iron man 2

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

iron man 2

Post by squirrelboy on Sun May 09, 2010 5:58 pm

i cant believe this is yet to have ben posted

i saw it last night. Thought it was alright. anyway...
discuss
squirrelboy
Minion

Male Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: iron man 2

Post by KrAzY on Sun May 09, 2010 6:11 pm

it was okay... mediocre at best... solid 6.5/10... I wouldn't pay to see it a second time
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3953
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Sun May 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Haven't seen it yet, but I plan to.

People keep saying it's not as good as the first one, but in my experience, people's standards for movies are too high.
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4571
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Sun May 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Saw it. Was pretty good, gave it a 6.5-7/10.
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4811
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese on Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm

Not seen it. Of all the people I asked though most preferred 2.

So, 1 or 2?

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Sun May 09, 2010 6:20 pm

2 is fun to watch but gets really slow at some points... and if you actually analyze the plot it stops making any sense and is filled with more holes than a mole ridden field

the 1st one was much better and more fun to watch
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Sun May 09, 2010 6:29 pm

Eh it was alright, first one was far better.
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2077
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Sun May 09, 2010 6:45 pm

i saw no plot holes

only issue is the fact that the Marine drones didn't behave properly.

instead of chasing ironman they would have gone, gotten drunk, kicked doors in and fuck shit up until ironman came to them.
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Sun May 09, 2010 7:46 pm

The story wasn't that great, but the action scenes were pretty epic.

*SPOILER ALERT*
*SPOILER ALERT*
*SPOILER ALERT*
*SPOILER ALERT*
*SPOILER ALERT*
*SPOILER ALERT*

You have been warned!

HOW DID THAT GUY SNEAK IN FUCKING LIGHTSABERS TO FRANCE? WHAT THE FUCK?

Also, Iron Man can now apparently be impenetrable to FUCKING CANNONS (the Navy ones didn't fire once in the entire final fight scene, btw), but can still rip through BETTER REPLICAS of his own suit? And if the crazy Romanoff
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4811
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Sun May 09, 2010 8:01 pm

navy ones did fire, they were the ones with the super inaccurate surface to air missiles

the way he created adamantium bugged the hell out of me though... he spent like 30 minutes working with garbage and created the strongest element in the marvel universe? bullshit
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Sun May 09, 2010 8:05 pm

with lasers duh

ntm he used the magical powers of captain americas shield to epic boost it.
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Sun May 09, 2010 8:31 pm

I don't think the shield propping up the tube really did much to "boost" the laser.

Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Sun May 09, 2010 8:34 pm

also the shield hasn't been created yet, as obviously he wouldn't have been discovering adamantium if Captain America was already running around with an adamantium shield
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Sun May 09, 2010 8:35 pm

KrAzY wrote:it was okay... mediocre at best... solid 6.5/10... I wouldn't pay to see it a second time

Yeah, I'd give it a 7, but I agree.

There were plot holes, how would Ivan know that Stark would randomly choose to drive his race car?

Last edited by Ringleader on Sun May 09, 2010 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Sun May 09, 2010 8:37 pm

Ringleader wrote:
KrAzY wrote:it was okay... mediocre at best... solid 6.5/10... I wouldn't pay to see it a second time

Yeah, I'd give it a 7, but I agree.

At least 7.5, the fight scenes were pretty good.
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2077
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Sun May 09, 2010 8:52 pm

I'm sure Bungie would much rather have the seventh element.

Fuck Nigtrogen.

Edit: Whoa, the fuck? How did this happen.
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sun May 09, 2010 9:56 pm

KrAzY wrote:2 is fun to watch but gets really slow at some points... and if you actually analyze the plot it stops making any sense and is filled with more holes than a mole ridden field

the 1st one was much better and more fun to watch
Low points:
Seeing a drunken Tony Stark think he can dance.
""........................................."" that peeing in his suit is funnier than anything Rodney Dangerfield ever did.
""........................................."" that Iron Chicks are what a party needs to get started.
A villain (Not the main guy, but Hammer) that is even dumber than Obediah was.

High points:
Fight scenes.
Snappy dialogue.

In addition, these are the things that I learned from this movie, and plan to implement in the event that I am the Big Bad in Iron Man #4.

• When I show up for a senate hearing, I will make sure that I've got a presentation prepared by the best speechwriters in the country, so I don't look like a complete moron in my first thirty seconds of screen time. And I'll know how to point out the difference between a prosthetic and a weapon of mass destruction.
  • I will also have an EMP gun pointed at Tony, to cut short whatever little gadget he's going to pull out to make himself look like Mr. Cool. And I'll have thugs waiting out the door to jump him and retrieve that little phone gadget. Suck it, Apple!
  • When it comes to the suit prototypes, by the way, I will recall that there is no reason, whatsoever, for the torso to be able to pivot 180 degrees from true. That is not a feature that the driver needs or desires, and that's not a feature that will make it to beta testing.
  • About my R&D: I'm in the arms business. If my weapons suck, I will figure out why instead of trying to bring down my rival by other means. If the manufacturing is shoddy, I will fire the workers, pack up, and move everything nach Deutschland. If my engineers are incompetent, I will hire new engineers fresh out of MIT, CalTech, and the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning.
  • The new engineers will be paid out of pocket so their consciences are clean, but the old engineering team will be harvested for the organ market. $100,000 dollars a kidney, baby!
  • I will not try to impress a Russian by masturbating my ego, greeting him like an old frat buddy in a blindingly clean aircraft hangar (Which has obviously never been used before) with a decadent Gulf-V behind me, a retinue of butlers to bring in wine, rare fish and organic ice cream for me. I'm quite sure he won't be impressed, and I'll come across as a rich jerkoff.
  • In addition, I'm quite sure he'd prefer a decent porterhouse steak and good Vodka to the fish.
  • I will also never eat organic ice cream. I know exactly what goes into organic foods.
  • I will make sure I know what motivates the Evil Genius. If he wants revenge against Tony Stark or some other superhero, I will agree to give him whatever the Hell he needs to build his army of Doom, provided he leaves behind detailed schematics of whatever Doomdrones or Splazers he's building. If he wants money, I will point out that stock options and joint ownership of patents will get him rich faster than knocking off banks.
  • I'll also point out that stock options don't result in getting your face kicked in by a web-slinging wiseass.
  • If the Evil Genius displays an ability to hack the administrative network that governs the weapons program I had, I will keep in mind that a little control is a good thing, and have a new computer security system built by the best computer business that isn't named "Cyberdyne".
  • I won't cut corners. If he wants his bird, I'll be thankful that he isn't asking for ten virgins a week or a million dollars an hour, and get him his #$%@ing bird.
  • There will be a long interview, where I spell out what I need, find out what he can give me, and plan out how I can sell it to the military. If he's going to work for me, we'd better be on the same page.
  • I also won't rant about being given drones when when I wanted suits. That's a hell of a lot more than I had a week ago!
  • My drones will be outfitted with superior AI. This means that, instead of chasing after Stark and fighting on his ground, they will massacre civilians and force him to come to them.
  • As a corollary to the previous, if the drones take more than .002 seconds to identify the difference between a toddler wearing an Iron Man mask and the real guy, the programmer had better learn how to live on one kidney and half a liver.
  • I will also remember that a supersonic superhero can outrace a hypersonic missile and dodge Star Wars lasers. Keeping that in mind, my drones won't be outfitted with AAA, but lasers. Real lasers that are invisible in open air and cut steel apart like a buzz saw through soft cheddar cheese, none of this glowing red or slower-than-a-speeding-bullet crap.
  • In addition, they will not fly through parking garages and wireframe models of the world. They will fly around and shoot explosives inwards, and let Stark dodge the concrete hunks and flying cars.
  • Standard operating procedure for the drones will be to saturate the area the heroes are standing in with high explosives and EMP rounds, before landing in waves.
  • They will land in an arc where the heroes will be caught in the cross-fire, not a ring around the heroes. The latter action grants heroes a +15 bonus to their dodge check. And results in destroyed drones.
  • The one feature that won't be jettisoned is the drones' strange incapability of running out of ammo. I'm not sure how it works, but I recognize a useful design accident when I see it.
  • The drones will make the engagement short and sweet, and break off if it lasts more than thirty seconds. Any longer just makes the heroes that much more likely to pull out the Great Big Kaboom that finishes of the army of Doom.
  • The reactors on the drones won't beep and turn red before detonating. Instead, a recording of an Apple shutting down will play, and special filters over the glass will counteract any shift in hue.
  • Better yet, those reactors will be embedded in the center of the drone. Whatever's on the outside will be a cunning LED replica. Those things are probably bullet magnets anyway.
  • By the way, if my bunker-buster missiles fail to blow an iron suit apart, they won't fail because they can't penetrate an inch of hardened steel. They will fail because they penetrated an inch of hardened steel, various structural and hydraulic components, a human body, more hydraulic components, more armor, and twenty-five meters of open air before detonating.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Sun May 09, 2010 10:10 pm

Yeah, there's another plot hole, or the lack thereof in the case of that double bunker busting bullet thing, that could not possibly have penetrated anything going at the whopping 3 miles per hour it did.
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Sun May 09, 2010 11:56 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:f the Evil Genius displays an ability to hack the administrative network that governs the weapons program I had, I will keep in mind that a little control is a good thing, and have a new computer security system built by the best computer business that isn't named "Cyberdyne".
More to the point, I will not, for some odd reason, link the computer used in the detained Evil Genius's room to the one that controls the army of robots by any means. They're in completely different complexes and the systems should not be associated.

Plus... I'll be sure to have a lot more security than three tough guys when guarding the guy that almost managed to kill IRON MAN. Maybe a tank, some shackles, and a nice jail cell? Or at least a tightly secured (empty) room with no forms of weapons or electronics. Oh, and antagonizing him by taking away his things doesn't help much, either.

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon May 10, 2010 12:12 am

Not to mention the fact that this guy killed another prisoner, presumably as strong as him, in an unarmed fight.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Mon May 10, 2010 12:14 am

Hammer seemed pretty disconnected with how real life actually works, just by how his character acted I am not surprised he dealt with his "guest" in such a poorly thought out manner

still, a businessman such as him would have acted a little more cautiously when going against copywrite and patent laws by stealing tech directly from stark industry... even if it was on a military contract he could have been sued for millions, if not billions, of dollars...

also I don't understand how hammer thought stark showing up at a conference where he was unveiling a stolen ironman suit was trying to upstage him... if I were stark Hammer would have not only been jailed, but sued out the ass
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon May 10, 2010 12:21 am

The Iron Man movies are good, the villains just need to be smarter.
Obediah was good until he started throwing temper tantrums and doing the dirty work himself.

Hammer just never was a decent character. He's like... Prince Charming from Shrek 3. A complete moron we're supposed to laugh at, but not someone who ever posed a real threat.

Romonkov, however, was pretty awesome.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX on Mon May 10, 2010 4:32 am

so what if there are plot holes if you watching the film and are submerged in the humor and action then your not gonna think about the films plot holes and just find it entertaining

and if you deliberately watch a film to find its flaws (the fiirst time) then your wasting your money that you payed to be entertained (except twilight... you would of wasted your money anyway)

but anyway i found it very entertaining and overall is a rather good film

7/10 imo
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Mon May 10, 2010 8:46 pm

Where can I get one of those nifty ferris wheel things?

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Indecisive One. on Tue May 11, 2010 5:43 am

KrAzY wrote:also the shield hasn't been created yet, as obviously he wouldn't have been discovering adamantium if Captain America was already running around with an adamantium shield
God I'm gonna sound like a major nerd. Anyways... Captain america in the comics had a shield made of vibranium not admantium. The vibranium allowed him to take a huge hit then reflect some of the damage back to his enemies. Also the black panther's suit was made of vibranium available in his home country of wakanda.
Indecisive One.
Minion

Male Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2010-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top