Existence of God

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by KristallNacht on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:15 pm

kslidz wrote:well nt you have your rules of engagement and i have mine mine would come from God
where yours are set up by man

So if God told you to kill someone you would kill them, no questions asked?
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by KristallNacht on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:17 pm

Angatar wrote:RoE=/=An order to kill someone.

exactly. Realistically, the aim of the armed forces is to disable. Generally killing is the best way to disable, but once someone or something is disabled in a non-lethal fashion, killing is then unacceptable.

The only reason people in the armed forces are taught to 'shoot to kill' is because thats what the other individual is expected to do. if you hesitate, you or your buddies could be dead.
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by kslidz on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:19 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
kslidz wrote:well nt you have your rules of engagement and i have mine mine would come from God
where yours are set up by man

So if God told you to kill someone you would kill them, no questions asked?

yep

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Age : 26
Location : your pants
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Angatar on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:20 pm

Then you're an pyschopath and should report to the nearest hospital and ask for the appropriate individual.

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 22
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by kslidz on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:22 pm

thanks but maybe when God comes to you and tells you to do something and you say "no" you might have wished you hadnt called me an idiot


its a hypothetical situation
anyone here would do it if they had no doubt god told them to i guarantee it

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Age : 26
Location : your pants
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by KristallNacht on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:23 pm

somehow i have a feeling he's just talking out of his ass.

k, if 'god' told me to kill someone, I wouldn't do it.

even if he fucking shot lightning out of his eyes and turned everything i owned into gold, and others could verify this happened so that there was no doubt in my mind that god existed, I still wouldn't do it.

Because a God that does that doesn't deserve to be worshiped.
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Angatar on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:24 pm

kslidz wrote:thanks but maybe when God comes to you and tells you to do something and you say "no" you might have wished you hadnt called me an idiot


its a hypothetical situation
anyone here would do it if they had no doubt god told them to i guarantee it
I would not if I believed it was wrong. No one should follow someone, no matter who they are, blindly, ever.

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 22
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by kslidz on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:27 pm

im sure you would Rolling Eyes

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Age : 26
Location : your pants
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Angatar on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:28 pm

I'm sure you wouldn't.

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 22
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by KristallNacht on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:31 pm

kslidz wrote:im sure you would Rolling Eyes

really, i wouldn't.

If God wants that person dead, he can use his magic missiles to kill them himself. I'm not his slave.
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by kslidz on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:35 pm

you say that before meeting him Very Happy

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Age : 26
Location : your pants
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Angatar on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:38 pm

And you say you will kill for him before meeting him.

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 22
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by KristallNacht on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:44 pm

kslidz wrote:you say that before meeting him Very Happy

I'd say it after meeting him.

I'd say it to his ever glowy face that I wouldn't do it and that I can't respect a god that would ask for such behavior.
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Gauz on Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:29 pm

Kslidz you're fucking insane.

There is no way in hell would I ever kill someone because "God told me to". Never, especially if its someone I care about.

No.
Fucking.
Way.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by MrX on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:00 pm

Gauz wrote:Kslidz you're fucking insane.

There is no way in hell would I ever kill someone because "God told me to". Never, especially if its someone I care about.

No.
Fucking.
Way.

not really...

christianity is based on the belief that you must put you faith in god and trust him... which is of course an idea thought up by a schizophrenic bloke
avatar
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Location : broadmore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by KristallNacht on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:02 pm

sargentbilco wrote:
not really...

christianity is based on the belief that you must put you faith in god and trust him... which is of course an idea thought up by a schizophrenic bloke

yup.

its funny how nowadays people that listen to the voices in their heads get stuck in an asylum, but people back then were praised.
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by MrX on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:06 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
sargentbilco wrote:
not really...

christianity is based on the belief that you must put you faith in god and trust him... which is of course an idea thought up by a schizophrenic bloke

yup.

its funny how nowadays people that listen to the voices in their heads get stuck in an asylum, but people back then were praised.

but ofc science was the devils work because they were a bunch of fucktards Smile
avatar
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Location : broadmore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Gauz on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:34 pm

Now people are smart enough to realize the voices aren't there.

So they get locked in a padded cell.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by laxspartan007 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:44 pm

Zaki90 wrote:
Gauz wrote:Err you seem to all be avoiding the question. If God told you (however he/she/it does/can) to kill your child (should you have one) would you do it?

Its simple really, any sane person would say no, therefore denying "God". Making you Atheist.

http://www.abc6.com/news/51571757.html

Also, didn't Adam almost kill his son because God told him too.

I would do it if was truly God, who would have a good reason.

hahaha, if you listen to got you are mental...the proof is in the link...
avatar
laxspartan007
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1272
Age : 22
Location : Embry Riddle Aeronutical University
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by TNine on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:46 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
TNine wrote:
I don't see why God would ask that.

it happened in the bible, so obviously he would, right?

and the why is 'to test your faith in him'
But he didn't let harm come to his son.

Basically, if God let me do it, then i would be doing the right thing. If i couldn't see the reason, i would do it, knowing that:

1.) There is some reason to, whether it being my son is going to be evil, or do something really bad.

or

2.) It wouldn't actually happen, it would simply test my faith.

Basically, if God tells you to do something, it must be right, for one reason or another. God cannot commit sin.

In real life, there be no way to tell it was God, and i would not do it.
avatar
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Age : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by laxspartan007 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:49 pm

TNine wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:
TNine wrote:
I don't see why God would ask that.

it happened in the bible, so obviously he would, right?

and the why is 'to test your faith in him'
But he didn't let harm come to his son.

Basically, if God let me do it, then i would be doing the right thing. If i couldn't see the reason, i would do it, knowing that:

1.) There is some reason to, whether it being my son is going to be evil, or do something really bad.

or

2.) It wouldn't actually happen, it would simply test my faith.

Basically, if God tells you to do something, it must be right, for one reason or another. God cannot commit sin.

In real life, there be no way to tell it was God, and i would not do it.

lolz if i waz "god" i would do it just do fuck with someone, affterwords id be like "hahaha, you accually did it!, i have to tell jesus and mosus!"
avatar
laxspartan007
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1272
Age : 22
Location : Embry Riddle Aeronutical University
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by TNine on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:51 pm

laxspartan007 wrote:
TNine wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:
TNine wrote:
I don't see why God would ask that.

it happened in the bible, so obviously he would, right?

and the why is 'to test your faith in him'
But he didn't let harm come to his son.

Basically, if God let me do it, then i would be doing the right thing. If i couldn't see the reason, i would do it, knowing that:

1.) There is some reason to, whether it being my son is going to be evil, or do something really bad.

or

2.) It wouldn't actually happen, it would simply test my faith.

Basically, if God tells you to do something, it must be right, for one reason or another. God cannot commit sin.

In real life, there be no way to tell it was God, and i would not do it.

lolz if i waz "god" i would do it just do fuck with someone, affterwords id be like "hahaha, you accually did it!, i have to tell jesus and mosus!"
And that's why you aren't God...
avatar
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Age : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by laxspartan007 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:51 pm

TNine wrote:
laxspartan007 wrote:
TNine wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:
TNine wrote:
I don't see why God would ask that.

it happened in the bible, so obviously he would, right?

and the why is 'to test your faith in him'
But he didn't let harm come to his son.

Basically, if God let me do it, then i would be doing the right thing. If i couldn't see the reason, i would do it, knowing that:

1.) There is some reason to, whether it being my son is going to be evil, or do something really bad.

or

2.) It wouldn't actually happen, it would simply test my faith.

Basically, if God tells you to do something, it must be right, for one reason or another. God cannot commit sin.

In real life, there be no way to tell it was God, and i would not do it.

lolz if i waz "god" i would do it just do fuck with someone, affterwords id be like "hahaha, you accually did it!, i have to tell jesus and mosus!"
And that's why you aren't God...

because there is no god...
avatar
laxspartan007
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1272
Age : 22
Location : Embry Riddle Aeronutical University
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by TNine on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:54 pm

laxspartan007 wrote:
TNine wrote:
laxspartan007 wrote:
TNine wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:
TNine wrote:
I don't see why God would ask that.

it happened in the bible, so obviously he would, right?

and the why is 'to test your faith in him'
But he didn't let harm come to his son.

Basically, if God let me do it, then i would be doing the right thing. If i couldn't see the reason, i would do it, knowing that:

1.) There is some reason to, whether it being my son is going to be evil, or do something really bad.

or

2.) It wouldn't actually happen, it would simply test my faith.

Basically, if God tells you to do something, it must be right, for one reason or another. God cannot commit sin.

In real life, there be no way to tell it was God, and i would not do it.

lolz if i waz "god" i would do it just do fuck with someone, affterwords id be like "hahaha, you accually did it!, i have to tell jesus and mosus!"
And that's why you aren't God...

because there is no god...
Proof?
avatar
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Age : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by laxspartan007 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:55 pm

proof that there is?
avatar
laxspartan007
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1272
Age : 22
Location : Embry Riddle Aeronutical University
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Existence of God

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum