Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dead space 2

Post by Death no More on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:12 pm

Dead space 2 is near Very Happy

Hmmm after some decoding I have gotten this:

THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER
BUT IT WILL NOT END!

Along with multiple teaser rumors and a rumored announcement of the game on the 22nd and a teaser on spike on the 12th, DS2 Is coming my brothers Very Happy

Last edited by Death no More on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Ascendant Justice on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:17 pm

Yes......YES!
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2135
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:23 pm

*sigh* Why does everyone shout and jump for sequals? How often do sequals succeed? Rarely, I think you should be hoping they dont kill deadspace.
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:43 pm

Gauz wrote:*sigh* Why does everyone shout and jump for sequals? How often do sequals succeed? Rarely, I think you should be hoping they dont kill deadspace.
Half Life 2, Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Stars Wars Episode 5:The Empire Strikes Back, Team Fortress 2, Saints Row 2, Killzone 2, Silent Hill 2, etc. etc. Yes Gauz, there is such a thing as a successful sequel.
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:45 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:
Gauz wrote:*sigh* Why does everyone shout and jump for sequals? How often do sequals succeed? Rarely, I think you should be hoping they dont kill deadspace.
Half Life 2, Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Stars Wars Episode 5:The Empire Strikes Back, Team Fortress 2, Saints Row 2, Killzone 2, Silent Hill 2, etc. etc. Yes Gauz, there is such a thing as a successful sequel.
I said how often, not that they all suck.

Some of them are good, the rest however, are shit.
Gauz
Crimson Medic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:50 pm

Gauz wrote:
Gold Spartan5 wrote:

The Dark Knight, The Godfather Part II, Aliens, Terminator II, The Bourne Supremacy, ect.

Gauz, the point is that while some sequels have a bad reputation for not living up to the original, there is little reason to assume that just because it's a sequel it's automatically going to suck.
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4571

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:54 pm

PiEdude wrote:
Gauz wrote:
Gold Spartan5 wrote:

The Dark Knight, The Godfather Part II, Aliens, Terminator II, The Bourne Supremacy, ect.

Gauz, the point is that while some sequels have a bad reputation for not living up to the original, there is little reason to assume that just because it's a sequel it's automatically going to suck.
I didn't say it would suck, I just said don't get your hopes up. And would you stop with the lists? There is more shitty bad games in this world than good ones, unfortunately.
Gauz
Crimson Medic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:00 pm

Gauz wrote:
PiEdude wrote:
Gauz wrote:
Gold Spartan5 wrote:

I didn't say it would suck, I just said don't get your hopes up. And would you stop with the lists? There is more shitty bad games in this world than good ones, unfortunately.
I dont see how your point counts since he's taking about movies....
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:01 pm

ITT: we cry about potentially bad sequals.
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:34 pm

Gauz wrote:
PiEdude wrote:
Gauz wrote:
Gold Spartan5 wrote:

I didn't say it would suck, I just said don't get your hopes up.

And I'm saying, don't put your hopes down.
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:19 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:
Battlezone II
fixed

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:35 pm

Hoo-ray!!! Dead Space 2. Very Happy
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:21 am

In the video game world, everything must have a sequel.

It costs far too much to develop and market a new IP to just leave it in the dust after one successful title. Game publishers must build franchises to succeed.

'tis a shame.
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:36 am

Okay... lets get back on topic. I really hope they add some form of multiplayer into DS2, like horde maybe? Or something like nazi zombies. I had some good ideas on the dead space forum, and I think they would work perfectly.

MP ideas thread
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toaster on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:40 am

Multiplaye.... /:

I guess I agree that a survival co-op mode would be cool, but I just hate to suggest the addition of multiplayer to a really great single-player game. It just feels like asking for something where it doesn't belong.

Game developers tend to feel like they have to have some kind of multiplayer, so they tack on some crummy system at the very last minute... and it tends not to fit well with the game.
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Registration date : 2008-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:47 am

ReconToaster wrote:Multiplaye.... /:

I guess I agree that a survival co-op mode would be cool, but I just hate to suggest the addition of multiplayer to a really great single-player game. It just feels like asking for something where it doesn't belong.

Game developers tend to feel like they have to have some kind of multiplayer, so they tack on some crummy system at the very last minute... and it tends not to fit well with the game.
Eh I mean if they took a bit longer with the game and focused on a MP aswell I think the game would benefit all around, a good single player and a good MP can never go wrong Very Happy
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:19 am

But the problem with that is that without multiplayer a game has little replay value.

Even Mass Effect, being the best Single player game on the 360 and having different scenarios every time, still had the same basic endings and plot points for every play through, and that does get old.
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:22 pm

PiEdude wrote:

But the problem with that is that without multiplayer a game has little replay value.

Even Mass Effect, being the best Single player game on the 360 and having different scenarios every time, still had the same basic endings and plot points for every play through, and that does get old.
Yes that's why multiplayer is needed, I mean most people can only play through a good single player game two or threes times (That estimation is pushing it.) and wont be able to play through it again due to replay value. MP really helps.
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:18 pm

MP does help... if its good. Game designers could be creative, and some... lets just say they could be. I dont think it would be the standard Team death match and capture the flag, I think it'd be cool if they intergrated the necromorphs into gameplay with two teams.

Horde or Nazi zombies.... would be copying, nothing we haven't seen before, now with necromorphs. I think instead of camping in one or two spots, they should get objectives and be constantly moving, or something to that extent.
Gauz
Crimson Medic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:24 pm

Gauz wrote:I think instead of camping in one or two spots, they should get objectives and be constantly moving, or something to that extent.

That gave me an idea.

What if you and a few friends could be playing something like horde mode, but the objective is to escape rather than hold them off until you die.

The group would be trying to reach an escape pod or shuttle or something while fighting off waves of necromorphs.
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:47 pm

Not a bad idea, but unfortunately, more people like survival Sad

Game devs make survival games because thats what people like, they'd have to make really long levels for the escape one. I guess it could be kind of like l4d in a way... that'd work.
Gauz
Crimson Medic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:26 pm

PiEdude wrote:
Gauz wrote:I think instead of camping in one or two spots, they should get objectives and be constantly moving, or something to that extent.

That gave me an idea.

What if you and a few friends could be playing something like horde mode, but the objective is to escape rather than hold them off until you die.

The group would be trying to reach an escape pod or shuttle or something while fighting off waves of necromorphs.
So Left 4 Dead?
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:36 pm

Gold Spartan5 wrote:
PiEdude wrote:

That gave me an idea.

So Left 4 Dead?

Okay, what if you were a super soldier, the last of your kind, and you have to blow up an alien ring world?
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:32 pm

PiEdude wrote:
Gold Spartan5 wrote:
PiEdude wrote:

That gave me an idea.

So Left 4 Dead?

Okay, what if you were a super soldier, the last of your kind, and you have to blow up an alien ring world?

I love it!!! But I just cant shake the feeling that this has been done four times in a row by the same game series already...
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukurse on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:34 pm

PiEdude wrote:
Gold Spartan5 wrote:
PiEdude wrote:

That gave me an idea.

So Left 4 Dead?

Sounds like it would make one of the most overrated games of all time.
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top