Humans = Forerunners

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are Humans Forerunners?

22% 22% 
[ 6 ]
52% 52% 
[ 14 ]
26% 26% 
[ 7 ]
 
Total Votes : 27

Humans = Forerunners

Post by Gauz on Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:45 pm

Because the CB is not a good way to debate, I decided to make a thread. Please, only debate here if you are not dumb and headstrong with your beliefs and are willing to listen and take other points into consideration.

I will ignore anyone that is going to be dumn like that.

I already have gotten down to a conclusion, but I want to hear what everyone else has to say.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by BBJynne on Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:46 pm

lol

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by Gauz on Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:46 pm

BB.... gtfo
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by Gauz on Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:48 pm

avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by tiny tim on Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Guilty spark clearly says so by calling the humans reclaimers. Thus relating them to the forerunners.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by Gauz on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:11 pm

It is deeper than that, and yes, that is a refrence that all forerunner AI excluding those on Onyx (under specific circumstances) will think humans as Forerunners.
Not only, but even Mendicant Bias attempted to seek out humans, dubbing them as his "makers". We all clearly know that the Forerunners created him, meaning humans could possibly be forerunner.

Assuming that there was no tampering with the AI, and assuming that he did not know of the existence of the humans before the firing of the halos, means that he did not look at humans as humans, but as forerunners when he was re-activated.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by Toaster on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:17 pm

"You can't possibly imagine how exciting this is! A record of all our lost time... Human history is it?"
avatar
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 24
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by KristallNacht on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:43 pm

tiny tim wrote:Guilty spark clearly says so by calling the humans reclaimers. Thus relating them to the forerunners.

GS is also shown to be completely unstable.
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by tiny tim on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:46 pm

He said that before he went all crazy though.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by KristallNacht on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:50 pm

He said lots of crazy things before he went 'crazy'.


anyhow, reclaimer doesn't mean forerunner.
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by Nocbl2 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:01 pm

If you look in the terminals, The Librarian refers to Adam and Eve in such a way that she infers humans are one of the many spcies saved on the Shield World (temporary) of Earth.
avatar
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4811
Age : 18
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by Ascendant Justice on Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:12 pm

ReconToaster wrote:"You can't possibly imagine how exciting this is! A record of all our lost time... Human history is it?"

^ Key word there. Now for my two cents:

Even though GS was unstable, and I'm sure most of the monitors are as PT was still convinced to carry out with activating the installation even though he was captured by the Gravemind meaning that he probably wasn't fully aware of what was going on, where he was etc. But the terminals said (or hinted, cant remember) that the humans were one of many species saved, and the humans being the "reclaimers" was just a way of saying that they were the ones who were destined, or built up to, destroy the flood.

GS saying that the MC was forerunner could also mean that humans were supposed to sort of inherit the forerunner's roles/artifacts/legacy as their "children" and as the most suitable race for the task.
avatar
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2135
Age : 24
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by Gauz on Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:04 pm

Not only, but many other AI recognized humans as forerunners and reclaimers. Examples would be 2401 Pentinent Tangent, 343 Guilty Spark, Mendicant Bias, all the Luminaries...

All of them identify humans as forerunners, and Guilty Spark I believe, said that line before he became rampant.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by dragoon9105 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:25 pm

He was rampant far before the events on Installation 04 MkII. i think he went insane quite a while back.
avatar
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by Gauz on Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:59 pm

That is possible, but he would have to be in the depression stage, as he was clearly not angry. He also didn't act emo, so I think it is safe to assume he was not in rampancy then. Possibly after the destruction if Instillation 04.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by dragoon9105 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:05 pm

No that wouldn't be normal behavior for a monitor to just float around humming all the time while the person below you dies a slow painful death.
avatar
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by Gauz on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:13 pm

You would know?

He couldn't use any sentinels, and he was busy leading you to your destination.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by tiny tim on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:22 pm

But then in Halo 3 he has a big laser thingy......

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by Ascendant Justice on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:26 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:No that wouldn't be normal behavior for a monitor to just float around humming all the time while the person below you dies a slow painful death.

Why should the monitor care? If you die, he'll just go and teleport in another "reclaimer".

tiny tim wrote:But then in Halo 3 he has a big laser thingy......

Thats because in Installation 04 he had an army of sentinels under his command. In Halo 3 when Johnson was going to destroy the new Halo ring by, GS flipped out because to him (after losing Installation 04) the new Halo was like his most precious possession (sp?) and since he had no other way of stopping the MC, Arbiter, and Johnson, he resorted to using his own weapon system.
avatar
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2135
Age : 24
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by Gauz on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:38 pm

all the people that say no, please talk in the thread, otherwise don't vote. Vote and talk, or don't vote and gtfo
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by Zaki90 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:44 pm

Rather than multi-quote everyone. I just put it into this.

The Forerunners and Humans are not the same.

1. In the comic,Cradle of Life , it clearly shows the Forerunners came down to Earth and creating the Ark in the eyes of the African dude. He was there before them and after them. He even drew a picture of them everyday. Each of the symbols. Also, he tell the stories to the rest of the tribe. This explains why humans who are the decedents of him understand the symbols and are able to use the Forerunner equipment.

The way they made armor was also revolved around how the Forerunners made the Ark. The made armour similar. So similar than even 102,500 years later the same armor was recognized by a Forerunner A.I. (Guilty Spark on the Library notes that Master Chief's armor was that of a class 2)

2. The Mantle was passed to Humans by the Forerunner. The Forerunner "adopted" the Humans and saved them. The Humans in return inherited the Mantle. By the adopting the Humans, they are now the children of the Forerunner.

The Humans inherited the Forerunners problems, technology, and the Mantle. Now, the Humans are reclaiming the stuff they inherited. They are Reclaimers.

The Humans are Forerunner in a adopted child way. They have the same last name and the responsibility of the parents, but the intelligence, personality, and physical appearance different. This explains why Guilty Spark considers Humans Forerunner.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Age : 24
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by Ascendant Justice on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:16 pm

Zaki90 wrote:
2. The Mantle was passed to Humans by the Forerunner. The Forerunner "adopted" the Humans and saved them. The Humans in return inherited the Mantle. By the adopting the Humans, they are now the children of the Forerunner.

The Humans inherited the Forerunners problems, technology, and the Mantle. Now, the Humans are reclaiming the stuff they inherited. They are Reclaimers.

The Humans are Forerunner in a adopted child way. They have the same last name and the responsibility of the parents, but the intelligence, personality, and physical appearance different. This explains why Guilty Spark considers Humans Forerunner.

Like I already said except you explained it 10x better.
avatar
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2135
Age : 24
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:56 am

Zaki90 wrote:
The way they made armor was also revolved around how the Forerunners made the Ark. The made armour similar. So similar than even 102,500 years later the same armor was recognized by a Forerunner A.I. (Guilty Spark on the Library notes that Master Chief's armor was that of a class 2)

this is a null point.

as if the forerunner were so powerful as to create rings that destroy all life in the galaxy, they could surely make a basic chart for categorizing armor types. Much like we can ALL very easily recognize platemail from robes lol.
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by CivBase on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:17 am

Gauz wrote:That is possible, but he would have to be in the depression stage, as he was clearly not angry. He also didn't act emo, so I think it is safe to assume he was not in rampancy then.
That, or he was in a much further stage in rampancy. Humans haven't tested a rampant AI for that long.

zaki wrote:Rather than multi-quote everyone. I just put it into this.

The Forerunners and Humans are not the same.

1. In the comic,Cradle of Life , it clearly shows the Forerunners came down to Earth and creating the Ark in the eyes of the African dude. He was there before them and after them. He even drew a picture of them everyday. Each of the symbols. Also, he tell the stories to the rest of the tribe. This explains why humans who are the decedents of him understand the symbols and are able to use the Forerunner equipment.

The way they made armor was also revolved around how the Forerunners made the Ark. The made armour similar. So similar than even 102,500 years later the same armor was recognized by a Forerunner A.I. (Guilty Spark on the Library notes that Master Chief's armor was that of a class 2)

2. The Mantle was passed to Humans by the Forerunner. The Forerunner "adopted" the Humans and saved them. The Humans in return inherited the Mantle. By the adopting the Humans, they are now the children of the Forerunner.

The Humans inherited the Forerunners problems, technology, and the Mantle. Now, the Humans are reclaiming the stuff they inherited. They are Reclaimers.

The Humans are Forerunner in a adopted child way. They have the same last name and the responsibility of the parents, but the intelligence, personality, and physical appearance different. This explains why Guilty Spark considers Humans Forerunner.
I forgot all about that comic. Well said, zaki.

I voted "could be" simply because "inheriting the mantel" could be considered as them being the new forerunners.


Last edited by CivBase on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by Ringleader on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:46 am

Ive thought that humans were forerunners, since Halo CE came out.

There are only about a gazillion references as to why this is.
avatar
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Humans = Forerunners

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum