Are Humans Forerunners?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are Humans Forerunners?

25% 25% 
[ 7 ]
75% 75% 
[ 21 ]
 
Total Votes : 28

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Gauz on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:51 pm

Ringleader wrote:
Arlight, I'm going to stop you right there, firstly, yes, what he said could be interpreted as Precoursers uplifting humans into Forerunners, because at THAT point in history, the two could have been the same. From that point the Forerunners could have stumbled across their old homeworld, and uplifted it's inhabitants much in the same way the Precoursers did to them.

And no, what he said was just more conjecture, and I'm not that desperate to disprove of it because there isn't much evidence going either way in regards to what the Precoursers did. It's not like he stated something Bungie physically put into their game's audio files. Because if Bungie did put something into their audio files, that'd be something...

Oh wait, no one has addressed that point yet, about Bungie physically putting a sound byte into Halo 3 saying 'Lineage Confirmed' when a human accessed a Forerunner terminal.
Lineage doesn't mean they're biologically related. I believe that 'Lineage Confirmed' means that humanity DID infact inherit the mantle.

Ring wrote:
Spark is also raving bat shit mad.
Oh, Ok, so when Spark ONLY mentions the relationship between Forerunners and Humans, he's a raving lunatic, but any other time then that, your following him around, and doing what he tells you without question...

aaaaand he tells you exactly what to do in order to activate Halo, without saying "Walk of this cliff, Reclaimer."

Yeah, Spark made it clear that Forerunners and Humans shared history in the first Halo, back when the average gamer could understand parameters of a video game mystery. Spark said "Oh, I will enjoy every moment of it's categorization!, How I look forward to seeing our lost history!" Or something to that effect, the most important thing is that he says: "Our lost history!" He must be referring to the long lost grunt history.

Yeah, I find it odd, that he generally makes sense, and is almost completely fine... UNTIL HE MENTIONS FORERUNNERS AND HUMANS!!!

Just because he tries to kill you, doesn't make him delusional... He had a purpose, and what Chief was doing risked A LOT, only to save himself and Cortana, and possibly captain Keyes (the entire galaxy). Chief had a mission, to kill all the aliens, he must be delusional because he had a reason to kill them. Spark must be wrong about humans and Forerunners... because he hums, and calls himself a genius. He must have made up that one little factoid only and it must be wrong because...

Well who knows why that one thing is wrong amidst everything else he says?
It's possible he's reffering to the 'lost history' of the Reclaimers, and not just the Forerunners.

avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by KrAzY on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:51 pm

Linage Confirmed =/= Forerunner confirmation


it is more likely confirming the Linage of a Reclaimer, who'se presence is more important on the arc and halo rings
avatar
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3953
Age : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by CivBase on Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:28 pm

Ring. I agree that Vigil's picture was unnecessary. However, your responses bring only one picture to mind.



You are the little chiuaua, hopelessly barking at the face of indifference.

This is not an attack on you. I'd We'd just like you to please stop insulting people. I know I'm guilty of it too, but you seem to do it with almost every word you say. Calling people stupid with each comeback does not make you look smarter, it makes you look like a jerk. That's why we banned NT; it gets old.

Debating isn't about convincing everyone to subscribe to your idea. It's about presenting your idea, listening to all sides, and using them to refine or reform your own opinions. It's about evolving your idea until it is perfect. Your opponent isn't an enemy, so don't treat him like one.

_________________
avatar
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Vigil on Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:43 pm

if you want to debate... then come up with an actual debate, and not a one sided rant

I'm sorry ring, but that's what your doing, whether you realise it or not.

Well pardon me for not taking your thinking tendencies as ample evidence to suggest the Forerunners are not humans...

I never said they were.

Not really, if Bungie came out and said that Humans and Forerunners are not related, then I would agree. You seem to think my opinion is immovable because I don't consider your hunches as evidence to negate any relation between humans and Forerunners. I provide videos, of materials BUNGIE THEMSELF PUT IN GAME, in which when a human accesses a Forerunner terminal, the terminal says "Lineage Confirmed". You said you equate the mass effect extinction cycle with the Halo cycle, alright, I can dig that, just show me some proof? You seem to think that just because you say something is there, it is, without providing evidence.

I can see similarities, but I'm not going to start filling in the blanks when one universe doesn't elaborate on something another universe did.

I put up plenty of evidence to disprove your point, Origins I shows the Forerunners taking early humans to the ark to be saved. Iris shows early humans as the Portal is constructed from Africa. The librarian talks about her discovery of this species and how they are special, as well as the discussion on the importance of the mantle, and how it was passed on to humans.

Personal attacks? Wtf are you talking about? The incident involving NT? Because I don't recall this personal attack, unless a disagreement is now considered a personal attack.

So, you post that motivational poster about me having my head of my ass, and I'm guilty of personal attacks, and your the better man out of this...

Oh, and when you mentioned the librarian the first time, I RE-read all 7 archives to make EXTRA sure, this is why I felt comfortable enough to respond saying no, there is not irrefutable evidence suggesting no past relations between humans and Forerunners. Have you even looked into that video I provided? Probably not.

You were very condescending and rude during the last debate in the Reach thread.

''Oh, its curved and angular, and it's purple, IT MUST BE COVENANT! No actually, that's not all the prerequisites for Covenant vehicles/ships, they still require something a little more then bieng pink and curvy.''- Overly patronising

''Oh, it has a wraith mortar? thanks for telling me, because I clearly did not say this myself in the picture I showed. No, aside from bieng pink and curvy, it does not at all resemble previous vehicles/units, it's design is unbelievably sloppy and completely forgettable. Ahhh, fanboyism, how thee hast lowered expectations in all of Halonia.."- Patronising and condoscending, you treat me as if I'm stupid and I don't know what I'm saying.

I apologised and removed it because that was out of line, and wasn't fair. If I'm a 'better man' because of it, I leave that one up to you.

I did look at your video throughly, and it confrimed what I was saying, hence I was surprised when you still said it was proof of the exact opposite.

This manner?
*That image*

No, and I was out of line, and I apologised for it and removed it.

Still you've done something like that to me.



As for 'Lineage confirmed'. I don't think it means what you think it does. We share a evolutionary lineage with Apes, but we are not the same species. I think it was more an confrimation on being a reclaimer, which as I've already explained are not Forerunners

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Avenged on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:00 pm

You guys are really over thinking this

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Age : 23
Registration date : 2009-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:21 pm

Can I point something out about GS's monologue in Halo: CE?
"You can't imagine how exciting this is! To have a record of all of our lost time!
Human History, is it? Fascinating!
Oh, how I will enjoy every minute of it's categorization!

And to think that you would have destroyed this installation, as well as this record! I am shocked... almost too shocked for words."

I think GS is referring to himself, the time he and other monitors have spent on the Halo systems.
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Vigil on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:29 pm



The way he talks to Chief in the control room shows he's a little off his trolley. He hmmms and talks to himself.



7.00-10.44

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Divine Virus on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:45 pm

I get the same sensation of huge great backstory from listening to Guilty Spark talk as I do/did listening to Sovereign talk in ME1.

Love it. ^_^
avatar
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 27
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Rotaretilbo on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:42 am

Ringleader wrote:Oh, Ok, so when Spark ONLY mentions the relationship between Forerunners and Humans, he's a raving lunatic, but any other time then that, your following him around, and doing what he tells you without question...

You may not have noticed this, but Spark is raving mad through the entire game, and you don't really have a choice but do what he says. He constantly endagers your life needlessly, almost seemingly purposely. He constantly raves on about how you, personally, have already done this before, and how you, personally, talked to him before the last firing. The guy is fucking nuts. Period. Everything he says must be taken with a grain of salt.

Ringleader wrote:aaaaand he tells you exactly what to do in order to activate Halo, without saying "Walk of this cliff, Reclaimer."

"Just wait here by this door that conveniently won't open, while I go off and watch some porn. You should be fine, I mean, this place is just completely overrun by the Flood. I could deploy some Sentinels to help, but...that would just ruin the fun, now, wouldn't it?"

Ringleader wrote:Yeah, Spark made it clear that Forerunners and Humans shared history in the first Halo, back when the average gamer could understand parameters of a video game mystery. Spark said "Oh, I will enjoy every moment of it's categorization!, How I look forward to seeing our lost history!" Or something to that effect, the most important thing is that he says: "Our lost history!" He must be referring to the long lost grunt history.

Our lost time, Ring. There is no indication that this is Forerunner history, just that it is history that he has not been able to keep track of.

Ringleader wrote:Yeah, I find it odd, that he generally makes sense, and is almost completely fine... UNTIL HE MENTIONS FORERUNNERS AND HUMANS!!!

You should probably go back and play through The Library again.

Ringleader wrote:Just because he tries to kill you, doesn't make him delusional...

No, but thinking that you personally were present last time the rings were fired and that you had asked him questions without having ever met him or even existed does make him delusional.

Ringleader wrote:He had a purpose, and what Chief was doing risked A LOT, only to save himself and Cortana, and possibly captain Keyes (the entire galaxy). Chief had a mission, to kill all the aliens, he must be delusional because he had a reason to kill them. Spark must be wrong about humans and Forerunners... because he hums, and calls himself a genius. He must have made up that one little factoid only and it must be wrong because...

Well who knows why that one thing is wrong amidst everything else he says?

You know, sarcasm generally works best when there is actually some truth to what you're saying. When you're basing your entire argument on the exact wording of a quote that you didn't even get right, you don't have the right to be this sarcastic. You just look like a complete douche.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Avenged on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:54 am

I know where you are coming from saying that you can't take anything spark says seriously but that is a stretch and my only question is if the humans are not the forerunners then why is the ark on earth and why can humans only activate the ring.

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Age : 23
Registration date : 2009-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by KrAzY on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:14 am

the arc isn't on earth... a portal to the arc is on earth... of which there are supposedly a bunch of

humans are the reclaimers. it is their job to have to make the painful decision that the forerunners had to make 100,000 years ago.... humanity as a whole was likely pretty.... dumb at the time... but the forerunners probably had taken some of every species that they found and tried to teach those select few members and test their cognitive functions.

they were probably testing the species to find which one would not be afraid to activate the Halo Array... but at the same time would only think about activating the array if things got out of hand if the flood returned.


remember... the flood were an extragalactic species... destruction of them in this galaxy did not mean that they wouldn't come back... and the forerunners knew that.... although the re-emergance of the flood is their fault too... for having kept them in stasis on the Halo array



logically, humans can not be forerunner
avatar
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3953
Age : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Ringleader on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:40 am

Ringleader wrote:Oh, Ok, so when Spark ONLY mentions the relationship between Forerunners and Humans, he's a raving lunatic, but any other time then that, your following him around, and doing what he tells you without question...

You may not have noticed this, but Spark is raving mad through the entire game, and you don't really have a choice but do what he says. He constantly endagers your life needlessly, almost seemingly purposely. He constantly raves on about how you, personally, have already done this before, and how you, personally, talked to him before the last firing. The guy is fucking nuts. Period. Everything he says must be taken with a grain of salt.
You mean that one instance when Spark asked Chief if he'd have done it? Yeah, that was one instance.


Ringleader wrote:aaaaand he tells you exactly what to do in order to activate Halo, without saying "Walk of this cliff, Reclaimer."
"Just wait here by this door that conveniently won't open, while I go off and watch some porn. You should be fine, I mean, this place is just completely overrun by the Flood. I could deploy some Sentinels to help, but...that would just ruin the fun, now, wouldn't it?"
What's he going to do? He's just a floating ball, and he did deploy sentinels.

Seriously, his constant presence would not have been useful when fighting the flood. His eye beam was just something they threw in at the end to have a boss battle.


Ringleader wrote:Yeah, Spark made it clear that Forerunners and Humans shared history in the first Halo, back when the average gamer could understand parameters of a video game mystery. Spark said "Oh, I will enjoy every moment of it's categorization!, How I look forward to seeing our lost history!" Or something to that effect, the most important thing is that he says: "Our lost history!" He must be referring to the long lost grunt history.

Our lost time, Ring. There is no indication that this is Forerunner history, just that it is history that he has not been able to keep track of.
Uhm, if you say so, but that's your opinion, but really, what he said could mean multiple things. I think it meant this, you think it meant that. Within the context of the situation, I'm willing to wager he was referring to the lost history between the Forerunner extinction and the humans discovering the Halo ring, because he was digging around in the historical files at the time he said it.


Ringleader wrote:Yeah, I find it odd, that he generally makes sense, and is almost completely fine... UNTIL HE MENTIONS FORERUNNERS AND HUMANS!!!
You should probably go back and play through The Library again.
Uh, I did like 5 days ago, what exactly in the Library doesn't make sense? Every time he left he said he had something to do, some repairs to make or whatever.

Seriously, what in the Library did not make sense?

Spark occasionally hummed to himself, and called himself a genius...

When he occasionally left (because his presence was o-so important when battling the flood), he often times left sentinels and told you he had some repair to make or door to open. I can understand he's a little off his top, but in no way is he a raving lunatic.


Ringleader wrote:He had a purpose, and what Chief was doing risked A LOT, only to save himself and Cortana, and possibly captain Keyes (the entire galaxy). Chief had a mission, to kill all the aliens, he must be delusional because he had a reason to kill them. Spark must be wrong about humans and Forerunners... because he hums, and calls himself a genius. He must have made up that one little factoid only and it must be wrong because...

Well who knows why that one thing is wrong amidst everything else he says?

You know, sarcasm generally works best when there is actually some truth to what you're saying. When you're basing your entire argument on the exact wording of a quote that you didn't even get right, you don't have the right to be this sarcastic. You just look like a complete douche.
There mustn't be truth because you yourself had not suggested it I assume.

TRUTH RL, THE TRUTH!!!

YOU ARE BLIND TO IT BECAUSE YOU DONT F*#$^%ING AGREE WITH ME!!!

The exact wording of a quote? Tell me Rot, why CANT it be the exact wording? I mean, your acting like it CANNOT only because it doesn't support your opinion when what Spark said can be taken multiple ways. For instance, Rasq thinks it meant the time he and other monitors spent on Halo systems. I think it means the lost time between the Foreruner firing off the Halo and the humans landing on the Halo. Why is this such a big deal? Your saying that the words cannot at ALL be interpreted in a certain way, but it must be taken in an entirely speculative direction. You say that the lost time is the time Spark has not been able to keep track of, but I don't see any evidence that Spark has no ability to keep track of time.

Jeez, I'm attacked for completely dismissing entire arguments, but look at you! Have I not addressed every point brought up? Wasn't that a major deal in this thread? I have addressed all points, but because I haven't agreed, with them, then I guess I haven't addressed them.
avatar
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Ringleader on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:41 pm

the arc isn't on earth... a portal to the arc is on earth... of which there are supposedly a bunch of

humans are the reclaimers. it is their job to have to make the painful decision that the forerunners had to make 100,000 years ago.... humanity as a whole was likely pretty.... dumb at the time... but the forerunners probably had taken some of every species that they found and tried to teach those select few members and test their cognitive functions.

they were probably testing the species to find which one would not be afraid to activate the Halo Array... but at the same time would only think about activating the array if things got out of hand if the flood returned.


remember... the flood were an extragalactic species... destruction of them in this galaxy did not mean that they wouldn't come back... and the forerunners knew that.... although the re-emergance of the flood is their fault too... for having kept them in stasis on the Halo array

I'm not sure how this^ leads to this:


logically, humans can not be forerunner

It's already been suggested that Precoursers had advanced a group of humans, and that the advanced humans stumbled upon the old world humans, and chose them over whatever other aliens would need to get the job done because maybe they had more in common with old world humans then the other aliens, and their technology catered to them more so.

Also, if they invested so much in preserving galactic biodiversity, they probably would have preserved them self in some way if not in the same way they preserved the other sentient species. So where are they? Well, if they turned out to be humans or if they had developed from the same family tree, then they would have preserved them self by preserving human beings in a way.

Instead of completely vanishing while they saved thousands of different species from other planets.
avatar
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Ruski on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:27 pm

Humans are not forerunners. This is clearly logical.
avatar
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1217
Age : 22
Location : Canton, Ohio
Registration date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Ringleader on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:35 pm

Well I'm glad you elaborated your opinion so thoroughly Ruski. Even going so far as to cite evidence in your support.

I'm being sarcastic because you guys get prissy whenever I say something, I guess my arguments have no support at all (even though they do), and you think I just state things as they are without presenting any evidence. I implore you to actually examine these posts, and consider their length and how often I make absolute judgments like Ruski just did.


Last edited by Ringleader on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Ruski on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:59 pm

Ringleader wrote:Well I'm glad you elaborated your opinion so thoroughly Ruski. Even going so far as to cite evidence in your support.

Shut the sarcasm. It doesn't help anyone.

Anyways, Humans are not Forerunners do to the fact that the Forerunners stumbled upon us and decided we were worth protecting and saving.

"With naval strategies failing, the Forerunners turned to their Halo project; securing other species into the Ark while readying the Halo array for firing. Upon this, two Forerunner units beyond the failing defense line, the Primary Pioneer Group and Advance Survey Team-Alpha, came across Earth at the edge of the Milky Way galaxy. The Librarian journeyed there in its quest for categorization, finding the human species and also creating a Portal on Earth that would lead to the Ark. The Forerunners saw a unique potential in the human species, creating a "Conservation Measure" for the protection of the human species, protecting them with the Ark." via Halopedia, accumulated from Halo 3's Terminals, general knowledge of the Forerunners, etc.
avatar
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1217
Age : 22
Location : Canton, Ohio
Registration date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Ringleader on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:06 pm

Anyways, Humans are not Forerunners do to the fact that the Forerunners stumbled upon us and decided we were worth protecting and saving.
I've already addressed this, like 14 times now, each time presenting my opinion as a likely possibility, not as an absolute fact.

"With naval strategies failing, the Forerunners turned to their Halo project; securing other species into the Ark while readying the Halo array for firing. Upon this, two Forerunner units beyond the failing defense line, the Primary Pioneer Group and Advance Survey Team-Alpha, came across Earth at the edge of the Milky Way galaxy. The Librarian journeyed there in its quest for categorization, finding the human species and also creating a Portal on Earth that would lead to the Ark. The Forerunners saw a unique potential in the human species, creating a "Conservation Measure" for the protection of the human species, protecting them with the Ark." via Halopedia, accumulated from Halo 3's Terminals, general knowledge of the Forerunners, etc.
Halopedia says they aren't, it also says they are, again illustrating why Halopedia is not a 100% accurate source of information. So they applied this conservation measure to every other sentient species they were able to, except themselves, unless they are humans (or a human derivative) and they did, and much of what GS said can be taken literally, and that the lineage actually has been confirmed when a human accessed a Forerunner terminal. A higher possibility then alternate theories why the terminal said lineage confirmed and what Spark said.
avatar
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:15 pm

There is reasonable doubt that Humans are Forerunners, thus I am holding with the belief that they are not until substantial and unquestionable evidence is presented for the case that they are.

_________________
I AM THE LAW

[00:17:22] @ KrAzY : new law.
[00:17:28] @ KrAzY : the law can now be a person.
[00:17:28] @ XNate02 : The Law, can only be The Law.
[00:17:32] @ Gauz : I'd kick everyone....
[00:17:37] @ KrAzY : and that person is seath
[00:17:39] @ kasrkin seath : YES
------------------------------------------
[02:22:43] @ KrAzY : the reason we all come to TCF is because Seath is too Lord Pheonix damn sexy to stop.
avatar
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Location : Michigan
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Ringleader on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:19 pm

I can respect your opinion Seath, as I can understand your necessity for unquestionable evidence. Also that you didn't call me a douche or imply that I'm an idiot in the process of presenting it.
avatar
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Gauz on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:40 pm

The anomalous world is in a perilous location beyond the line.
{//} (THE SECRETS IT HOLDS MUST BE PRESERVED)
{//} (PLANS WITHIN PLANS WITHIN PLANS)
The inhabitants; these unique denizens, must be researched.
They may hold answers to our own mysteries.
{//} (WHAT IRONY THAT WE DISCOVERED THIS TREASURE, ONLY AT THE END OF THINGS.)
{//} (BUT WHAT FORTUNE THAT WE STILL HAD TIME TO SAVE THEM)
The thing we built on that world will vouchsafe their lives,
{//} (BUT PERHAPS ONE DAY IT WILL MAY BE USED FOR ITS INTENDED PURPOSE NOT)
If the plan succeeds, and they are saved, it will be a good world.
If the plan fails,
{//} (AND THE ADVERSARY SUCCEEDS)
it will remain an enigma forever
{//} (WITH NO-ONE LEFT TO RECLAIM IT)
This is an excerpt from the Iris campaign about the forerunner. This is from episode 5.
It is clear that they are talking about earth in the first few lines (they being forerunners). It says they need to 'research' the inhabitants. If they were forerunner, why would they need to research them?
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Ringleader on Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:24 pm

Just because they are physically related doesn't mean there is no need to research them.
avatar
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Angatar on Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:01 pm

So the Forerunners split into two groups, the advanced and not advanced, and the not advanced somehow built a starship capable of flying across the galaxy, and then went back to using rocks. Also, neither side has any memory of each other?

That sums up what your saying.

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 22
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by tiny tim on Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:43 pm

I remember me making a thread about this back on the HWF, but sadly I have forgotten all of my arguments from that.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Rotaretilbo on Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Ringleader wrote:You mean that one instance when Spark asked Chief if he'd have done it? Yeah, that was one instance.

No, I mean the basis of any dialog between Guilty Spark and John prior to Cortana stealing the Index. The entire time, Guilty Spark treats you as if he personally knows you. That was just one instance that exemplifies many.

Ringleader wrote:What's he going to do? He's just a floating ball

Well, for one, he is supposed to have kept the ring in proper conditions. The fact that practically every door you encounter happens to be broken, but is fixable, is rather strange.

Ringleader wrote:and he did deploy sentinels.

He deploys Sentinels once, near the end, if I recall correctly.

Ringleader wrote:Seriously, his constant presence would not have been useful when fighting the flood. His eye beam was just something they threw in at the end to have a boss battle.

His eye beam was a logical step from the Sentinels. At the very least, he was fucking practically indestructible, and could have at least drawn some fire for you. Or, you know, fixed the problems in a timely manner, rather than just after the Flood stopped attacking each time.

Ringleader wrote:Uhm, if you say so, but that's your opinion, but really, what he said could mean multiple things. I think it meant this, you think it meant that. Within the context of the situation, I'm willing to wager he was referring to the lost history between the Forerunner extinction and the humans discovering the Halo ring, because he was digging around in the historical files at the time he said it.

And you're entitled to your opinion. However, presenting your opinion as absolute fact by changing the quote on which your entire argument is based is unacceptable.

Ringleader wrote:Uh, I did like 5 days ago, what exactly in the Library doesn't make sense? Every time he left he said he had something to do, some repairs to make or whatever.

Seriously, what in the Library did not make sense?

Spark occasionally hummed to himself, and called himself a genius...

When he occasionally left (because his presence was o-so important when battling the flood), he often times left sentinels and told you he had some repair to make or door to open. I can understand he's a little off his top, but in no way is he a raving lunatic.

I would say that humming and talking to one's self light heartedly during a scenario that could very well result in killing all life in the universe would count as raving mad. Further, during the Two Betrayals opening cut scene, he repeatedly refers to you as if you had prior knowledge of the rings. He is completely baffled that you don't, and reveals that he believed and still believes you to be someone else.

Ringleader wrote:There mustn't be truth because you yourself had not suggested it I assume.

TRUTH RL, THE TRUTH!!!

YOU ARE BLIND TO IT BECAUSE YOU DONT F*#$^%ING AGREE WITH ME!!!

...what the hell are you talking about?

Ringleader wrote:The exact wording of a quote? Tell me Rot, why CANT it be the exact wording? I mean, your acting like it CANNOT only because it doesn't support your opinion when what Spark said can be taken multiple ways. For instance, Rasq thinks it meant the time he and other monitors spent on Halo systems. I think it means the lost time between the Foreruner firing off the Halo and the humans landing on the Halo. Why is this such a big deal? Your saying that the words cannot at ALL be interpreted in a certain way, but it must be taken in an entirely speculative direction. You say that the lost time is the time Spark has not been able to keep track of, but I don't see any evidence that Spark has no ability to keep track of time.

No, Ring. You misunderstand. You are basing your opinion on a quote that you didn't word correctly. He says lost time, not lost history. You based your argument on the fact that it was "lost history," thus indicating shared history between the humans and Forerunner. But it isn't lost history. It is lost time, which does not necessarily indicate that. I am not saying that this particular quote proves my theory, I am simply saying that it doesn't mean bat shit to either of us. On the other hand, you are not only insisting that your interpretation of the quote (which was incorrectly worded when you interpreted it) is not only the only possible interpretation, but that we're all stupid for not coming to the same conclusion, as indicated by your massive sarcasm.

Ringleader wrote:Jeez, I'm attacked for completely dismissing entire arguments, but look at you! Have I not addressed every point brought up? Wasn't that a major deal in this thread? I have addressed all points, but because I haven't agreed, with them, then I guess I haven't addressed them.

No, you haven't. Thus far, I haven't seen you address anything to do with the Halo 3 Terminals in which the Librarian specifically notes the Humans as this strange new race that they have never encountered before. The closest you came to addressing it, if I recall, was copy pastaing some random Terminal thing and saying you didn't see what we were talking about.

Terminal Four wrote:L: I've remotely destroyed our Keyships. A security measure. Without them I cannot reach the Ark. But neither then can the thing.

I'm trapped. On a beautiful, empty world. Its inhabitants have been safely indexed, every single one of them. They're special - well worth the effort it took to build one final gateway, even at this late hour.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Avenged on Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:30 pm

The thing is this entire debate is a matter of preference because there are points to support either side if the argument but no way to definitively prove one or another because of the contradictions in Halo 3 alone so technically neither of you wrong

Avenged
Minion

Male Number of posts : 983
Age : 23
Registration date : 2009-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Are Humans Forerunners?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum