concern
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki90 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:40 pm

That is such a evil thing to say.
I don't care about how many innocent people died because they were Japs who were told to attack Americans on sight. Who said that they supported the government?

I would try to settle for a treaty. A nuke?

A nuke was the answer to Americans?!?!

And don't act like Americans didn't do some crazy shit to prevent Japs from invading. Thousands of Japs in America were sent into camps for months.

Zaki90
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:51 pm

Zaki90 wrote:That is such a evil thing to say.
I don't care about how many innocent people died because they were Japs who were told to attack Americans on sight. Who said that they supported the government?

I would try to settle for a treaty. A nuke?

A nuke was the answer to Americans?!?!

And don't act like Americans didn't do some crazy shit to prevent Japs from invading. Thousands of Japs in America were sent into camps for months.

They tried for a treaty
It didn;t work
They threatened with a new weapon capable of destroying an entire city
They didn't accept
They destroyed a city with said weapon
They didn;t accept
They destroyed another city with said weapon
They accepted

Ahem.... at the time Japan was a fanatical nation where their leader was worshiped as god-emperor... the majority of them would have taken up arms.

Also keep in mind without the nukes, we would ahve ended up firebombing most, if not all of their major cities.

The people in the internment camps were not killed or tortured(even if the conditions were not great). It was a cautious move(even if ill-founded) to strengthen national security when two strong nations just declared war against you, a nation who has little to no military.
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top