Homosexuality in Religion

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Homosexuality in Religion

Post by LeafyOwNu2 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:31 pm

In every religion there is some mention that being a homosexual is a sin and said person will be damned to hell.

However you will always find a homosexual who believes in God and has accepted Jesus Christ as their lord and savior. Do you believe that homosexuals are wasting their time trying to get into Heaven, or do you believe that God will accept the child that he loves no matter what their personalities are?

I guess what I am trying to point out is, Is God really such a closed minded being?
avatar
LeafyOwNu2
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 280
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee
Registration date : 2008-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by Zaki90 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:34 pm

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:In every religion there is some mention that being a homosexual is a sin and said person will be damned to hell.

However you will always find a homosexual who believes in God and has accepted Jesus Christ as their lord and savior. Do you believe that homosexuals are wasting their time trying to get into Heaven, or do you believe that God will accept the child that he loves no matter what their personalities are?

I guess what I am trying to point out is, Is God really such a closed minded being?

God is whatever the people want him to be. If they are religous bigots, then god is a hardcore dude who kills people who he doesn't like.

The only real way to find what God is is to look at the facts and untouched books.

Zaki90
Minion

Male Number of posts : 764
Age : 24
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by Rotaretilbo on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:39 pm

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:In every religion there is some mention that being a homosexual is a sin and said person will be damned to hell.

I don't know about every religion...and homosexuals aren't any more or less damned than murderers, liars, idolaters, or any other sinner, either.

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:However you will always find a homosexual who believes in God and has accepted Jesus Christ as their lord and savior.

You will also find that almost every African American is a professing Christian. I knew a guy I used to drive to church. He also had me drive him around so he could buy blunts and hustle stolen Blackberries and the like. He wasn't married, but had two kids: one with his ex-wife and one with his baby mama. The guy barely understood the precepts of Christianity (as evidenced by the questions he asked at church), but he was a "Christian," according to himself.

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:Do you believe that homosexuals are wasting their time trying to get into Heaven, or do you believe that God will accept the child that he loves no matter what their personalities are?

Homosexuals are wasting their time as much as murderers or liars might be. If one wants to accept Christ, one must repent, which means to turn from their sins. That is to say, those sects of "Christians" who are actively gay and make no attempt to change it probably aren't real Christians. That doesn't mean that being gay automatically damns you and makes it impossible to get to Heaven. It just means that, like any other sinner, you have to at least try to turn from your sins in order to accept Christ into your life. I sin, but I know that what I do is wrong, and make an active effort not to sin.

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:I guess what I am trying to point out is, Is God really such a closed minded being?

There are two primary attributes of God: God is love, and God is just. That meaning, God loves everyone unconditionally; however, God cannot be in the presence of sin. This can be seen when God must turn away from Jesus when he is on the cross, becoming sin personified.

So, because we all sin and have denied ourselves access to Heaven, God made a way for us to get their. A sort of loophole. He paid the price, and all we have to do is honestly accept this. But if there is no repentance or remorse, then there is no true accepting of Christ.

So, what I am saying is that no, homosexuals don't go to Heaven, and neither do murderers or liars. But men who have turned from these sins can go to Heaven.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by Gauz on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:49 pm

That my friend, is a great example of bible hpyocrisy. I just dont care what the bible has to say, because it is not an account of what god said, its just what a bunch of arse's who think they know what god says.

Well lets look at it this way, how many times does god say he loves you and he loves everyone?
Numerous, uncountable number of times.
How many times did he "say" he thought homosexuals were sinners?
As far as I know, once, which isn't a whole lot.

So just think this way, God loves everyone > God hates Homosexuals.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by LeafyOwNu2 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:56 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
LeafyOwNu2 wrote:In every religion there is some mention that being a homosexual is a sin and said person will be damned to hell.

I don't know about every religion...and homosexuals aren't any more or less damned than murderers, liars, idolaters, or any other sinner, either.

I simply said they haven sinned, and because of that they are damned to hell. I never implied that it was a larger sin to be homosexual that it was to not be.

Rotaretilbo wrote:
LeafyOwNu2 wrote:However you will always find a homosexual who believes in God and has accepted Jesus Christ as their lord and savior.

You will also find that almost every African American is a professing Christian. I knew a guy I used to drive to church. He also had me drive him around so he could buy blunts and hustle stolen Blackberries and the like. He wasn't married, but had two kids: one with his ex-wife and one with his baby mama. The guy barely understood the precepts of Christianity (as evidenced by the questions he asked at church), but he was a "Christian," according to himself.

Not really sure what point you are trying to bring up. I was simply stating that homosexuals believe in God and believe that God will accept them for who they are.

Rotaretilbo wrote:
LeafyOwNu2 wrote:Do you believe that homosexuals are wasting their time trying to get into Heaven, or do you believe that God will accept the child that he loves no matter what their personalities are?

Homosexuals are wasting their time as much as murderers or liars might be. If one wants to accept Christ, one must repent, which means to turn from their sins. That is to say, those sects of "Christians" who are actively gay and make no attempt to change it probably aren't real Christians. That doesn't mean that being gay automatically damns you and makes it impossible to get to Heaven. It just means that, like any other sinner, you have to at least try to turn from your sins in order to accept Christ into your life. I sin, but I know that what I do is wrong, and make an active effort not to sin.

So loving someone unconditionally is a sin? Being homosexual is not a perversion and it is not out of lust. You will find many homosexuals who love each other more than many heterosexual couples.

Rotaretilbo wrote:
LeafyOwNu2 wrote:I guess what I am trying to point out is, Is God really such a closed minded being?

There are two primary attributes of God: God is love, and God is just. That meaning, God loves everyone unconditionally; however, God cannot be in the presence of sin. This can be seen when God must turn away from Jesus when he is on the cross, becoming sin personified.

We were made in Gods image. If God loves everyone unconditionally, why can't we? Why should gender be a limitation? Just because two of the same sex can not make babies does not mean they love each other any less. They can still adopt and give a child a better future.

I believe I heard somewhere we can not be better than God. Yet if God is so closed minded that he will not let homosexuals in Heaven, and I am open minded enough to accept them for who they are. That means I am better than God in some aspects, which is not possible. So either a lot of people on the Earth are better than the almighty God, or God is truly open minded and will allow people in his presence who are gay.

Rotaretilbo wrote:
So, because we all sin and have denied ourselves access to Heaven, God made a way for us to get their. A sort of loophole. He paid the price, and all we have to do is honestly accept this. But if there is no repentance or remorse, then there is no true accepting of Christ.

So, what I am saying is that no, homosexuals don't go to Heaven, and neither do murderers or liars. But men who have turned from these sins can go to Heaven.

So in Heaven everyone will be straight, loving, non-violent, truthful, and kind. It sounds like that would get very boring fast. Our mistakes are what makes us who we are. They are what builds a personality. If we had no mistakes we would all be the same. A Heaven were everyone is the same sound very very boring.
avatar
LeafyOwNu2
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 280
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee
Registration date : 2008-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by kslidz on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:57 pm

not every religion does that someone in every religion does though

just because the bible condemns homosexuality does not mean a homosexual casn not get to heaven

and as for your remark about god being closed minded if he doesnt accept homosexuality

who do you think God is
he is not in need of humans its quite the contrary humans need God and if God creates some arbitrary rule we shouldnt complain

and God didnt just make some arbitrary rule have you ever heard of AIDs if there wasnt homosexuality there wouldnt be AIDs




but going to my personal viewpoint
homosexuality is not a personality it is a choice just as love is a choice
humans should choose to love one woman even if she has gained 40 lbs and another smoking hot woman has just offered herself that is a sin and homosexuality is no different
just because a man is turned on by another man doesnt mean they have to have sex if he must get his wife to get a strap on penis and have her bang the crap into his butt all he wants
pigs of men are looked down on just like homosexuals that have sex with many different men
why is that
they both are having sex with people that are not their wives

men should not have sex with men
women should not have sex with women
a man should not have sex with womEn
a woman should not have sex with mEn
one man should have sex with one one woman all of one of their lives


of you think that makes me a bad person let me tell you
I treat people who:
are homosexual
drink underage
abuse drugs
abuse sex
divorce
lie
cheat
steal
commit abortion


the same
with love and compassion
I dont like what they do and if they ask I let them know but I dont disassociate my self with them i just show love that was shown to me by Jesus, or at least try

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Age : 26
Location : your pants
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by LeafyOwNu2 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:02 pm

kslidz wrote:who do you think God is
he is not in need of humans its quite the contrary humans need God and if God creates some arbitrary rule we shouldnt complain

and God didnt just make some arbitrary rule have you ever heard of AIDs if there wasnt homosexuality there wouldnt be AIDs

If God made AIDS to punish homosexuals then why does AIDS effect straight couples as well?

Also, if God didn't need humans why did he create them in the first place?
avatar
LeafyOwNu2
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 280
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee
Registration date : 2008-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by kslidz on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:16 pm

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:
LeafyOwNu2 wrote:In every religion there is some mention that being a homosexual is a sin and said person will be damned to hell.

I don't know about every religion...and homosexuals aren't any more or less damned than murderers, liars, idolaters, or any other sinner, either.

I simply said they haven sinned, and because of that they are damned to hell. I never implied that it was a larger sin to be homosexual that it was to not be.
just making sure you understand

Rotaretilbo wrote:
LeafyOwNu2 wrote:However you will always find a homosexual who believes in God and has accepted Jesus Christ as their lord and savior.

You will also find that almost every African American is a professing Christian. I knew a guy I used to drive to church. He also had me drive him around so he could buy blunts and hustle stolen Blackberries and the like. He wasn't married, but had two kids: one with his ex-wife and one with his baby mama. The guy barely understood the precepts of Christianity (as evidenced by the questions he asked at church), but he was a "Christian," according to himself.

Not really sure what point you are trying to bring up. I was simply stating that homosexuals believe in God and believe that God will accept them for who they are.
hes saying that just because you say you are a Christian does not mean you are and are not sinning in a major way


Rotaretilbo wrote:
LeafyOwNu2 wrote:Do you believe that homosexuals are wasting their time trying to get into Heaven, or do you believe that God will accept the child that he loves no matter what their personalities are?

Homosexuals are wasting their time as much as murderers or liars might be. If one wants to accept Christ, one must repent, which means to turn from their sins. That is to say, those sects of "Christians" who are actively gay and make no attempt to change it probably aren't real Christians. That doesn't mean that being gay automatically damns you and makes it impossible to get to Heaven. It just means that, like any other sinner, you have to at least try to turn from your sins in order to accept Christ into your life. I sin, but I know that what I do is wrong, and make an active effort not to sin.

So loving someone unconditionally is a sin? Being homosexual is not a perversion and it is not out of lust. You will find many homosexuals who love each other more than many heterosexual couples.

Rotaretilbo wrote:
LeafyOwNu2 wrote:I guess what I am trying to point out is, Is God really such a closed minded being?

There are two primary attributes of God: God is love, and God is just. That meaning, God loves everyone unconditionally; however, God cannot be in the presence of sin. This can be seen when God must turn away from Jesus when he is on the cross, becoming sin personified.

We were made in Gods image. If God loves everyone unconditionally, why can't we? Why should gender be a limitation? Just because two of the same sex can not make babies does not mean they love each other any less. They can still adopt and give a child a better future.

I believe I heard somewhere we can not be better than God. Yet if God is so closed minded that he will not let homosexuals in Heaven, and I am open minded enough to accept them for who they are. That means I am better than God in some aspects, which is not possible. So either a lot of people on the Earth are better than the almighty God, or God is truly open minded and will allow people in his presence who are gay.
God is just and must abide by the law of sin and death
under which homosexuality is a sin

you are not God and are not as loving or just as He is

Homosexuality is a perversion and so is polygamy and so is sleeping around thats why there is a physical consequence

if you have sex with only one person all your life then you will not get any std
and the mixture of homosexuality and sex with many people helped create AIDs the deadliest (highest death ratio not necessarily kill rate) std of all
even if i hadnt read the Bible i would say that homosexuality must be bad


Rotaretilbo wrote:
So, because we all sin and have denied ourselves access to Heaven, God made a way for us to get their. A sort of loophole. He paid the price, and all we have to do is honestly accept this. But if there is no repentance or remorse, then there is no true accepting of Christ.

So, what I am saying is that no, homosexuals don't go to Heaven, and neither do murderers or liars. But men who have turned from these sins can go to Heaven.

So in Heaven everyone will be straight, loving, non-violent, truthful, and kind. It sounds like that would get very boring fast. Our mistakes are what makes us who we are. They are what builds a personality. If we had no mistakes we would all be the same. A Heaven were everyone is the same sound very very boring.
[/quote]

just because someone doesnt sin does not make them have a certain personality
for instance
I love coheed and cambria and there is no sin in that
but my friend doesnt but loves coldplay
and the only time i get mad at my friend and am not having fun with him is when either i sin or he does
all the other time we have a blast


so if we have fun with out sinning and we have been friends since 2nd grade and have been best friends the entire time and have not gotten bored of each other then we dont get bored with each other
and if i dont enjoy him when one of us sins then i would say

perfect>sinful

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Age : 26
Location : your pants
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by Rotaretilbo on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:16 pm

Gauz wrote:That my friend, is a great example of bible hpyocrisy. I just dont care what the bible has to say, because it is not an account of what god said, its just what a bunch of arse's who think they know what god says.

Well lets look at it this way, how many times does god say he loves you and he loves everyone?
Numerous, uncountable number of times.
How many times did he "say" he thought homosexuals were sinners?
As far as I know, once, which isn't a whole lot.

So just think this way, God loves everyone > God hates Homosexuals.

I'm trying to find the part where homosexuality being a sin equates to God hating homosexuals...but I can't. Do you know why? Because it isn't there. People who claim things like "God hates fags" are stupid and don't have a clear understanding of their own teachings.

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:I simply said they haven sinned, and because of that they are damned to hell. I never implied that it was a larger sin to be homosexual that it was to not be.

The very fact that you bring it up but not other sins implies it being larger. I just want to be clear that it isn't any worse or better than any other sin, as that is a common misconception among Christians.

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:Not really sure what point you are trying to bring up. I was simply stating that homosexuals believe in God and believe that God will accept them for who they are.

My point was that a lot of people will claim to be Christian. That doesn't mean that everyone who says they are a Christian is one. Satan believes in God too, but it isn't doing him a lot of good.

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:So loving someone unconditionally is a sin? Being homosexual is not a perversion and it is not out of lust. You will find many homosexuals who love each other more than many heterosexual couples.

Homosexuality is just as much a perversion as bestiality or pedophilia. Not every pedophile desires children purely out of lust either. There are some who truly love children (though very few humans are capable of unconditional love, even among straight people). It is a sex-based mental disorder of sorts.

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:We were made in Gods image. If God loves everyone unconditionally, why can't we? Why should gender be a limitation? Just because two of the same sex can not make babies does not mean they love each other any less. They can still adopt and give a child a better future.

Bait and switch with the word "love". We all know that there are multiple types of love, and that God doesn't love us in the same way that a husband and wife love each other, but more in the way that a father loves his children. Christians are called to love everyone, but not in the sense that you imply.

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:I believe I heard somewhere we can not be better than God. Yet if God is so closed minded that he will not let homosexuals in Heaven, and I am open minded enough to accept them for who they are. That means I am better than God in some aspects, which is not possible. So either a lot of people on the Earth are better than the almighty God, or God is truly open minded and will allow people in his presence who are gay.

Open mindedness does not automatically equate to being better than someone. I am close minded in the sense that I believe that murderers should be separated from society in an institution known as prison. If someone is open minded and believes that murderers should be allowed to roam free, does this make them "better" than me? Of course not. God loves homosexuals, no matter who they are or what they've done, but he cannot lot sinners into heaven if they do not accept the payment for their sins and make an effort to repent.

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:So in Heaven everyone will be straight, loving, non-violent, truthful, and kind. It sounds like that would get very boring fast. Our mistakes are what makes us who we are. They are what builds a personality. If we had no mistakes we would all be the same. A Heaven were everyone is the same sound very very boring.

A world without sin isn't necessarily a world where everyone is the same, you know.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by BBJynne on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:17 pm

God loves everybody. That's his thing.
Gay people are as bad as any other person, but they just happen to be named after their problems, as opposed to "normal" people, who are having problems in a different area of life.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by Death no More on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:26 pm

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:In every religion there is some mention that being a homosexual is a sin and said person will be damned to hell.

However you will always find a homosexual who believes in God and has accepted Jesus Christ as their lord and savior. Do you believe that homosexuals are wasting their time trying to get into Heaven, or do you believe that God will accept the child that he loves no matter what their personalities are?

I guess what I am trying to point out is, Is God really such a closed minded being?
As long as a person is truly good, I guess god will accept but it is probably harder for Homosexuals since that is a mortal sin.
avatar
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Age : 22
Location : Spreading Holy convergence in the sprawl.
Registration date : 2009-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by Felix on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:38 pm

Eh. We can never truely understand if God, god(s) or anything of a higher being hates gay people. Human error may play a role in many bibilcal text claiming that God and the like hate gays.

One thing I would like to point out is, there is no "direct" way to heaven(if my teachings are correct) unless you are a saint. We all end up in purgatory(but I'm guessing you go directly to hell for commeting certain crimes).

Me, personally, I am still iffy on if there is a God or not, but if a God were to be "real"(I use quotations as real may be an entirely different concepts to a God) I doubt he would bestow destruction upon his/her subjects. Why give free will if one can not use it?(to an extent of course)

I also don't agree with the whole Ark thing, but I think I'm getting off subject.

I doubt God hates gays, and whoever said AIDS was "made" because of gays, I guess you also think the plague was made because God was just really pissed off at Europe.
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2077
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by kslidz on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:41 pm

no the black plague happened because people threw there feces in the street and rats were abundant
and guess what

there are rules against doing stuff like that in the Bible as well

AIDs was not made because of gayness but nonetheless it was result you cant argue that

and yes straight people can get AIDs but thats not where it originated

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Age : 26
Location : your pants
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by Rotaretilbo on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:43 pm

Felix wrote:Eh. We can never truely understand if God, god(s) or anything of a higher being hates gay people. Human error may play a role in many bibilcal text claiming that God and the like hate gays.

Considering that the Bible doesn't claim that God hates gays...

Felix wrote:One thing I would like to point out is, there is no "direct" way to heaven(if my teachings are correct) unless you are a saint. We all end up in purgatory(but I'm guessing you go directly to hell for commeting certain crimes).

Only if you believe in Purgatory. Most Protestants believe that the cleansing by fire referred to in Corinthians occurs in Heaven itself, since there is no mention of it occurring anywhere special.

Felix wrote:Me, personally, I am still iffy on if there is a God or not, but if a God were to be "real"(I use quotations as real may be an entirely different concepts to a God) I doubt he would bestow destruction upon his/her subjects. Why give free will if one can not use it?(to an extent of course)

Well, for a while, Adam and Eve exercised free will without sinning. Free will doesn't automatically damn us, after all.

Felix wrote:I also don't agree with the whole Ark thing, but I think I'm getting off subject.

Razz

Felix wrote:I doubt God hates gays, and whoever said AIDS was "made" because of gays, I guess you also think the plague was made because God was just really pissed off at Europe.

Diseases in general seem to come about in low points of human morality, I suppose, but I wouldn't call any one disease specifically made for any one sin. If I had to call AIDS as punishment for a specific sin, I'd call bestiality, since it was derived through intercourse between men and certain monkeys (who are carriers of AIDS).

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by kslidz on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:46 pm

this would get way off topic but also just throwing in a couple responses to felix

not any real proof for purgatory or mention of it in the Bible unless you are speaking of Abraham's bosom which is now empty

free will is very debatable
i land on the predestined in every aspect of life part

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Age : 26
Location : your pants
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by Rotaretilbo on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:48 pm

kslidz wrote:free will is very debatable
i land on the predestined in every aspect of life part

If God preordains every action we have and there is no free will, then God specifically damns each person that goes to Hell to Hell, which goes against God wanting everyone to go to Heaven (since he could simply preordain that).

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by kslidz on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:13 pm

well if we are going to debate this we should start another thread so if it goes past this comment then i will but

http://www.reformationtheology.com/2005/10/understanding_2_peter_39_by_pa.php

check that out and see why i disagree with your assumption and I have a counter passage



please dissect romans 8:9

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Age : 26
Location : your pants
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by Rotaretilbo on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:22 pm

Romans 8:9? It talks about how Christians are controlled by the Spirit rather than by their sinful nature, and goes on to say that those without the Spirit are not of Christ. It has nothing to do with free will or a lack thereof. If anything, the only thing you could gather from such a passage is that Christians give up free will upon accepting Christ. But since we continue to sin, this cannot be so. Rather, the passage seems to say that when one becomes a Christian, he is no longer a slave to his sinful nature, because the Spirit has entered him and acts as our conscience.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:24 pm

Felix wrote:Eh. We can never truely understand if God, god(s) or anything of a higher being hates gay people. Human error may play a role in many bibilcal text claiming that God and the like hate gays.
My take on the subject, aside from the historical accuracy of the bible:
If an all-powerful God was to go to the trouble of giving us his word and telling us what to do, he'd probably go to the trouble of making sure that his Word remains uncorrupted.

Felix wrote:One thing I would like to point out is, there is no "direct" way to heaven(if my teachings are correct) unless you are a saint. We all end up in purgatory(but I'm guessing you go directly to hell for commeting certain crimes).
Is this what you've been taught, or what you've decided from the sidelines?
(Note that I'm not asking "Do you just believe that because your parents believe it?" I'm asking something entirely different)

Anyhow, when I was young... I kept getting Purgatory and Constipation mixed up. It was embarrassing.

Felix wrote:Me, personally, I am still iffy on if there is a God or not, but if a God were to be "real"(I use quotations as real may be an entirely different concepts to a God) I doubt he would bestow destruction upon his/her subjects. Why give free will if one can not use it?(to an extent of course)
Well, here's a microcosm: In Spore, it's great when the little creatures do what you want them to do without a lot of prodding.
If they were programmed to do EXACTLY what you want them to, down to the letter, then it would not only dissatisfying to you, but unfair to them. They'd be little more than calculators.
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by KrAzY on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:32 pm

I think the point felix was making... to continue with your metaphor...


in spore... if they don't do EXACTLY what you tell them... you don't blow up the planet...

free will is not a "gift" nor is it free if that will is punished for not acting like a calculator
avatar
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3953
Age : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by LeafyOwNu2 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:37 pm

Yes I understand that all sins will cause you to go to hell. But the real question is should homosexuality be considered a sin?

Is a man loving a man any different than a man loving a woman? I have seen gay couples who have been with each other for their whole lives. I do not think its a perversion.

I don't like the idea of gender being a limit. I think people should love the person, not the gender.

Also, if God gave us a true path which is hidden, then it will be almost impossible to stay on it. Its like me telling you to come find me, but not telling you where I live and only giving you simple ways to get to my house (ie take the interstate). It will be almost impossible to follow any path when free will is added.
avatar
LeafyOwNu2
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 280
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee
Registration date : 2008-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by Rotaretilbo on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:42 pm

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:Yes I understand that all sins will cause you to go to hell. But the real question is should homosexuality be considered a sin?

Well, let's see where this takes us.

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:Is a man loving a man any different than a man loving a woman? I have seen gay couples who have been with each other for their whole lives. I do not think its a perversion.

I don't like the idea of gender being a limit. I think people should love the person, not the gender.

What about a man loving a child? Why should age be a barrier? Or a man loving a dog? Why should species be a barrier? Or a man loving his toaster? Why should life be a barrier? You see, when we break down the fundamental barrier of one man and one woman, which is what nature intended, we must consider what happens to the other barriers.

LeafyOwNu2 wrote:Also, if God gave us a true path which is hidden, then it will be almost impossible to stay on it. Its like me telling you to come find me, but not telling you where I live and only giving you simple ways to get to my house (ie take the interstate). It will be almost impossible to follow any path when free will is added.

But that isn't how it is. The Bible is extremely clear on how to get to Him. Your argument actually supports the Bible as being the true Word of God, as you're right that it wouldn't make sense for God not to give us directions on how to get to Him if He expects us to.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by Felix on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:46 pm

kslidz wrote:no the black plague happened because people threw there feces in the street and rats were abundant
and guess what

there are rules against doing stuff like that in the Bible as well

AIDs was not made because of gayness but nonetheless it was result you cant argue that

and yes straight people can get AIDs but thats not where it originated

All diseases have an origin from a certain cause. Just because it came from(which I'm personally still not sure about) Gays, it doesn't mean God made it "clean" gays.

Me, personally, I can't figure out well God would hate gays(to clarify, I'm not sure if it's written in text, but it's been said). If they don't hurt me, or the people around me, I don't see why they shouldn't go to Heaven if they do all "right" choices in life.

Also, the purgatory thing. In Catholic school, I was told that no one gets in to Heaven straight away unless you were a saint. You go to Purgatory(basically the middle area) where you wait for a certain number of prayers to get into Heaven. This concept always came up odd to me, but it's what I was told.
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2077
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by kslidz on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:47 pm

oh sorry i meant 8 and 9 sorry and you dont have to dissect everythig just the obvious parts

kslidz
Minion

Male Number of posts : 753
Age : 26
Location : your pants
Registration date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by Gauz on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:47 pm

Should it be considered a sin? Well to me, it shouldn't, and you described why. To others, it should, why? Well they have their own (absurd) reasoning, and they are entitled to their own (absurd) opinoins.

Moreover, what is the proximate cause to this argument? Or... what are we debating? Are we debating the ethics of homosexuality? If we are trying to find out if God accepts Homosexuals definately, you wont really get anywhere.

My opinion is that God loves everyone, why? He says it (or people say he says it) over and over in the book (bible).
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homosexuality in Religion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum