Dead space 2

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Vigil on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:17 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:http://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-7-1-Channel-Surround-Sound-Headset/dp/B001O5CCQK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295801792&sr=8-1-spell

Sounds excellent with DS2. Surround sound and built in subwoofer. It may be expensive but I highly recomment it, its worth the money. Strategy games, horror games, movies, and music sound great on it.

Sooo....is hardcore mode actually challenging unlike in DS1?

Yeah. One mistake any you get knocked back pretty far, you have to be tactical with the saves and in gameplay.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Ascendant Justice on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:31 pm

With the saves, does it mean you can only save 3 times during the whole game, or three times in a level? Can you delete saves so as to make room for another one?
avatar
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2135
Age : 24
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Vigil on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:41 pm

You can only save 3 times during the whole game and you cannot delete saves to increase that number.

It's tough.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Ruski on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:28 pm

avatar
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1217
Age : 23
Location : Canton, Ohio
Registration date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Divine Virus on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:31 pm

Demon Gymnast.

ROFL
avatar
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 27
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Vigil on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:17 pm


_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Vigil on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:36 am


_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Ascendant Justice on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:25 pm

That is the best trailer I have ever seen lol.
avatar
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2135
Age : 24
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Death no More on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Vigil wrote:
Death no More wrote:
Divine Virus wrote:
Vigil wrote:Oh and the Contact beam's secondary fully upgraded with the special RAPES the force gun at crowd control.
Told you! Razz
Blasphemer! Nothing will ever beat the force gun. Anyone else notice the flamethrower rapes shit this time around? The ripper is also improved and every weapon seems to be good unlike in dead space.

Force Gun fires a wave that pushes enemies back in front of you and kills in two shots.

Contact Beam fires a 360 radial blast that puts all nearby enemies in stasis and kills all but the black necromorphs in 1 shot (It kills them in 2)

It's more cost efficent, more deadly and gets the job done faster.

Oh and I finish Hardcore Tomorrow, take that you necromorph loving unitologist lunatic. Razz
Well nothing that you do will ever compare to my dead space 1 impossible run through where I upgraded nothing and used the level 1 suit only.

Can't wait for severed btw, Im glad they have it priced at 560 MS and not 800.
avatar
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Age : 22
Location : Spreading Holy convergence in the sprawl.
Registration date : 2009-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Vigil on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:35 pm

Death no More wrote:
Vigil wrote:
Death no More wrote:
Divine Virus wrote:
Vigil wrote:Oh and the Contact beam's secondary fully upgraded with the special RAPES the force gun at crowd control.
Told you! Razz
Blasphemer! Nothing will ever beat the force gun. Anyone else notice the flamethrower rapes shit this time around? The ripper is also improved and every weapon seems to be good unlike in dead space.

Force Gun fires a wave that pushes enemies back in front of you and kills in two shots.

Contact Beam fires a 360 radial blast that puts all nearby enemies in stasis and kills all but the black necromorphs in 1 shot (It kills them in 2)

It's more cost efficent, more deadly and gets the job done faster.

Oh and I finish Hardcore Tomorrow, take that you necromorph loving unitologist lunatic. Razz
Well nothing that you do will ever compare to my dead space 1 impossible run through where I upgraded nothing and used the level 1 suit only.

Can't wait for severed btw, Im glad they have it priced at 560 MS and not 800.

And you wonder why I call you a necromorph loving unitologist lunatic.

Cheats or no cheats BTW?

Agreed about severed.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Death no More on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:42 am

Vigil wrote:
Death no More wrote:
Vigil wrote:
Death no More wrote:
Divine Virus wrote:
Vigil wrote:Oh and the Contact beam's secondary fully upgraded with the special RAPES the force gun at crowd control.
Told you! Razz
Blasphemer! Nothing will ever beat the force gun. Anyone else notice the flamethrower rapes shit this time around? The ripper is also improved and every weapon seems to be good unlike in dead space.

Force Gun fires a wave that pushes enemies back in front of you and kills in two shots.

Contact Beam fires a 360 radial blast that puts all nearby enemies in stasis and kills all but the black necromorphs in 1 shot (It kills them in 2)

It's more cost efficent, more deadly and gets the job done faster.

Oh and I finish Hardcore Tomorrow, take that you necromorph loving unitologist lunatic. Razz
Well nothing that you do will ever compare to my dead space 1 impossible run through where I upgraded nothing and used the level 1 suit only.

Can't wait for severed btw, Im glad they have it priced at 560 MS and not 800.

And you wonder why I call you a necromorph loving unitologist lunatic.

Cheats or no cheats BTW?

Agreed about severed.
No cheats, though I had to use the use the heavy damage PC twice(no upgrades) on the drag tentacles since after the 20th try I got dragged down yet again, I'm sure it was impossible to cut it with just a unupgraded PC. Note that I'm talking about the ones in the later levels, those in those ones they have more health and you get less chances to fire on them.

Severed releases so soon I can't wait! Very Happy
avatar
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Age : 22
Location : Spreading Holy convergence in the sprawl.
Registration date : 2009-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Vigil on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:08 am

Yeah, comes out tomorrow on PSN. Bit of confusion if it will be out on Live on the same day in all countries (Might be Wednesday for us in Europe).

I had a casual go through on Impossible and I got up to chapter 7. I'm using the cheats as after Hardcore, I'm not going to torture myself by making it harder to do. I got bored about then because going to Dead Space 1 after playing through DS2 three times really oversaturated my enjoyment of it, and DS1 feels a lot slower and clunky in comparison to 2.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Death no More on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:49 pm

Finished severed just a bit ago, I liked the ending and it was pretty good but alas as I had feared it was only around 1:30-2:00 hours for me on zealot. Short but good and well worth the price.
avatar
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Age : 22
Location : Spreading Holy convergence in the sprawl.
Registration date : 2009-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Ruski on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:08 am

Unitologists with superpowers.
avatar
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1217
Age : 23
Location : Canton, Ohio
Registration date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Vigil on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:34 am

Yeah I found that bit near the end where he mind crushes the security dude pretty odd.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Death no More on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:48 am

Unitologists with super powers:
That was just a kinesis module, the oracle just used it to choke the colonel so it's really not super powers but awesome technology.
avatar
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Age : 22
Location : Spreading Holy convergence in the sprawl.
Registration date : 2009-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Vigil on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:30 am

Death no More wrote:
Unitologists with super powers:
That was just a kinesis module, the oracle just used it to choke the colonel so it's really not super powers but awesome technology.

To your spoiler:
It was pretty fucking silly, and if Kinesis was that fucking sensitive, you didn't Issac use it tochoke people and/or snap of limbs? I can understand it as a practical tool for moving cargo and debris without the use of expensive and heavy machinery, but as scientific force choke? No.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Ascendant Justice on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:48 am

Gots a question about the original DS2. That regenerator at the end, can you actually KILL him (or at least stop him for good)? Or is he just there to permanently make your life suck?
avatar
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2135
Age : 24
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Vigil on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:51 am

Ascendant Justice wrote:Gots a question about the original DS2. That regenerator at the end, can you actually KILL him (or at least stop him for good)? Or is he just there to permanently make your life suck?

You can kill him, but only right before the final boss fight, so it's kinda redundant.

In the final area he chases you with the doors you can close with the fuses, there is a large fan at the back of the second room. You can push him into it with the force gun, and that kills him.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Onyxknight on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:19 pm

Ascendant Justice wrote:Gots a question about the original DS2. That regenerator at the end, can you actually KILL him (or at least stop him for good)? Or is he just there to permanently make your life suck?
wait theres more of those fuckers?
avatar
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Age : 23
Location : wherever i want to be....maybe in your house o.O
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Divine Virus on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:20 pm

Spoiler Alert!

Razz
avatar
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 27
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Nocbl2 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:26 pm

EARMUFFS ONYX!
avatar
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4811
Age : 18
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by GreyApothecary on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:59 pm

well if you watch the movie they seem to have some sort of torture device that induces your worst fear so maybe those unitologists had a more advanced and compact version?
avatar
GreyApothecary
Minion

Male Number of posts : 201
Location : I Don't Know.....
Registration date : 2010-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Vigil on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:26 am

GreyApothecary wrote:well if you watch the movie they seem to have some sort of torture device that induces your worst fear so maybe those unitologists had a more advanced and compact version?

Or their from the Terran Empire in the mirror Universe of Star Trek.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by GreyApothecary on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:04 am

Vigil wrote:
GreyApothecary wrote:well if you watch the movie they seem to have some sort of torture device that induces your worst fear so maybe those unitologists had a more advanced and compact version?

Or their from the Terran Empire in the mirror Universe of Star Trek.
probably going to get trolled but i don't get this reference 0.o
avatar
GreyApothecary
Minion

Male Number of posts : 201
Location : I Don't Know.....
Registration date : 2010-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead space 2

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum