I need your views

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need your views

Post by Chuckles on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:40 pm

Hey guys!

I know this is a touchy subject, but I want to know how you guys feel towards the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, or as most of you know them by, Mormons.

If you have any burning hatred towards that religion in particular why?
Chuckles
Minion

Male Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need your views

Post by Rotaretilbo on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:05 pm

As an Arizonan, I have a lot of direct contact with Mormons.

I don't particularly hate them, but I really do hate the religion. Mormonism is a religion you're born into, and, if you don't follow the rules, BAM! Excommunication. This basically creates a handful of different types of Mormons.

Jack Mormons: These are people who don't believe a word of Mormonism, but claim to be Mormon simply because they don't like the idea of being disowned by the friends and family. However, when no one (who is a Mormon) is looking, Jack Mormons can be some of the most immoral, spiteful people out there. I think this is due to resenting being forced to follow such strict rules all the time. Generally speaking, Jack Mormons will move away and forsake Mormonism quietly after they've already broken ties with their friends and families.

Trapped Mormons: These are people much like Jack Mormons, except that they force themselves to believe and abide by Mormon doctrine. Generally speaking, these are some of the nicest people you can encounter, but they usually won't try and convert you, either. They don't want to get anyone else in the mess they're in.

Regular Mormons: The average Mormon follows Mormon doctrine and generally believes it. However, the average Mormon (and all those listed above) don't really know a lot about Mormon doctrine, primarily because most of it remains unwritten and very secretive. The average Mormon (and all those listed above) will likely never set foot inside a Mormon temple (alive).

Zealot Mormons: These are the Mormons who generally serve as religious leaders. They know all of the doctrine, written and unwritten, and believe it with a fiery passion. These Mormons, while nice on the outside, are extremely hateful towards all other religions, especially other branches of Christianity. If a contractor deals with non-Mormons, Zealot Mormons will stop working with them, etc.

As for the religion itself, well, I kind of feel sorry for the Zealots. I mean, mainstream Christianity, primarily Protestantism and Catholicism, butt heads with "science" now and again, though rarely the kind that is observable and recreatable in experiments (which is the definition of science), but the Mormon doctrine butts heads quite often with observed history.

The Mormons profess that, before the Europeans came to North America, the natives here (who are descendants of Jews) had steel weapons, horses, chariots, and a coin system. They say that there were battles fought on the hill Cumorah where millions died.

However, archeologists have found no traces of steel weapons, coins, horses, or any of the battles depicted in the Book of Mormon (to be fair, this is partially because the Mormon Church bought Cumorah and won't let archeologists near it). Further, recorded history states that there were no horses, steel weapons, or coins here prior to European settlers.

Further, science has proven in an observable way via experimentation that Native Americans have no relation whatsoever to Jews, other than being human.

Old Joe Smith didn't know jack shit about history, it would seem.

Mormonism is essentially a cult, where the rules are strict and are enforced very harshly. Don't tithe? Excommunication. Sex before marriage (and they find out)? Excommunication. Say a curse word (and they find out)? Probably forgiven. Well, repeatedly? Excommunication.

Not to mention the ever changing and contradictory nature of the Book of Mormon. They say they believe in the Bible, right? They even call the Book of Mormon a "sequel" to the Bible. Yet the Book of Mormon contradicts the Bible left and right. It suggests and Satan and Christ were brothers, that Christ is not God but a god, and thus a separate being from God, that men can become gods, that God was once a man, that God is perfect right now but that as time progresses he becomes "more perfect," that a husband may choose whether or not his wife comes to Heaven, regardless of whether or not she was saved, etc.

Male Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:35 am

Mormons are psychotic idiots, the only sane ones are the jack Mormons.
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:36 am

Death no more wrote:Mormons are psychotic idiots, the only sane ones are the atheists.

fix'd
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:45 am

KristallNacht wrote:
Death no more wrote:Mormons are psychotic idiots, the only sane ones are the atheists.

I think marijuana would fix the economy! Aren't I a fucking genius?
Fixed
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:48 am

flame
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:58 am

I think they are kinda stupid, but just as long as they don't go round be a bunch of dickfucks like some other religions, then they can do whatever they want and I will jyst ignore them.
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:00 am

Woo.
Large population of Mormons where I live.

Most of them are the ordinary kind of Mormon, but at school, they form up the cliques and preps and whatnot.

As for their religion...
Really, it's Scientology's older brother.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:15 am

I really don't know any... so there's not much to say.

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:44 am

I hate Religion, so my opinions are bias.

So long as they're not fanatical nuts who believe that they are right and all those who don't follow thier religion are intrinsicly evil,we're good.

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:44 pm

Then we're not good, Vigil. Mormons are like the epitome of that. Moreso than Baptists, even. Baptists believe that all other denominations are wrong, but generally believe that most of the denominations of Christianity (except Catholics (but that's more of the East Coast Baptists), Jehova's Witnesses (Mormonism's younger brother), and Mormons) are still going to Heaven. Mormons not only believe that only Mormons go to Heaven, but they basically believe that if you are a Mormon, but you just aren't good enough in life, you won't go to Heaven. And if you're a woman, well fuck, you're boned, because no matter how good you were in life, your husband gets to choose if you go or not. Piss him off right before he dies? Game over.

Male Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:43 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Then we're not good, Vigil. Mormons are like the epitome of that. Moreso than Baptists, even. Baptists believe that all other denominations are wrong, but generally believe that most of the denominations of Christianity (except Catholics (but that's more of the East Coast Baptists), Jehova's Witnesses (Mormonism's younger brother), and Mormons) are still going to Heaven. Mormons not only believe that only Mormons go to Heaven, but they basically believe that if you are a Mormon, but you just aren't good enough in life, you won't go to Heaven. And if you're a woman, well fuck, you're boned, because no matter how good you were in life, your husband gets to choose if you go or not. Piss him off right before he dies? Game over.

Than they go fuck themselves.

They get added to the hate list.

Vigil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:18 pm

Old Joe Smith didn't know jack shit about history, it would seem.

bam
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuckles on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:27 pm

What the heck!

No, you can't get excommunicated for swearing or not paying tithing, Rot. Research a little before you type anything, and I want to know where the crap you heard that, Rot, they probably believe we still believe in polygamy...

Yeah, I'm sure there are some "Jack-mormons" as you call them, and there may be some "Zealot-mormons" as well. But actually most of the Mormons believe that someone isn't worse than them just because they don't believe the same things.

And we're about as much of a cult as the Jewish or Catholics...

Actually, we're the religion that says: Our views our different, let's see how and try to find common ground. We believe that everyone can go to heaven, not just mormons. Um...if you don't follow our beliefs then you basically aren't a mormon. And the husbands definitely don't choose whether their wife goes to heaven or not.

Don't believe everything you hear on the street, Vigil.

I also love it how whenever someone brings Mormons up, people start swearing. I'm not unused to it.

Yes, I was born into the religion. But I'm the one who choses to go to Church, I'm the one who choses to do service. I'm the one who choses to read the scriptures and pay tithing and to wait to have sex. I'm not forced to do anything.

It seems everyone thinks the Mormons are the devil without knowing a thing about them...
Chuckles
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:45 pm

CivBase wrote:I really don't know any... so there's not much to say.

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:56 pm

Mormons are usually the nicest people you will ever know lol.

Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:58 pm

Fine, I'll give them a chance.

Vigil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:58 pm

My views on Mormonism are the same as my views on any religion. I do not like it.

My views on radical Mormons (which most of them are, according to Rot) are the same as my views on ALL religious radicals. I HATE them.
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:00 pm

ReconToaster wrote:My views on Mormonism are the same as my views on any religion. I do not like it.

My views on radical Mormons (which most of them are, according to Rot) are the same as my views on ALL religious radicals. I HATE them.
Heresy spews from your mouth, it would better if you were mute heretic.
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Sure, there all smiles and apple pies with Ma when you first see em, but do you know what they do in their little cult meetings? You don't want to know.
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:04 pm

Chuckles wrote:It seems everyone thinks the Mormons are the devil without knowing a thing about them...
Yea, well what do you expect, it is the internet...
Where you can accuse anyone of anything, or tell anything to anybody with no proof.
Infact, the internet was first intended for the use of flaming the Russian and trying to own them a pong during the cold war.
But by the time it was released the cold war was over, so they gave it to the world to use, and to flame, and to accuse freely.
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:05 pm

Death shut the hell up

Oh and

The video IS related, if you want to get to the mormon part, skip to about 1 minute.

You can watch the rest if you'd like.
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:06 pm

Gauz wrote:Death shut the hell up

The truth shall never be silenced.
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuckles on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:15 pm

ReconToaster wrote:My views on Mormonism are the same as my views on any religion. I do not like it.

According to Rot, the husbands get to choose whether their wives went to heaven or not, which is total bs.

Ringleader wrote: Sure, there all smiles and apple pies with Ma when you first see em, but do you know what they do in their little cult meetings? You don't want to know.
And what do we do in our little cult meetings?
Chuckles
Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:28 pm

Ringleader wrote:Sure, there all smiles and apple pies with Ma when you first see em, but do you know what they do in their little cult meetings? You don't want to know.

I care?

Do the same as all other religions, read their book and pray to their gods and worship them in one form or another.

Makes no difference to me.

How you TREAT a person is what is important.
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top