Satanic Bible

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Opinion?

38% 38% 
[ 10 ]
62% 62% 
[ 16 ]
 
Total Votes : 26

Satanic Bible

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:19 am

http://std.kku.ac.th/4830401674/The%20Satanic%20Bible.pdf

I just finished reading it, and it was quite interesing.

Notable quotes:

Satan represents responsibility to the responsible

I question all things. As I stand before the festering and varnished facades of your
haughtiest moral dogmas, I write thereon in letters of blazing scorn: Lo and behold; all
this is fraud!

He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief
in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom.

Life is the great indulgence - death, the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of
life - HERE AND NOW!

God can do all the things man is forbidden to do - such as kill people, perform miracles
to gratify his will, control without any apparent responsibility, etc. If man needs such a
god and recognizes that god, then he is worshipping an entity that a human being
invented. Therefore, HE IS WORSHIPPING BY PROXY THE MAN THAT INVENTED GOD. Is it not more sensible to
worship a god that he, himself, has created, in accordance with his own emotional needs - one
that best represents the very carnal and physical being that has the idea-power to invent a god
in the first place?

You cannot love everyone; it is ridiculous to think you can. If you love everyone and
everything you lose your natural powers of selection and wind up being a pretty poor
judge of character and quality. If anything is used too freely it loses its true meaning.
Therefore, the Satanist believes you should love strongly and completely those who
deserve your love, but never turn the other cheek to your enemy!

The watchword of Satanism is INDULGENCE instead of "abstinence" . . . BUT - it is not
“compulsion“.


or for a comical although essentially accurate depiction in the form of song!!


KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by Ascendant Justice on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:04 am

Judging from those quotes, it seems rather interesting. I'm not saying I would worship satan, I just found those quotes to be interesting.

btw, your sig(s) are awesome.

Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2135
Age : 23
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:32 am

Ascendant Justice wrote:I'm not saying I would worship satan

you should at least read the first 2 books of the satanic bible so you can actually fully understand it.

the satanic bible has almost nothing to do with the judo-chiristian being called 'Satan'.

KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by Gauz on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:27 pm


Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7686
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by Gauz on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:39 pm

The religion is actually much better sounding than any form of Christianity.... although what parts advocates physical harm to others? Just want to take a quick read, I hope my Library has it.

Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7686
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:42 pm

Gauz wrote:although what parts advocates physical harm to others?

none of it.

It doesn't even advocate harm to animals. It's actually the opposite. Satanism would rather someone sacrifice themselves in a ritual than sacrifice animals. But even that isn't called for.




okay, well, 1 part deals with harming others, but its in indulging in your fetishes. if someones masochistic, you nearly have an obligation to hurt them.

KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by Gauz on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:48 pm

Okay, well I guess satanists being crazy ritualists who sacrafice people/animals is just a common misconception.

Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7686
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:01 pm

who voted ridiculous?

and yes, gauz, thats pretty much how it is. the book actually addresses where those ideas came from and such.

KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:36 pm

KristallNacht wrote:

Satan represents responsibility to the responsible
Would like to hear that explained.

KristallNacht wrote:
I question all things. As I stand before the festering and varnished facades of your
haughtiest moral dogmas, I write thereon in letters of blazing scorn: Lo and behold; all
this is fraud!
Listen to MY Dogma! ^^

KristallNacht wrote:
He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief
in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom.
Yeah, I agree with this. If something is worth believing in, one should devote time to understanding it.

KristallNacht wrote:
Life is the great indulgence - death, the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of
life - HERE AND NOW!
"If it feels good, do it!"
The mantra of hedonism, extolled by such as Oscar Wilde and Aldous Huxley... ironically.

KristallNacht wrote:
God can do all the things man is forbidden to do - such as kill people, perform miracles to gratify his will, control without any apparent responsibility, etc. If man needs such a
god and recognizes that god, then he is worshipping an entity that a human being
invented. Therefore, HE IS WORSHIPPING BY PROXY THE MAN THAT INVENTED GOD. Is it not more sensible to
worship a god that he, himself, has created, in accordance with his own emotional needs - one
that best represents the very carnal and physical being that has the idea-power to invent a god
in the first place?
So, belief in a God is inherently wrong, but belief in a god is inherently right?
>.> I think I prefer atheists.

KristallNacht wrote:
You cannot love everyone; it is ridiculous to think you can. If you love everyone and
everything you lose your natural powers of selection and wind up being a pretty poor
judge of character and quality. If anything is used too freely it loses its true meaning.
Therefore, the Satanist believes you should love strongly and completely those who
deserve your love, but never turn the other cheek to your enemy!
Mhmm...
The inherent argument here is assuming that God is essentially human.
Whereas a human could not possibly love everybody, a God who could observe all of Humanity's actions and motivations, could understand and love each individual human.

KristallNacht wrote:
The watchword of Satanism is INDULGENCE instead of "abstinence" . . . BUT - it is not “compulsion“.
If it feels good, do it.

Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2926
Age : 26
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:40 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Satan represents responsibility to the responsible
Would like to hear that explained.[/quote]

Its basically that people should be held accountable to their actions.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:So, belief in a God is inherently wrong, but belief in a god is inherently right?
>.> I think I prefer atheists.

well thats not the ENTIRE passage. the rest of that chapter goes on to suggest that there is no reason to even externalize your god from yourself, and instead worship yourself as though you're a god.

KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:41 pm

why are people voting ridiculous but not actually posting?

KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by MrX on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:46 pm

because they are too busy coming all over a bible

MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Location : broadmore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by Zaki90 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:16 pm

Can any man ever be any dumber than to follow this religion?

Like really? There are no prophets, they humans wrote the book. Not even eyewitnesses. This is the lowest form of religon.

Honestly why do they use Satan? It could be anyone who said those sayings. But the Satan as we know through multiple prophets is a horrible man who would never, ever say these things. I don't think this religion truly follows Satan.

And because it was made by HUMANS who have never experienced any sort of prophecy or message from Satan or his counterparts write a full book made of liberal crap just to get people to follow. It doesn't have enough credit to be called a religion.


They are just waiting to get ripped by almost all the Abrahamic religions, Atheists and a bunch of other religons.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Age : 23
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by MrX on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:19 pm

some people fail to realize its not a worship of satan but i worship to the principle of reason and freedom...

MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Location : broadmore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:14 pm

Zaki90 wrote:Can any man ever be any dumber than to follow this religion?

to be christian would be quite a bit dumber.

try actually reading the Satanic Bible before bashing it.

I read your infernal Bible (I actually have a copy sitting 12 inches in front of me at this moment)

KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by PiEdude on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:18 pm

Obviously an Atheist bible, so fuck it.

It's one thing to not believe in God, and it's even another to resent some of the fanatics that do, but being fanatical and trying to convert others to your cause and alienating all others just like those that you claim to not be like?

That right there is the kind of person and mentality I just can't stand.

PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4567
Age : 23
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:24 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:So, belief in a God is inherently wrong, but belief in a god is inherently right?
>.> I think I prefer atheists.

well thats not the ENTIRE passage. the rest of that chapter goes on to suggest that there is no reason to even externalize your god from yourself, and instead worship yourself as though you're a god.
But you are worshiping yourself as a god. Note the lower case.
Whereas a God is a higher power, you are merely centering your admiration and devotion unto yourself.
Even non-Christian cultures would call that 'arrogance'.

KristallNacht wrote:why are people voting ridiculous but not actually posting?
Well, it's the same with any thread. If you say "It makes sense" that's all you have to do, but if you say "That's ridiculous", you have to come in and defend that position.

Not only is that more involved than most people get, but... well, you know how much people like to try and argue with you.

sargentbilco wrote:because they are too busy coming all over a bible
That was, in every sense, uncalled for.

Zaki90 wrote:
Honestly why do they use Satan? It could be anyone who said those sayings. But the Satan as we know through multiple prophets is a horrible man who would never, ever say these things. I don't think this religion truly follows Satan.
Following Abrahamic religions, all Satan would have to do is get people to turn away or disbelieve in God. He doesn't have to get people to follow him per se.

sargentbilco wrote:some people fail to realize its not a worship of satan but i worship to the principle of reason and freedom...
Not sure if you meant to say "A worship to the principle of reason" instead of "i worship to the principle of reason"
But this is less reason, and more hedonism.
People ask what's wrong with pursuing pleasure, and I say "everything in moderation." Look at how Oscar Wilde and Mick Jagger ended up.

KristallNacht wrote:
Zaki90 wrote:Can any man ever be any dumber than to follow this religion?

to be christian would be quite a bit dumber.

try actually reading the Satanic Bible before bashing it.
I have not, but I will go through it. How long is it?

KristallNacht wrote:I read your infernal Bible (I actually have a copy sitting 12 inches in front of me at this moment)
I doubt you actually read the Qu'ran, unless it was preparation for a deployment, but I know you didn't read the bible any more than Carl Sagan did.

Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2926
Age : 26
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:33 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:But you are worshiping yourself as a god. Note the lower case.
Whereas a God is a higher power, you are merely centering your admiration and devotion unto yourself.
Even non-Christian cultures would call that 'arrogance'.

Arrogance is when you truly believe you're more entitled and better than everyone else on a absolute level. this is a lot different. It the promotion of a healthy ego.


I have not, but I will go through it. How long is it?

an hour or so of reading if you include the Book of Belial and Leviathan. The Book of Lucifer is the core text though.

I doubt you actually read the Qu'ran, unless it was preparation for a deployment, but I know you didn't read the bible any more than Carl Sagan did.

I've read all of the bible....and no, not the Qu'ran.

KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:33 pm

PiEman wrote:Obviously an Atheist bible, so fuck it.

It's one thing to not believe in God, and it's even another to resent some of the fanatics that do, but being fanatical and trying to convert others to your cause and alienating all others just like those that you claim to not be like?

That right there is the kind of person and mentality I just can't stand.

i'm not even sure the point you're trying to make...

and its not an 'atheist' bible since it still believes in an influential force in the universe.


Last edited by KristallNacht on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by A_Bearded_Swede on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:36 pm

I'm a firm believer in religious freedom, so i'm okay with people believing in this stuff.

But do i think the satanic bible is ridiculous?

Yes.

_________________



.:Live Life, Love Life:.

A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1741
Age : 23
Location : Jersey
Registration date : 2008-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by Vigil on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:41 pm

Espically as it's completely bogus.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard

Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 27
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Vigil wrote:Espically as it's completely bogus.

Baconsen wrote:I'm a firm believer in religious freedom, so i'm okay with people believing in this stuff.

But do i think the satanic bible is ridiculous?

Yes.

have you guys even bothered to look at the philosophies contained therein?

KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by PiEdude on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:43 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
PiEman wrote:Obviously an Atheist bible, so fuck it.

It's one thing to not believe in God, and it's even another to resent some of the fanatics that do, but being fanatical and trying to convert others to your cause and alienating all others just like those that you claim to not be like?

That right there is the kind of person and mentality I just can't stand.

i'm not even sure the point you're trying to make...

and its not an 'atheist' bible since it still believes in an influential force in the universe.

It seems much more like an attack on religion (namely Christianity/Judaism) and much less an actual religious text.

PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4567
Age : 23
Location : In the middle of a hollowed crust.
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:47 pm

PiEman wrote:
It seems much more like an attack on religion (namely Christianity/Judaism) and much less an actual religious text.

just as much as Christianity is an attack on pagan religions.

Hell, The Satanic Bible, while only written in the 1960s, is based on information from as far back as before Christianity even began.

KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by A_Bearded_Swede on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:51 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
have you guys even bothered to look at the philosophies contained therein?
Philosophies?

If you call em that.

All they say is for you to be selfish, cause life is short.

And that God is trash.

_________________



.:Live Life, Love Life:.

A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1741
Age : 23
Location : Jersey
Registration date : 2008-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Satanic Bible

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:41 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum