Existence of God

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by kslidz on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:27 pm

ReconToaster wrote:I think we came to a conclusion.

the absolute belief is such a God is scientifically criminal. Annoyingly, those who believe in such entities don't seem to be bothered by this fact.

Both sides agreed with this. bounce

nope
i dont think so
belief and knowledge are different from scientific fact

i absolutely believe in God and have absolute knowledge but it is not a scientific fact or scientific Basketball

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Age : 26
Location : your pants
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by laxspartan007 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:51 pm

knowlage's root word is know and to know something it must be a fact and anything that isnt a fact is an opinion, so its your opinion god is real...
avatar
laxspartan007
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1272
Age : 22
Location : Embry Riddle Aeronutical University
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by KristallNacht on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:23 am

kslidz wrote:
i absolutely believe in God and have absolute knowledge

so then,

if god came to you however he does, and told you to kill everyone at your school, would you do it?
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by BBJynne on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:44 am

KristallNacht wrote:
kslidz wrote:
i absolutely believe in God and have absolute knowledge

so then,

if god came to you however he does, and told you to kill everyone at your school, would you do it?

He wouldn't tell anyone to do that.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by KristallNacht on Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:11 am

BBJynne wrote:

He wouldn't tell anyone to do that.

he told that one guy to kill his son.

i just said school since kwhatever doesn't have a son.


besides, whether or not God would tell him to is irrelevant, since the question is IF God did tell him to.
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by TNine on Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:57 am

KristallNacht wrote:
BBJynne wrote:

He wouldn't tell anyone to do that.

he told that one guy to kill his son.

i just said school since kwhatever doesn't have a son.


besides, whether or not God would tell him to is irrelevant, since the question is IF God did tell him to.
All powerful entity that created and has helped humanity many times.

Do you have a choice? The only thing that would set me back is if i thought it was a hallucination.

If God told him to, you have to remember that means that God exists, and everything is true about God.

Edit: Fuck, i posted in here again. Why is this thread still alive? There's little way to approach this logically.


Last edited by TNine on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Age : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Nocbl2 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:02 am

Oh no.... what the fuck.... did... you.... do...
avatar
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4811
Age : 18
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Gauz on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:27 am

Err you seem to all be avoiding the question. If God told you (however he/she/it does/can) to kill your child (should you have one) would you do it?

Its simple really, any sane person would say no, therefore denying "God". Making you Atheist.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Zaki90 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:56 am

Gauz wrote:Err you seem to all be avoiding the question. If God told you (however he/she/it does/can) to kill your child (should you have one) would you do it?

Its simple really, any sane person would say no, therefore denying "God". Making you Atheist.

http://www.abc6.com/news/51571757.html

Also, didn't Adam almost kill his son because God told him too.

I would do it if was truly God, who would have a good reason.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Age : 24
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by TNine on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:03 am

Gauz wrote:Err you seem to all be avoiding the question. If God told you (however he/she/it does/can) to kill your child (should you have one) would you do it?

Its simple really, any sane person would say no, therefore denying "God". Making you Atheist.
I don't see why God would ask that.

That's like saying that if a Seargent told you to kill your mother, would you do it? No? Than you are an enemy of your country.
avatar
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Age : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Gauz on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:08 am

Zaki90 wrote:
Gauz wrote:Err you seem to all be avoiding the question. If God told you (however he/she/it does/can) to kill your child (should you have one) would you do it?

Its simple really, any sane person would say no, therefore denying "God". Making you Atheist.

http://www.abc6.com/news/51571757.html

Also, didn't Adam almost kill his son because God told him too.

I would do it if was truly God, who would have a good reason.
Like that matters.

That man is insane, and so is anyone else who would see a hallucination of a diety telling them to kill their own family, Much less even listen to it, if you do, you are a schizophrenic.

TNine wrote:
Gauz wrote:Err you seem to all be avoiding the question. If God told you (however he/she/it does/can) to kill your child (should you have one) would you do it?

Its simple really, any sane person would say no, therefore denying "God". Making you Atheist.
I don't see why God would ask that.

That's like saying that if a Seargent told you to kill your mother, would you do it? No? Than you are an enemy of your country.
Actually, you would not be a enemy of your country, that man would be.

I understand you don't see as to why God would ask that, but IF he did is what NT and I are getting at.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Felix on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:16 am

Zaki90 wrote:
Gauz wrote:Err you seem to all be avoiding the question. If God told you (however he/she/it does/can) to kill your child (should you have one) would you do it?

Its simple really, any sane person would say no, therefore denying "God". Making you Atheist.

http://www.abc6.com/news/51571757.html

Also, didn't Adam almost kill his son because God told him too.

I would do it if was truly God, who would have a good reason.

Seems odd God would put a person on Earth, then want him not to be there any more...

Also, you wouldn't, as it contridicts Gods ten commandments.
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2077
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by KristallNacht on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:34 am

TNine wrote:
I don't see why God would ask that.

it happened in the bible, so obviously he would, right?

and the why is 'to test your faith in him'
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Cheese on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:59 am

But what if it was Satan mimicking the voice of God? You'd be screwed then.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Age : 27
Location : Wales
Registration date : 2009-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by kslidz on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:03 pm

if i knew it was God and i didnt have any reason to think it was someone screwing with me

then yes


and i would suffer the consequences

God created me and can do whatever he wants to with me


but God would not do that and hasnt done anything remotely close to that since Jesus came to Earth and that was the point of Jesus so that things like that would never have to happen again

and zaki it was abraham not adam

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Age : 26
Location : your pants
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by KristallNacht on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:21 pm

kslidz wrote:if i knew it was God and i didnt have any reason to think it was someone screwing with me

so if god came to you, you'd need him to prove it was himself? you can't just have FAITH?

how many times did people in the bible ask for credentials from their visions?
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Gauz on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:31 pm

kslidz wrote:if i knew it was God and i didnt have any reason to think it was someone screwing with me

then yes


and i would suffer the consequences

God created me and can do whatever he wants to with me


but God would not do that and hasnt done anything remotely close to that since Jesus came to Earth and that was the point of Jesus so that things like that would never have to happen again

and zaki it was abraham not adam
You would kill someone in the name of god?


...

Well its a good thing that you are only saying that in theory, I really hope you don't start seeing hallucinations.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Angatar on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:32 pm

I hope he does so he can kill someone who thinks the same as him or worse. 2 birds with one stone.

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 22
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by kslidz on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:41 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
kslidz wrote:if i knew it was God and i didnt have any reason to think it was someone screwing with me

so if god came to you, you'd need him to prove it was himself? you can't just have FAITH?

how many times did people in the bible ask for credentials from their visions?

no i said if i had no reason
i didnt say that god had to prove himself
i would know instantly whether it was god or not

to ang and gauz
if i knew it was god then hypothetically yes i would

oh and NT ive heard you say your in the military or about to join

so if one of your commanding officers told you to kill an enemy that at that time was nit fighting but had on a military uniform would you?
of course you would

its no different


Last edited by kslidz on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Age : 26
Location : your pants
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Angatar on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:43 pm

Make sure he chooses someone just as bad as you first though.

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 22
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by KristallNacht on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:50 pm

kslidz wrote:
so if one of your commanding officers told you to kill an enemy that at that time was nit fighting but had on a military uniform would you?
of course you would

its no different

our enemies don't have military uniforms nowadays.

and the rules of engagement define what I would do. if we are in a "shoot all armed individuals" and that guy is armed, my commanding officer wouldn't have to tell me to shoot him. If its "shoot all individuals in the area" than I'd do as the rules of engagement define.

If you mean that there is a previously armed, severely hostile individual on the ground (possibly injured) and my commanding officer tells me to execute him, I would not, no matter what the rules of engagement. I would detain him and seek proper medical treatment and necessary aid, as I'm trained to do.

Unless of course its a situation like in Lone Survivor, but I'm pretty sure their rules of engagement, with good reason, would have allowed them to kill those 3 shepherds in a non-torturous way.
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by JB on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:59 pm

As though any of this is relevant. These arguments are pointless and futile as NO ONE CAN WIN THIS ARGUMENT but of course its not going to stop you guys from arguing about something that has been under question for however long the earth has existed with proper thought. This thread needs to be closed.
avatar
JB
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1183
Age : 24
Location : Believe me... You do not want to know O_o
Registration date : 2008-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Gauz on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:08 pm

JB everyone who is arguing doesn't give a fuck if anyone can win. If it annoys you so much then GTFO and STOP COMPLAINING!
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by kslidz on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:12 pm

well nt you have your rules of engagement and i have mine mine would come from God
where yours are set up by man

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Age : 26
Location : your pants
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Angatar on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:13 pm

RoE=/=An order to kill someone.

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 22
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum