First Synthetic Lifeform

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: First Synthetic Lifeform

Post by MrX on Fri May 21, 2010 4:10 pm

and thats the only evidence... just like they teach me in RE ;)
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Fri May 21, 2010 4:21 pm

PiEdude wrote:
The Pariah wrote:its playing god as the bible says he is the taker and giver of life

You're using the Bible as your only source, and looking no deeper into it than the words on the page.

Just as a Christian extremist would do.
And if i'm not wrong, God also gave us the power to give or take life.
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Fri May 21, 2010 4:48 pm

The Pariah wrote:and thats the only evidence... just like they teach me in RE ;)

What the hell is RE?
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4571
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrX on Fri May 21, 2010 4:54 pm

religious education
MrX
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3080
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese on Fri May 21, 2010 4:55 pm

Religious Education.

Easiest A at GCSE if I'm not mistaken.

Cheese
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2259
Registration date : 2009-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BBJynne on Fri May 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Just don't take anything bilco says seriously and lives will be saved.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Spartan on Fri May 21, 2010 6:54 pm

Why the hell do you all still take everything Bilco says seriously? He's just trying to be a fucking troll.

anyways, this should be used for the colonization of planets in the future. I'm more worried about the survival of humanity than the environment.
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405

View user profile http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Fri May 21, 2010 6:55 pm

kasrkin seath wrote:
Ringleader wrote:

taking every possible step to prevent overpopulation, from like, birth control to denying government donations to families that raise way to many children, it would be a better alternative to build a massive fleet of space transports to ferry millions upon millions of people to alien worlds?
Yes, it would be a better idea to ferry millions of people to alien worlds. How the hell are we supposed to colonize otherwise?

I think you are misinterpreting my point here. You seem to think colonization of other planets depends on the overpopulation of earth, like we only would only be able to ship off huge portions of the population?

You populate an alien planet by sending anywhere from like, 1500 - 2000 people off on a spaceship, not like, millions upon millions solely as a means of relieving a domestic overpopulation crisis. 300,000 babies are born every single day (net growth of 150,000 daily), so I don't think the momentous undertaking required to send a comparatively small amount of people off to an alien planet is a viable means of population control, especially when the closest planets will probably not be terraformed for hundreds of years from now when overpopulation will probably have already been solved by more practical means.
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Fri May 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Ringleader wrote:
kasrkin seath wrote:
Ringleader wrote:

taking every possible step to prevent overpopulation, from like, birth control to denying government donations to families that raise way to many children, it would be a better alternative to build a massive fleet of space transports to ferry millions upon millions of people to alien worlds?
Yes, it would be a better idea to ferry millions of people to alien worlds. How the hell are we supposed to colonize otherwise?

I think you are misinterpreting my point here. You seem to think colonization of other planets depends on the overpopulation of earth, like we only would only be able to ship off huge portions of the population?

You populate an alien planet by sending anywhere from like, 1500 - 2000 people off on a spaceship, not like, millions upon millions solely as a means of relieving a domestic overpopulation crisis. 300,000 babies are born every single day (net growth of 150,000 daily), so I don't think the momentous undertaking required to send a comparatively small amount of people off to an alien planet is a viable means of population control, especially when the closest planets will probably not be terraformed for hundreds of years from now when overpopulation will probably have already been solved by more practical means.

my main point is that we are gonna need alot of people and need to expand very quickly. The more numerous and spread out we are, the larger the safety net is in case anything really bad were to happen. Space is likely going to be very deadly and we are gonna need to be in a condition where the loss of thousands of people does not threaten our expansion.

Im not even factoring in current overpopulation. Realistically, with some improved tech and conditions we can still support alot more people on the planet.

[00:17:22] @ KrAzY : new law.
[00:17:28] @ KrAzY : the law can now be a person.
[00:17:28] @ XNate02 : The Law, can only be The Law.
[00:17:32] @ Gauz : I'd kick everyone....
[00:17:37] @ KrAzY : and that person is seath
[00:17:39] @ kasrkin seath : YES
------------------------------------------
[02:22:43] @ KrAzY : the reason we all come to TCF is because Seath is too Lord Pheonix damn sexy to stop.
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Fri May 21, 2010 10:13 pm

The Pariah wrote:this is beautiful news

( also a big fuck you to religion pretty much... i hope people dont riot D: )
I don't see how this hurts religion at all. As PiE said, "playing God" only really matters to the more radical believers. The way I see it, if God really didn't want us to create life he'd make it a big, obvious no-no... or just make it impossible. Your bible reference simply says that God is the giver and taker of life, but it doesn't mention humans anywhere. Nice try, though.

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top