Vigil's Rants.

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by Lord Pheonix on Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:00 pm

I never actually played the game lol

_________________

avatar
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by mexicantaco1808 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:46 pm

Felix wrote:
mexicantaco1808 wrote:
Felix wrote:How active can a website about halo wars actually be? A fan based one at that.

Either way, we (at least I thought we did) lost interest in Halo Wars and the Halo Wars forums when we realized we all hated it (or just don't enjoy playing it any more)

Pretty active actually some people are going back to it but if you want to stop talking about halowars that fine but last thing if this makes vigil happy

http://www.halowars.com/stats/StatsGame.aspx?Id=11142756-9008-1399-7000-000000000000

We can keep talking about it, just saying it seems odd that a fan based site for halo wars is still active. To me anyway.
I dont know the population of halowars seems to be growing and there is actuall competition I can show you a link to the site but then you will see how FJ is racist as hell and how all the old players of the game lose alot and are pissed about it
avatar
mexicantaco1808
Minion

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-02-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:06 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:I never actually played the game lol
Kind of addicting, but so are most flash games.
Worth a $60 price tag? No.
Worth $8 to rent for a week? If you can get half the achievements, yes.
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by Felix on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Lord Pheonix wrote:I never actually played the game lol
Kind of addicting, but so are most flash games.
Worth a $60 price tag? No.
Worth $8 to rent for a week? If you can get half the achievements, yes.

In a week you can get all of the achievements.
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2077
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:14 pm

If you spend four hours a day playing a game that really... just isn't worth two.
Yeah, you can get most if not all of them. And for "24 hours of quality", I calculated that you would have to play for 5x10^4325 days straight. XD
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by Divine Virus on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:14 pm

Not if you don't have the DLC. ;)
avatar
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 27
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by Felix on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:If you spend four hours a day playing a game that really... just isn't worth two.
Yeah, you can get most if not all of them. And for "24 hours of quality", I calculated that you would have to play for 5x10^4325 days straight. XD

True, I forgot about that one.

24 hours of quality. Oh the Irony
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2077
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by TNine on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:40 pm

mexicantaco1808 wrote:
Felix wrote:
mexicantaco1808 wrote:
Felix wrote:How active can a website about halo wars actually be? A fan based one at that.

Either way, we (at least I thought we did) lost interest in Halo Wars and the Halo Wars forums when we realized we all hated it (or just don't enjoy playing it any more)

Pretty active actually some people are going back to it but if you want to stop talking about halowars that fine but last thing if this makes vigil happy

http://www.halowars.com/stats/StatsGame.aspx?Id=11142756-9008-1399-7000-000000000000

We can keep talking about it, just saying it seems odd that a fan based site for halo wars is still active. To me anyway.
I dont know the population of halowars seems to be growing and there is actuall competition I can show you a link to the site but then you will see how FJ is racist as hell and how all the old players of the game lose alot and are pissed about it
I smell a chance to counter-troll.
avatar
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Age : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by Vigil on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:21 am

I find it amusing we're still talking about HW more than the actual rant I put up.

Razz

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by I FJ I on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:48 am

mexicantaco1808 wrote:
Felix wrote:
mexicantaco1808 wrote:
Felix wrote:How active can a website about halo wars actually be? A fan based one at that.

Either way, we (at least I thought we did) lost interest in Halo Wars and the Halo Wars forums when we realized we all hated it (or just don't enjoy playing it any more)

Pretty active actually some people are going back to it but if you want to stop talking about halowars that fine but last thing if this makes vigil happy

http://www.halowars.com/stats/StatsGame.aspx?Id=11142756-9008-1399-7000-000000000000

We can keep talking about it, just saying it seems odd that a fan based site for halo wars is still active. To me anyway.
I dont know the population of halowars seems to be growing and there is actuall competition I can show you a link to the site but then you will see how FJ is racist as hell and how all the old players of the game lose alot and are pissed about it

Lol, Racist? Yeah right, it's just because you suck hard at Halo Wars. You only won because I was too slow to transition from hogs and you spammed cobras like a pussy.

Also, you losers are still bitching about me two years after the fact? Wow, you people seriously don't have any lifes at all.
avatar
I FJ I
Minion

Male Number of posts : 22
Location : UAE
Registration date : 2011-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by Death no More on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:02 am

I FJ I wrote:
mexicantaco1808 wrote:
Felix wrote:
mexicantaco1808 wrote:
Felix wrote:How active can a website about halo wars actually be? A fan based one at that.

Either way, we (at least I thought we did) lost interest in Halo Wars and the Halo Wars forums when we realized we all hated it (or just don't enjoy playing it any more)

Pretty active actually some people are going back to it but if you want to stop talking about halowars that fine but last thing if this makes vigil happy

http://www.halowars.com/stats/StatsGame.aspx?Id=11142756-9008-1399-7000-000000000000

We can keep talking about it, just saying it seems odd that a fan based site for halo wars is still active. To me anyway.
I dont know the population of halowars seems to be growing and there is actuall competition I can show you a link to the site but then you will see how FJ is racist as hell and how all the old players of the game lose alot and are pissed about it

Lol, Racist? Yeah right, it's just because you suck hard at Halo Wars. You only won because I was too slow to transition from hogs and you spammed cobras like a pussy.

Also, you losers are still bitching about me two years after the fact? Wow, you people seriously don't have any lifes at all.
lol says the faggot that just signed up for site that obviously hates him. Your only doing this to piss people off, so leave now.
avatar
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Age : 22
Location : Spreading Holy convergence in the sprawl.
Registration date : 2009-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by Angatar on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:30 am

I doubt that's even him, so just let him be.

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 22
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by I FJ I on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:57 am

Death no More wrote:
I FJ I wrote:
mexicantaco1808 wrote:
Felix wrote:
mexicantaco1808 wrote:
Felix wrote:How active can a website about halo wars actually be? A fan based one at that.

Either way, we (at least I thought we did) lost interest in Halo Wars and the Halo Wars forums when we realized we all hated it (or just don't enjoy playing it any more)

Pretty active actually some people are going back to it but if you want to stop talking about halowars that fine but last thing if this makes vigil happy

http://www.halowars.com/stats/StatsGame.aspx?Id=11142756-9008-1399-7000-000000000000

We can keep talking about it, just saying it seems odd that a fan based site for halo wars is still active. To me anyway.
I dont know the population of halowars seems to be growing and there is actuall competition I can show you a link to the site but then you will see how FJ is racist as hell and how all the old players of the game lose alot and are pissed about it

Lol, Racist? Yeah right, it's just because you suck hard at Halo Wars. You only won because I was too slow to transition from hogs and you spammed cobras like a pussy.

Also, you losers are still bitching about me two years after the fact? Wow, you people seriously don't have any lifes at all.
lol says the faggot that just signed up for site that obviously hates him. Your only doing this to piss people off, so leave now.

Well it shouldn't be so easy to anger you people. Not my fault your all still butthurt after being kicked off HWF.
avatar
I FJ I
Minion

Male Number of posts : 22
Location : UAE
Registration date : 2011-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by JumpingJet on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:03 am

HW was a good game in 07. But the fact is the developers has to change it to sell better. Meaning to make it more basic and, fucked up to aim at all the pre pubescent freaks like yourself.

Congratulations, you are good at a game the trolls, boosters and 8 year olds play.
avatar
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1266
Age : 23
Location : Leeds, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by I FJ I on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:08 am

JumpingJet wrote:HW was a good game in 07. But the fact is the developers has to change it to sell better. Meaning to make it more basic and, fucked up to aim at all the pre pubescent freaks like yourself.

Congratulations, you are good at a game the trolls, boosters and 8 year olds play.

I saw the old builds, and while you hold them up as what the game should have been, They honestly weren't that good, and what we got was a fast and to the point RTS that worked on a console. I'm not a newcommer to RTS games, having played Starcraft 1 and 2, as well as some of the total war series and a lot of the console RTS games. I have a passion for them and just because I have actual talent in it your going to bitch at me? Lol.

Look at people like Prince, Like Tomater and violater. They were all high tier players and fought for the top rankings in that game, and they were decent people with backgrounds in other RTS games. Sure noobs are noobs and they blight any game, but us high end top tier players are not in short supply in Halo Wars, grow a pair and learn about the game before bitching about it.
avatar
I FJ I
Minion

Male Number of posts : 22
Location : UAE
Registration date : 2011-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by JumpingJet on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:30 am

Halo Wars is not an RTS, nor is any supposed RTS these days.

Real time strategy's are games that require thought, and the ability to plan ahead beyond it the opponent is going to rush canister tanks.

All games these days have been forced to succumb to the pressure the ever growing population of pre pubescent players who want a fast paced action game.

Look at Fable, The Elder Scrolls series and Zelda.

They have all had to become thoughtless linear games, i admit that The Elder Scrolls still is quite true to the RPG genre but it is slowly dwindling to the ever more basic compared to Morrowind.
avatar
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1266
Age : 23
Location : Leeds, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by Felix on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:38 am

Dude, JJ let it go. It clearly is a troll and arguing with him/her doesn't do anything.
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2077
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by I FJ I on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:10 am

JumpingJet wrote:Halo Wars is not an RTS, nor is any supposed RTS these days.

Real time strategy's are games that require thought, and the ability to plan ahead beyond it the opponent is going to rush canister tanks.

All games these days have been forced to succumb to the pressure the ever growing population of pre pubescent players who want a fast paced action game.

Look at Fable, The Elder Scrolls series and Zelda.

They have all had to become thoughtless linear games, i admit that The Elder Scrolls still is quite true to the RPG genre but it is slowly dwindling to the ever more basic compared to Morrowind.

And Halo Wars doesn't? Why do you think I have an entire youtube channel virtually dedicated to tips and tricks for the game? There is a lot more depth than you give it credit for.

I tend to go hogs to harass, to make them make them build what I want them too, so I can dictate their strategy there making it an easy battle.

I played the whole way through Obivilion and I disagree, as that game is very old school RPG, and it's combat is more monotous and grindy style, than fast paced and action-oriented. There's a difference between making a game more accessible and fun to play, and making it basic.
avatar
I FJ I
Minion

Male Number of posts : 22
Location : UAE
Registration date : 2011-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by BanjoSamurai on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:28 am

Hmm so in halo wars you spam a couple of units after you warthog rush?
avatar
BanjoSamurai
Minion

Male Number of posts : 75
Age : 20
Registration date : 2011-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by I FJ I on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:51 am

BanjoSamurai wrote:Hmm so in halo wars you spam a couple of units after you warthog rush?

I spam the counters to their spam, yes.
avatar
I FJ I
Minion

Male Number of posts : 22
Location : UAE
Registration date : 2011-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:04 am

Don't ban this guy, whoever is in charge.
I want to have my say, but I'm working right now. Besides which, t'would be petty, hein?

Oh, and Vigil? Sorry about your thread. Perhaps your next rant should be on thread hijacking?
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by Vigil on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:07 am

It's okay, I'm tempted to yell at FJ myself.

Given that this thread has been hijacked twice within a week I really feel like it.

Razz

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by JumpingJet on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:50 pm

Embrace your anger Vigil Smile

avatar
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1266
Age : 23
Location : Leeds, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:08 pm

I FJ I wrote:Lol, Racist? Yeah right, it's just because you suck hard at Halo Wars. You only won because I was too slow to transition from hogs and you spammed cobras like a pussy.

Also, you losers are still bitching about me two years after the fact? Wow, you people seriously don't have any lifes at all.
And you've been keeping tabs on us long enough to jump in when the opportunity presents itself, even though you really have nothing to contribute or gain here? Which is worse?
So, Mexicantaco, can we get that pagelink?

I FJ I wrote:I saw the old builds, and while you hold them up as what the game should have been, They honestly weren't that good,
The old builds featured beautiful models, realistic unit movement, and a vibe closer to Halo than the finished product had. As a campaign/skirmish player who was never interested in multiplayer, that's what I miss.

I FJ I wrote:and what we got was a fast and to the point RTS that worked on a console.
What we got was a truncated RTS with poor unit pathing, zero control groups, map navigability that's hit and miss (To quote Yatzee, exactly how the game decides which group is more 'next' than the other is an exercise left to the viewer.) and graphics that were cutting edge for PCs... in 2005.

The streamline versus dumbed-down debate is an old one, and I have yet to see anything to change my mind.

I FJ I wrote:I'm not a newcommer to RTS games, having played Starcraft 1 and 2, as well as some of the total war series and a lot of the console RTS games. I have a passion for them and just because I have actual talent in it your going to bitch at me? Lol.
From what I remember, a lot of the hatred towards you was originally derived from accusing us of not liking Halo Wars because we suck at it, when a majority of our (Well, can't vouch for everyone, but the majority of the people I was keeping tabs on) were kvetching because Halo Wars was Halo, as done by Micheal Bay.

I FJ I wrote:
Well it shouldn't be so easy to anger you people. Not my fault your all still butthurt after being kicked off HWF.
Butthurt? Over a game that we decided wasn't worth mastering? Heh.
Kicked off? Some of us just left.

But really, why are you here? Just to poke us and make fun of us, or are you actually planning on staying and contributing?

JumpingJet wrote:Halo Wars is not an RTS, nor is any supposed RTS these days.

Real time strategy's are games that require thought, and the ability to plan ahead beyond it the opponent is going to rush canister tanks.
Lessee here... We've got SCII and Company of Heroes. Both of those have strategy and long term planning.

I FJ I wrote:And Halo Wars doesn't? Why do you think I have an entire youtube channel virtually dedicated to tips and tricks for the game? There is a lot more depth than you give it credit for.
I'll go and check your Youtube channel out sometime this week (Busy schedule, hein?) but according to your own post further down below, a lot of the strategy to Halo Wars is 'spam the counter'.
That is to strategy what putting your underwear on in the morning is to dressing; only the beginning, and if you stop there, you find yourself quite bare.

Strategy is build orders, something which was oversimplified with the HW socket bases.
Example: When playing Terran vs Zerg in SC:BW, early placement of Supply Depots was crucial, since they could wall off chokepoints or guard bunkers, warding against Zergling rushes. Halo Wars has... well, those little turrets that are upgraded like we're playing Tower Defense. I feel that the lack of defensive strategems makes Halo Wars suffer.

For some reason, I've got a sense of Deja Vu. But since it's relevant, I'm going to bring up micromanaging. What, in Halo Wars, makes it EASY to select groups of units, select individual units in groups, and make it so that you can switch between control of these groups rapidly and accurately?

I FJ I wrote:I played the whole way through Obivilion and I disagree, as that game is very old school RPG, and it's combat is more monotous and grindy style, than fast paced and action-oriented. There's a difference between making a game more accessible and fun to play, and making it basic.
I'm agreeing with I FJ I here, though it's probably because I don't really LIKE RPGs. Have yet to play Mass Effect or Bioschock, so that's up for debate.

I FJ I wrote:
BanjoSamurai wrote:Hmm so in halo wars you spam a couple of units after you warthog rush?

I spam the counters to their spam, yes.
So, what I've been saying for the past two years is completely true?
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by A_Bearded_Swede on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:12 pm

I FJ I wrote:

Also, you losers are still bitching about me two years after the fact? Wow, you people seriously don't have any lifes at all.

If it makes you feel better, I don't care about you at all.

=/

Plus this site isn't populated by all former HWF members, so labeling everyone as "you people" isn't the most accurate.

So be careful who you're trying to insult.

_________________



.:Live Life, Love Life:.
avatar
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Age : 24
Location : Jersey
Registration date : 2008-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vigil's Rants.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum