Left For Dead 2

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by Yam Head on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:35 am

That was epic
avatar
Yam Head
Minion

Male Number of posts : 730
Age : 24
Location : Super Jail!!O@!(@!
Registration date : 2009-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by Wolverfrog49 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:26 am

The first one was a little repeatative, I didn't like it all that much.
avatar
Wolverfrog49
Minion

Male Number of posts : 139
Age : 22
Location : England, Lake District
Registration date : 2009-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by MrX on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:09 am

but its just meant to be a social activity of killing zombies with your mates

it isn't meant to have a solid story line
avatar
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Location : broadmore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by KrAzY on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:54 am

the gameplay is repetative though...


shoot zombies... walk... wait for audio que... shoot more zombies... walk... audio que.... ext...


the dramatic music every time the zombies spawned completely killed any chance of unexpected zombie attacks... and the "super zombies" or w/e are just bullet sponges (except the smoker) who the only strategy is to backpedal, dodge, and shoot until they die...

REPETATIVE
avatar
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3952
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by Toaster on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:07 am

KrAzY wrote: the "super zombies" or w/e are just bullet sponges (except the smoker)

And Boomer, and Hunter...

If you're playing in Versus (which, IMO, is what L4D is all about) and you get pounced by 3 hunters all at once, they're much more than 'bullet sponges.'
avatar
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 24
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by KrAzY on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:14 am

"bullet sponges that knock you over"

by bullet sponge... I mean the ONLY tactic there is to fight them is 'shoot em til they die'

which IMO isn't very fun



if any other company had made L4D it wouldn't have done well and would have gotten slammed by reviewers... but because it was valve its shortcomings got overlooked... just like with ALL of valves games

Team fortress, L4D... ext.... IMO all of them are very repetative


enjoyable... but repetative... half Life (the original) and Portal are about the only games I really love by Valve... although I do also enjoy a good round of CS every once in a while
avatar
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3952
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by TNine on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:27 pm

KrAzY wrote:the gameplay is repetative though...


shoot zombies... walk... wait for audio que... shoot more zombies... walk... audio que.... ext...


the dramatic music every time the zombies spawned completely killed any chance of unexpected zombie attacks... and the "super zombies" or w/e are just bullet sponges (except the smoker) who the only strategy is to backpedal, dodge, and shoot until they die...

REPETATIVE
Left 4 Dead was awesome. There was enough difference in every encounter with the very different super Zombies (Boomers you have to try to snipe before they get close, or basically put the infected person as bait, the Smoker means that the other players have to go out of their way to save the taken person, the Hunter requires quick help, the Witch you have to avoid at all costs, the Tank you have to all be there to take him down quickly.)

It was a very fun and innovative game.
avatar
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Age : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by Toaster on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:57 pm

KrAzY wrote:
if any other company had made L4D it wouldn't have done well and would have gotten slammed by reviewers... but because it was valve its shortcomings got overlooked... just like with ALL of valves games

Team fortress, L4D... ext.... IMO all of them are very repetative


enjoyable... but repetative... half Life (the original) and Portal are about the only games I really love by Valve... although I do also enjoy a good round of CS every once in a while

I don't think reviewers would have panned it. Certainly, they would have made a MUCH bigger deal out of the shortage of content on the disc.... but I think they would have enjoyed the game itself just as much. I'll agree that it's repetitive, but that's not always a bad thing. The game is really well designed, and the special infected balance everything out.

I would like more out of a zombie game though. I wish someone would make a really great co-op game with a great story-line, IRON SIGHTS, gritty realistic visuals, and just hordes of fast and slow zombies (with the occasional crazy-ass human survivor,) branching environments, and really great OPEN areas and maybe even some turret mounted pick-up trucks.... I would love that more than anything else in the world... but that's not what Left 4 Dead ever tried to be (well it initially tried branching envoronments) so I don't take points off for it not fulfilling those dreams...

But boy do I dream...
avatar
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 24
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by CivBase on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:11 pm

L4D does get very repetitive, but not so much that I think it was a waste of my money. The real killer with it is the fact that there's only one gametype to play on just four levels, compared to games like Halo and CoD who have tons of gametypes on a variety of levels.

L4D is wicked fun, but even something that's wicked fun looses its spark after a while. They need to include some twists and more maps to play on to keep the replay value up.

_________________
avatar
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by KristallNacht on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:53 pm

CivBase wrote:L4D does get very repetitive, but not so much that I think it was a waste of my money. The real killer with it is the fact that there's only one gametype to play on just four levels, compared to games like Halo and CoD who have tons of gametypes on a variety of levels.

um...there are 3 gametypes....and 21 levels....(albeit that 2 gametypes only use 20 of them and the other gametype uses 13)
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by Gauz on Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:09 pm

L4d could have more creative game modes, but that doesn't make it a bad game. L4d 2 looks like amazing fun, look at the IGN gameplay videos.

EDIT: Had to link this, really awesome. http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14352245/left-4-dead-2/videos/l4d2_gmp_dockstart_052809.html
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by Dud Doodoo on Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:50 pm

ReconToaster wrote:I really don't like the idea of there being another Left 4 Dead so soon. Complete zombie over-saturation.

Valve has a HUGE install base with the first one, but instead of continuing to patch and update it (with map packs and new modes) they have decided to completely screw MILLIONS of people over, and put out ANOTHER left 4 dead game, within barely a year of the first release.

I don't get it. So much for building up a mod community...

And yeah, I'd say it looked ugly as hell... pre-rendered or not.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1527
Age : 22
Location : Okinawa, Japan
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by Ringleader on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:14 pm

I was unimpressed by L4D, and there is no way im getting L4D2, its just the same game, with little new material. Its like buying Castle Wolfenstien if you already have COD5
avatar
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by Nocbl2 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:46 pm

Zombie games seem so boring and uninteresting. Why play them? Just hordes of bullet sponges stepping towards you at a super-slow pace.
avatar
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4811
Age : 18
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by Gauz on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:08 pm

because its awesome
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:37 pm

KrAzY wrote:ONLY tactic there is to fight them is 'shoot em til they die'

hmm....


when was the last time a shooter was made that wasn't like that?


oh yeah....NEVER
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by Dud Doodoo on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:06 am

Arma, Operation Flashpoint, Arma II, Operation Flashpoint II, Ghost Recon...

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1527
Age : 22
Location : Okinawa, Japan
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by Gauz on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:58 pm

So in those games....

You shoot enemies until they, pass out?
Dud, the only thing you can do in a FPS is shoot enemies till they die.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by Dud Doodoo on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:10 pm

You still shoot things until they die, but that isn't the extent of possible strategies. You can't really get creative in l4d like you can in other shooters (especially the ones mentioned) and that was the point.

Zombie games could be more than mindless carnage, but I haven't see one that goes beyond that yet.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1527
Age : 22
Location : Okinawa, Japan
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by Gauz on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:19 pm

Could be, but maybe they are going to stay true to a zombie apocalypse setting. Hordes of zombies, you don't have all that much tactic. Besides, that reall doesn't fit in with l4d gameplay.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by KrAzY on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:24 pm

in L4d you can get through a level by just holding down the shoot button and walking forward


I know because i've tried it...


theres no point of taking cover, aiming, conserving ammo.... anything... all you do in L4d is walk foward and shoot randomly into the never ending waves of zombies who show up after a nice loud audio que.


other shooters you can ctually use strategies in.... aka in half life when I set up an ambush site of trip mines and lured the marines inside.... or in Halo where i lead a battallion of armless flood combat forms into an area full of covenant and happily picked off the confused covenant.

L4D takes no starategy or skill.... there is a seemingly endless amount of ammo... health all over... you can't die (if you do, your team mate revives you in like a minute)...

L4D IS BORING.
avatar
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3952
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by Gauz on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:26 pm

And you sir, are a heathen.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by T-Bone on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:32 pm

KrAzY wrote:in L4d you can get through a level by just holding down the shoot button and walking forward


I know because i've tried it...


theres no point of taking cover, aiming, conserving ammo.... anything... all you do in L4d is walk foward and shoot randomly into the never ending waves of zombies who show up after a nice loud audio que.


other shooters you can ctually use strategies in.... aka in half life when I set up an ambush site of trip mines and lured the marines inside.... or in Halo where i lead a battallion of armless flood combat forms into an area full of covenant and happily picked off the confused covenant.

L4D takes no starategy or skill.... there is a seemingly endless amount of ammo... health all over... you can't die (if you do, your team mate revives you in like a minute)...

L4D IS BORING.

Idk about you, but when i played on the hardest diffuculty, there was no way in hell i could just shoot and walk.

you have to use teamwork.
avatar
T-Bone
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1632
Age : 21
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by Gauz on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:42 pm

The game is fun for some, and for others they are too complex. The game is like any other type of survival.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by MrX on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:45 pm

T-Bone wrote:
KrAzY wrote:in L4d you can get through a level by just holding down the shoot button and walking forward


I know because i've tried it...


theres no point of taking cover, aiming, conserving ammo.... anything... all you do in L4d is walk foward and shoot randomly into the never ending waves of zombies who show up after a nice loud audio que.


other shooters you can ctually use strategies in.... aka in half life when I set up an ambush site of trip mines and lured the marines inside.... or in Halo where i lead a battallion of armless flood combat forms into an area full of covenant and happily picked off the confused covenant.

L4D takes no starategy or skill.... there is a seemingly endless amount of ammo... health all over... you can't die (if you do, your team mate revives you in like a minute)...

L4D IS BORING.

Idk about you, but when i played on the hardest diffuculty, there was no way in hell i could just shoot and walk.

you have to use teamwork.

exactly
avatar
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Location : broadmore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Left For Dead 2

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum