Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by A_Bearded_Swede on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Uhh...

Ring wrote:For someone that hadn't played Mass Effect 1, these characters would just be new aside from awkwardly speaking as though they knew Sheperd before.

You do know that's only if you transfer a ME1 account right?

Anyways...

Vigil i agree with that.

Some games like Crazy Taxi and Sonic Adventure i played constantly.
I think they're amazing games, but i know that their is flaws in em.

.:Live Life, Love Life:.
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Registration date : 2008-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:11 pm

Sadly the same logic doesn't apply to multiplayer, it has the opposite effect.
The more i play of CoD multiplayer the more i dislike the game at that time.
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:28 pm

I didn't feel the recurring characters were a bad thing in mass effect 2, considering that none of them were out of their element.

they were all still in practical places for them to end up.

and the biggest thing with later installments being considered worse than the first ones is mostly because when you play a game you see its potential. and your visions of how it should be aren't always the way the next game is.
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:46 pm

Oh, thanks for that.

So how do you feel about the rest?

Also, I'm not sure how Reach is only faintly related to this topic, I mean, I mentioned both Mass Effect and Reach because they are both applicable to Vigil's rant.
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:58 pm

Ringleader wrote:

Oh, thanks for that.

Also, I'm not sure how Reach is only faintly related to this topic, I mean, I mentioned both Mass Effect and Reach because they are both applicable to Vigil's rant.

I mentioned Halo 2, which was when live was in it's infancy and I didn't get that many games, so what I said about it was about that game, and none of the other Halo games. Reach has barely anything to do with this, and your bringing it up just because you need to vent about it more.

Mass effect makes more sense, as Mass effect 1 was one of the last games I played to death in that kind of fashion, and Mass Effect 2 was a good example of how I judge and remember good games now.

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Reach has barely anything to do with this? Are you sure?

Does it barely have anything to do with 'this' because you hadn't mentioned it like Halo 2? I brought up Reach, yes, but you neglected the whole part in which I actually made a point about it...

Also, I KNOW Mass Effect makes more sense, that's why I mentioned it too, lol. How do you feel about what I said about Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2?
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Ringleader wrote:

Oh, thanks for that.

Indifferent.
=/

A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mexicantaco1808 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:49 pm

Vigil wrote:Vigil’s Rants

Hi folks, here’s a little thing I’ll be doing on this thread from time to time. There are many things that I hate and annoy me, so I going to try and catalogue them all, so I hope you sit back and enjoy my rage filled rants.

Part I: FJ, the HWF Messiah

Ah, where better to start than the little upstart that has taken over our former residence. This man has caused me several headaches over the last few months.

To those who have the pleasure not to know who this little fucker is, allow me to explain. FJ is a HWF member who joined in February. Since he joined, he has put up several youtube videos of strategies and guides to help people.

Now I wouldn’t have a problem with that, if it hadn’t been for the response. The new members flocked to him like the ignorant gullible sheep they are, saying how great he was and how undeniably awesome he is. It’s like a fucking cult now, and anybody who speaks ill of him is a heathen and has 20 or so dumb fuck lackeys to defend him.

So you made a Youtube video. Congratulfuckinglations. The majority of what you said was simple common sense to begin with and only a person who couldn’t tell his ass from his elbow would really need that level of instruction. They were a few nice things in there, but I wasn’t that impressed. At first I was on his side, as I saw him as the next Vaulting frog or Ocean.

But of course, he let it go to his head, and is an insufferable arsehole. Here are a couple of my favourite quotes:

‘You are a noob if your not me!’- Nice first post.

When asked what two things make him happy in HW he answered:

‘1. Winning 2. Winning’- How delightfully arrogant of you.

Here’s what he thinks of us.
‘Because seniors make it out to be something thats its not, then they all ralley together and start flaming people. Chuckles, and felix will be here soon, maybe not flaming, but they will be here.
‘There was no "war" or anything like that. When the game came out, a whole wave of new people singed up to the site, and thesenior memners didnt like it, and flamed them fr asking repeat questions. The mods kept asking them to stop flaming, they wouldnt and the mods took away pictures and sigs. So the seniors flamed even more, and got banned.’- Oh you couldn’t be more wrong, my ignorant little friend.
‘Shut Up. I’m better than you’- I just love his arrogance.

I think the hate really started when his buddy decided to post a shit story about the Arbiter and Anders having sex. It was bad, and some of the older members took offence to it. We later learnt it was bait, so they could sit there and insult us. It has to be seen to be believed.
http://www.halowars.com/forums/thread/652797.aspx

The saddest thing is he English. My countryman and he gives us all a bad name. He’s thinks it’s a great idea to play into the very dated and fucking annoying stereotype that you all think we are all still living in 1890 and have tea and crumpets. That is one thing that should be encouraged.

I have played on the game with him twice, once against him, and once as an ally. He’s a decent player, I’ll give them that, but he needs to drop the ego bullshit, tell his lackeys to fuck off and stop being such an ignorant prat.

But I digress, he is Jesus after all, and how could I hate the messiah of Halo Wars, the saviour of all our sins?

Because he is a false prophet. When final judgment comes and all the whores and fools realise he cannot save they will scream ‘save us.’

And I’ll whisper

‘No.’

If it makes you feel better I kicked his ass today at halowars(he was anders and I was cutter lol) actually im talking to him right now.
mexicantaco1808
Minion

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-02-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:03 pm

mexicantaco1808 wrote:
Vigil wrote:Vigil’s Rants

Hi folks, here’s a little thing I’ll be doing on this thread from time to time. There are many things that I hate and annoy me, so I going to try and catalogue them all, so I hope you sit back and enjoy my rage filled rants.

Part I: FJ, the HWF Messiah

Ah, where better to start than the little upstart that has taken over our former residence. This man has caused me several headaches over the last few months.

To those who have the pleasure not to know who this little fucker is, allow me to explain. FJ is a HWF member who joined in February. Since he joined, he has put up several youtube videos of strategies and guides to help people.

Now I wouldn’t have a problem with that, if it hadn’t been for the response. The new members flocked to him like the ignorant gullible sheep they are, saying how great he was and how undeniably awesome he is. It’s like a fucking cult now, and anybody who speaks ill of him is a heathen and has 20 or so dumb fuck lackeys to defend him.

So you made a Youtube video. Congratulfuckinglations. The majority of what you said was simple common sense to begin with and only a person who couldn’t tell his ass from his elbow would really need that level of instruction. They were a few nice things in there, but I wasn’t that impressed. At first I was on his side, as I saw him as the next Vaulting frog or Ocean.

But of course, he let it go to his head, and is an insufferable arsehole. Here are a couple of my favourite quotes:

‘You are a noob if your not me!’- Nice first post.

When asked what two things make him happy in HW he answered:

‘1. Winning 2. Winning’- How delightfully arrogant of you.

Here’s what he thinks of us.
‘Because seniors make it out to be something thats its not, then they all ralley together and start flaming people. Chuckles, and felix will be here soon, maybe not flaming, but they will be here.
‘There was no "war" or anything like that. When the game came out, a whole wave of new people singed up to the site, and thesenior memners didnt like it, and flamed them fr asking repeat questions. The mods kept asking them to stop flaming, they wouldnt and the mods took away pictures and sigs. So the seniors flamed even more, and got banned.’- Oh you couldn’t be more wrong, my ignorant little friend.
‘Shut Up. I’m better than you’- I just love his arrogance.

I think the hate really started when his buddy decided to post a shit story about the Arbiter and Anders having sex. It was bad, and some of the older members took offence to it. We later learnt it was bait, so they could sit there and insult us. It has to be seen to be believed.
http://www.halowars.com/forums/thread/652797.aspx

The saddest thing is he English. My countryman and he gives us all a bad name. He’s thinks it’s a great idea to play into the very dated and fucking annoying stereotype that you all think we are all still living in 1890 and have tea and crumpets. That is one thing that should be encouraged.

I have played on the game with him twice, once against him, and once as an ally. He’s a decent player, I’ll give them that, but he needs to drop the ego bullshit, tell his lackeys to fuck off and stop being such an ignorant prat.

But I digress, he is Jesus after all, and how could I hate the messiah of Halo Wars, the saviour of all our sins?

Because he is a false prophet. When final judgment comes and all the whores and fools realise he cannot save they will scream ‘save us.’

And I’ll whisper

‘No.’

If it makes you feel better I kicked his ass today at halowars(he was anders and I was cutter lol) actually im talking to him right now.
Lol, very old post.

And weird, i could swear to God that i was in this thread defending him...maybe that was another thread.
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:54 pm

He is obviously a False Prophet because I am the True Prophet of HWF.

I arrived as lowly Pheonix and lived among the people under the rule of the moderators until they began to abuse those that trusted them and I led the people to the Promise Land that is The Crimson Flame during the Rapture as Lord Pheonix reborn from the ashes of old.

Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil on Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:45 am

Man. I wrote that back in 2009, back when I still actually cared about HW.

Interestingly he's still on my XBL friends list after I challenged him back around that time (I lost BTW, was too busy changing builds, but who cares.) That fucker lives in Qatar now, and if he still seems to be a cocky little shite.

I still take a small amount of amusement that I'm crushing him in virtually every single game we both own.

Vigil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:59 am

feels like i missed so much after my eleven-hundredth ban.
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mexicantaco1808 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:55 am

Vigil wrote:Man. I wrote that back in 2009, back when I still actually cared about HW.

Interestingly he's still on my XBL friends list after I challenged him back around that time (I lost BTW, was too busy changing builds, but who cares.) That fucker lives in Qatar now, and if he still seems to be a cocky little shite.

I still take a small amount of amusement that I'm crushing him in virtually every single game we both own.

All he talks about now is how he hates black people since hes not that good anymore
mexicantaco1808
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rzgrz on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:14 pm

I would like to go back.. if only i didnt leave in a banned up piece of shit way.. just leave again in possibly a banned up piece of shit temper due to him whining to a mod..
rzgrz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:55 pm

isn't HWF shut down now and only readable, not postable?

Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Bearded_Swede on Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:35 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:isn't HWF shut down now and only readable, not postable?
Yep.

^.^

A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More on Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Baconsen wrote:
Lord Pheonix wrote:isn't HWF shut down now and only readable, not postable?
Yep.

^.^
It's better that way.
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:15 pm

TCF WINS!!!

Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:22 pm

TCF Mafia wins! all competant members have offically left the site and the rest are left to die in silent writhing agony

dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:37 am

I doubt any of you care about what happened to the remenants of that community, but the Waypoint forums on xbox.com (Yeah, they actually have forums apparantly) Took up the remains.

A fitting end to such a community.

Vigil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mexicantaco1808 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Have bad news guys they all keep touch on an other site about halowars that is very active
mexicantaco1808
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:39 pm

How active can a website about halo wars actually be? A fan based one at that.

Either way, we (at least I thought we did) lost interest in Halo Wars and the Halo Wars forums when we realized we all hated it (or just don't enjoy playing it any more)
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2077
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mexicantaco1808 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Felix wrote:How active can a website about halo wars actually be? A fan based one at that.

Either way, we (at least I thought we did) lost interest in Halo Wars and the Halo Wars forums when we realized we all hated it (or just don't enjoy playing it any more)

Pretty active actually some people are going back to it but if you want to stop talking about halowars that fine but last thing if this makes vigil happy

http://www.halowars.com/stats/StatsGame.aspx?Id=11142756-9008-1399-7000-000000000000
mexicantaco1808
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:32 pm

mexicantaco1808 wrote:
Felix wrote:How active can a website about halo wars actually be? A fan based one at that.

Pretty active actually some people are going back to it but if you want to stop talking about halowars that fine but last thing if this makes vigil happy

http://www.halowars.com/stats/StatsGame.aspx?Id=11142756-9008-1399-7000-000000000000

We can keep talking about it, just saying it seems odd that a fan based site for halo wars is still active. To me anyway.
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2077
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top