It Get's Better Project

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Rotaretilbo on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Gauz wrote:A majority of gays are accepted? Says who?

Real life. Where I went to school, I can't think of any gays who got bullied. In fact, the "cool" thing to do was to be gay, or at least support gays. That's what all the popular girls did. Wore fucking signs on the Day of Silence and everything.

Gauz wrote:So you wont support the cause because you think that most of the ones that DO support it annoy you? Nice.

No, he doesn't support it because most of the people who are pushing for it are just attention whores, and he refuses to give them attention.

Gauz wrote:No, they actually are bullied, a lot, that's why this started in the first place.

Just like how racism is so prevalent in the work place that we need Affirmative Action to balance it out? All catering to minority groups who cry "oppression" when there really isn't a great deal of it is breed resentment. I am probably more likely to bully LGBT because the Day of Silence pisses me off, because it draws attention to a specific group who is not heavily bullied at my school and basically shits on all the other groups who actually are bullied who don't get any attention at all.

Gauz wrote:I think it should be... considering we dont give those people all the rights they SHOULD have.

Last time I checked, Gauz, high school students of all sexual preferences don't have the right to marry. So you can go fuck yourself.

Gauz wrote:So because YOU didn't have any awareness day or support you wont show support for anyone else that may or may not need it?

Effectively, yes. Because huge portions of people who are bullied are being shoved off to the side to raise even more awareness for LGBT bullying, even though they already get classes about tolerance and their own day of awareness, we will not stand for further attention to the LGBT group. They don't deserve any more attention than any other group that is bullied, and yet, the shy, quiet guy has been bullied for decades, nay, centuries, and the LGBT community crops up for a handful of decades and they suddenly get all sorts of preferential treatment?

Gauz wrote:Nerds, Goths, Emo's and geeks can all get married.

So what? This isn't about gay rights. This is about high school bullying. Nerds, goths, emos, and geeks can't get married any more than gays, because they're in FUCKING HIGH SCHOOL.

Gauz wrote:FYI: There is a world outside all your schools and communities!

Oh? You'd think that if a majority of schools featured LGBT bullying, then that statistic would be at least somewhat represented here. Does anyone know of any instances of LGBT bullying? Because so far, it's been a big, resounding no.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Nocbl2 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:20 pm

Gauz wrote:FYI: There is a world outside all your schools and communities!
If all the people on this site come from all over the world, you'd think we'd have a pretty good sample group.
avatar
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4811
Age : 18
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by KrAzY on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:28 pm

in my school Gays were basically the ONLY group of people who were not bullied at all... because they were the ONLY group that the school would punish the bullying of.


your sexual preference does not mean you have to dress flamboyantly, talk with the "gay voice" and wear the opposite sex's clothes... those are all personal choices that a person is making to gain attention or to differentiate themselfs... it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the fact if they are gay or not.... I have friends who are gay who are perfectly normal, they just prefer the opposite sex.

if you go out of your way to be different, and are bullied because of it... that is your own damn fault, and it has nothing to do with your sexual preference.

as a smart nerd, (head of robotics club, 5 foot 10, scrawny, thin, glasses) I got picked on... I didn't do anything that would exemplify that, like wearing T-shirts saying "Gary Gygax is my Homeboy" or something like that. I still got picked on... know that the teachers did? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING... It didn't stop until I graduated.

Point being, the main focus of any campaign against teen suicide should be focusing on Teen Suicide as a whole. Not focusing on any particular group. Focusing on "discrimination" only breeds resentment and makes people start to discriminate.


and Gauz... its not like any of us here are against Gays... we just don't think they deserve special treatment... if they are going to address a problem, they should address it as a whole.
avatar
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3952
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by GreyApothecary on Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:34 am

Dud Doodoo wrote:
Gauz wrote:
Vigil wrote:I personally wouldn't support this.
We're off to a good start.
I think you read that wrong.
could be sarcasm.... I could be wrong tho or you could be being sarcastic as well...

KrAzY wrote:they just prefer the opposite sex.
don't you mean they prefer the same sex...
avatar
GreyApothecary
Minion

Male Number of posts : 201
Location : I Don't Know.....
Registration date : 2010-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Vigil on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:22 am

Gauz wrote
We're off to a good start.

Because the best way to get people to change their mind and support your argument is thinnly veiled sarcasm.

Gauz wrote
So because YOU didn't have any awareness day or support you wont show support for anyone else that may or may not need it?

No, I was trying to make a point. I had to work my ass off to get them to address the problem and even then I was plagued by it until I left High school. I just find it unfair that there are hundreds of kids like I was who's cases of bullying are overlooked because they weren't homosexual. I know its tough when anybody is bullied, I just think if you want to tackle the problem, you should tackle it as a whole, not just a single group within it.

Gauz wrote
Nerds, Goths, Emo's and geeks can all get married.

In Britian so can homosexuals, and even if they didn't, this has nothing to do with gay rights. Bullies pick on people who are different from them, they don't give a shit if your gay or not. If your not in the accepted 'cool' crowd your a potential target. Being gay does not make you special in their eyes.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 27
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Gauz on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:38 pm

Filling in a few blanks isn't that hard. Showing support for something with a good cause isn't a bad thing to do. Just because you dont like that they're getting some form of "special attention" doens't mean you shouldn't support them. Nobody win's that way.

Dud Doodoo wrote:
Gauz wrote:A majority of gays are accepted? Says who?

From observations I have personally made at school, I do. After reading the responses in this thread, I'm not the only one either. TCF represents very wide range of separate locations in the US and otherwise. If this was an isolated community that drew its members from a rather homogeneous population, the validity of these claims could easily be questioned. This is not the case.
Regardless of the Homosexuals that aren't bullied at any of the highschools of the people here on TCF, I think it'd be nice to show support to the ones that are bullied else where in the world.

Dud Doodoo wrote:[And here you must rely on misrepresentation as the only means to support your position. This has been taken out of context. I never said that it annoyed me, nor that this was the reason I don't support your "cause". I was speaking of how this whole campaign is at its core, an attention act put forth by those who are NOT being bullied into suicide. If it wasn't an attempt to victimize themselves, then why the hell would they gear it towards a specific fraction of all teenagers who take their lives?
Oh. You mean that the people who DID start it aren't the ones who are being bullied? And because of that they are trying to garner attention? I dont disagree with that totally, because I know that it was made by non-bullied people (probably). I dont really believe the people who made it are doing it for attention... I actually think that they're trying to help a little.

Dud Doodoo wrote:[Some are, but most aren't. And no, this started because of an attention craving. If it wasn't, it would be focused on solving teen suicide as a whole, not just teen suicide among gays. Does being gay instantly elevate you to a higher importance than the majority of other teenagers who kill themselves because of bullying?
No, but with the recent trend of suicide among homosexuals, and perhaps the fact that there is a higher rate of suicide in homosexuals than in heterosexuals, the campagin does make sense to me.

Dud Doodoo wrote:[Bullshit. They have all the rights in the fucking world, and are catered to far more than the average person because this generation is overly sensitive to discrimination, to the point where we have passed into positive discrimination. This is just as bad. Why should someone be considered special because they go out of their way to draw attention to themselves?
They dont have all the rights they should have. A lot of gay people can't get married in their home states in the US. Not to mention that they can't join the military if they are openly gay.

Dud wrote:
Gauz wrote:
Vigil wrote:I personally wouldn't support this.
We're off to a good start.
I think you read that wrong.
Nah, that was me making a lame joke.

Vigil wrote:I was bullied for quite a lot of my school life, mainly because I was shy quiet, and clever. I had to fight my Primary school tooth and nail because they wouldn't accept that my bulling was real and they should do something to resolve it. I basically had to show it to the Headmaster DIRECTLY TO HIS FUCKING FACE for him to get off his ass about it.

Now where was my awareness day or rallies to defend me?
No, he's saying that there is no reason why we should ignore the majority of bully victims in favor of exlusively campaigning for a minority group. [/quote] It's not like we're all the sudden focusing all our attention on just trying to stop LGBT bullying. It's not even hard to support this, it takes almost no time or thought. It wont hurt anyone to just show a little support for this. Honestly, your spending more time arguing why you shouldn't support it than the time it would actually take to just do it.

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Gauz wrote:A majority of gays are accepted? Says who?

Real life. Where I went to school, I can't think of any gays who got bullied. In fact, the "cool" thing to do was to be gay, or at least support gays. That's what all the popular girls did. Wore fucking signs on the Day of Silence and everything.
People outside your highschool still are discriminated for being homosexual.

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Gauz wrote:So you wont support the cause because you think that most of the ones that DO support it annoy you? Nice.

No, he doesn't support it because most of the people who are pushing for it are just attention whores, and he refuses to give them attention.
You're being a little abrasive. It's not right to assume the people pushing it are attention whores. Maybe they actually do care about LGBT people and they're supporting it through making a campagin? Like they are?

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Gauz wrote:No, they actually are bullied, a lot, that's why this started in the first place.

Just like how racism is so prevalent in the work place that we need Affirmative Action to balance it out? All catering to minority groups who cry "oppression" when there really isn't a great deal of it is breed resentment. I am probably more likely to bully LGBT because the Day of Silence pisses me off, because it draws attention to a specific group who is not heavily bullied at my school and basically shits on all the other groups who actually are bullied who don't get any attention at all.
Please tell me what groups other than homosexuals are opressed. Maybe it's just my school but... there isn't much oppression against "nerds, geeks, emos". I'm probably going to get shit on for saying this but w/e, homosexuals dont chose to be homosexual. Nerds geeks and emos can choose to be something other than what they are. I think that itself justifies supporting LGBT.

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Last time I checked, Gauz, high school students of all sexual preferences don't have the right to marry. So you can go fuck yourself.
Someone's pissy. Anywho, yes, the campaign has focused on bullying mostly; however, the campagin isn't exclusively focused on LGBT bullying Tounge

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Effectively, yes. Because huge portions of people who are bullied are being shoved off to the side to raise even more awareness for LGBT bullying, even though they already get classes about tolerance and their own day of awareness, we will not stand for further attention to the LGBT group. They don't deserve any more attention than any other group that is bullied, and yet, the shy, quiet guy has been bullied for decades, nay, centuries, and the LGBT community crops up for a handful of decades and they suddenly get all sorts of preferential treatment?
When the group being bully can't change themselves in order to not be bullied, I do belive that makes them a little more deserving.

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Gauz wrote:Nerds, Goths, Emo's and geeks can all get married.

So what? This isn't about gay rights.
Yes it is.

Gauz wrote:FYI: There is a world outside all your schools and communities!

Oh? You'd think that if a majority of schools featured LGBT bullying, then that statistic would be at least somewhat represented here. Does anyone know of any instances of LGBT bullying? Because so far, it's been a big, resounding no.[/quote] Yes. I have seen and experienced it.

KrAzY wrote:in my school Gays were basically the ONLY group of people who were not bullied at all... because they were the ONLY group that the school would punish the bullying of.
Well that's both unfortunate and fortunate. Nice that they are protected, too bad that the school doesn't offer the same protection for all victims of bullying.


KrAzY wrote:your sexual preference does not mean you have to dress flamboyantly, talk with the "gay voice" and wear the opposite sex's clothes... those are all personal choices that a person is making to gain attention or to differentiate themselfs... it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the fact if they are gay or not.... I have friends who are gay who are perfectly normal, they just prefer the opposite sex.

if you go out of your way to be different, and are bullied because of it... that is your own damn fault, and it has nothing to do with your sexual preference.
People that act "normaly" and are homosexual are still bullied. Not just the flamboyant ones.

Vigil wrote:
Gauz wrote
We're off to a good start.

Because the best way to get people to change their mind and support your argument is thinnly veiled sarcasm.
I knew you'd jump on that.

Vigil wrote:No, I was trying to make a point. I had to work my ass off to get them to address the problem and even then I was plagued by it until I left High school. I just find it unfair that there are hundreds of kids like I was who's cases of bullying are overlooked because they weren't homosexual. I know its tough when anybody is bullied, I just think if you want to tackle the problem, you should tackle it as a whole, not just a single group within it.
I do not disagree at all. The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. But still, showing support for this is showing support for anti-bullying, just a part though.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Ringleader on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Kasrkin Seath wrote:Basically, if you are not the 'norm' you get bullied

Such is life.

I honestly don't see the big deal, some people are dealt a bad hand at birth. May I be so bold as to conjecture, that the proper thing to do may and to not give these people a false sense of reality by super-humanizing them? There's a part of the brain that controls prejudice, ironically, those born without it are viewed as impaired, maybe because prejudice plays an important part in day to day life? None of which more important then the prejudice we feel towards other people.

Also, animosity to those with fundamental differences isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's a part of evolution that we now view in a bad light, that's why we're no longer monkeys swinging around in the treetops.

At the end of the day, the barbarians living deep in the Amazon, the people that throw out what they view as defective babies in the river will outlast us, cruel yes, but they will dance and plant corn on our graves.
avatar
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Vigil on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:55 pm

Gauz wrote
I knew you'd jump on that.
Then you shouldn't of said it, you provoked a negative response.

Gauz wrote
I do not disagree at all. The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. But still, showing support for this is showing support for anti-bullying, just a part though.
True, but it sends out the wrong message for stopping the problem in my opinion. My fear is it would intensify it for other groups, with this better addressing of the problem in the homosexual community. One scapegoat is replaced with another.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 27
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:32 pm

are you guys really arguing about whether or not we should baby children through highschool?
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by KrAzY on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:36 pm

actually, most of us are arguing that we shouldn't
avatar
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3952
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:27 pm

good, but regardless, there are still people arguing for Babying everybody
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Nocbl2 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:40 pm

KristallNacht wrote:good, but regardless, there are still people arguing for Babying everybody
More like Gauz arguing for babying everyone.

Really, Gauz, these people aren't being bullied. If we have people from the Middle East to Cali, I think we'd know.
avatar
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4811
Age : 18
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Rotaretilbo on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:20 pm

Gauz wrote:Filling in a few blanks isn't that hard. Showing support for something with a good cause isn't a bad thing to do. Just because you dont like that they're getting some form of "special attention" doens't mean you shouldn't support them. Nobody win's that way.

But if we show support for this, we are sending the message that we should be shoving everyone else aside and giving special attention. Rather, if we oppose this on the notion that we shouldn't play favorites to a certain group, it might cause people to figure out that maybe LGBTs aren't the only people who get bullied.

Gauz wrote:Regardless of the Homosexuals that aren't bullied at any of the highschools of the people here on TCF, I think it'd be nice to show support to the ones that are bullied else where in the world.

Why do they need our support? They've already got the support of the various staffs, the raging liberals like you who think that because they don't have the right to get married as adults, they should get special attention, and they even have their own day of awareness. Next thing you know, they'll want reparations for being bullied, too! We're not saying that there should be no awareness at all, but the LGBT community already has a shit ton of bully awareness as is, and doesn't need more.

Gauz wrote:Oh. You mean that the people who DID start it aren't the ones who are being bullied? And because of that they are trying to garner attention? I dont disagree with that totally, because I know that it was made by non-bullied people (probably). I dont really believe the people who made it are doing it for attention... I actually think that they're trying to help a little.

That, and, often, the ones who are being bullied aren't true LGBT, but are rather intentionally calling attention to themselves by acting flamboyantly, practically begging to be bullied so they can have support groups and tolerance classes and the sympathy of the entire staff and their own day of awareness, etc.

Gauz wrote:No, but with the recent trend of suicide among homosexuals, and perhaps the fact that there is a higher rate of suicide in homosexuals than in heterosexuals, the campagin does make sense to me.

Suicides are also uncommonly high among Mormon teens. This has little to do with bullying or peer pressure and more to do with family pressure. Where Mormons will often either feel overwhelmed by the pressure of being constantly driven to be perfect, LGBTs will often feel overwhelmed by the pressure to be like their parents. I would wager that much of the LGBT suicides are caused by fear of parental reaction for coming out verse any sort of bullying or that sort of shit.

Gauz wrote:They dont have all the rights they should have. A lot of gay people can't get married in their home states in the US.

Marriage is a religious institution adopted by the government to join a man and a woman together, per tradition. For everyone else, there are civil unions, which are the same thing minus the religious institution bit.

Gauz wrote:Not to mention that they can't join the military if they are openly gay.

And woman aren't allowed to serve on submarines. Is this a breach of civil rights, or just common sense? Often times, soldiers are alone with nothing but men for very long periods of time. There are no women around, and so it is easier to focus on what is at hand. Further, they often have to live together in cramped conditions. Now throw some gays into the mix. See a problem? We get enough issues and scandals from women and men intermingled in the military. The last thing we need to do is confuse things even further.

Gauz wrote:It's not like we're all the sudden focusing all our attention on just trying to stop LGBT bullying. It's not even hard to support this, it takes almost no time or thought. It wont hurt anyone to just show a little support for this. Honestly, your spending more time arguing why you shouldn't support it than the time it would actually take to just do it.

But that's exactly what we're doing. The LGBT already has a fuckton of awareness groups and other such things. Other social groups who are commonly bullied have nothing.

Gauz wrote:People outside your highschool still are discriminated for being homosexual.

That's even harder to believe. In college, everything that is not normal is cool. Fuck, not even transsexuals are judged here. No one cares what anyone else is. For the most part, the people who stick out at college are the Christians who don't drink or party.

Gauz wrote:You're being a little abrasive. It's not right to assume the people pushing it are attention whores. Maybe they actually do care about LGBT people and they're supporting it through making a campagin? Like they are?

Then why the campaign at all? There are already plenty of campaigns already in progress that already serve this purpose. We don't need another one.

Gauz wrote:Please tell me what groups other than homosexuals are opressed. Maybe it's just my school but... there isn't much oppression against "nerds, geeks, emos". I'm probably going to get shit on for saying this but w/e, homosexuals dont chose to be homosexual. Nerds geeks and emos can choose to be something other than what they are. I think that itself justifies supporting LGBT.

What, so sexual preference is not a choice, but everything else that makes up our personalities is? This is what we like to call a double fucking standard.

Gauz wrote:Someone's pissy. Anywho, yes, the campaign has focused on bullying mostly; however, the campagin isn't exclusively focused on LGBT bullying Tounge

The point stands. You're argument is irrelevant.

Gauz wrote:When the group being bully can't change themselves in order to not be bullied, I do belive that makes them a little more deserving.

Social awkwardness is essentially a mental disposition. It is not something you can just choose not to be.

Gauz wrote:Yes it is.

How does this have anything to do with gay rights? It's about bullying in high schools! It isn't about whether or not the government is condoning said bullying, because the government isn't condoning said bullying. In fact, this is probably the only type of bullying that the government does not condone and actually enforces.

Gauz wrote:Yes. I have seen and experienced it.

Well good for you. That's one in...what, ten or so of us?

Gauz wrote:Well that's both unfortunate and fortunate. Nice that they are protected, too bad that the school doesn't offer the same protection for all victims of bullying.

Which is the problem. LGBTs are already protected. Rather than shoring up even more defenses for them, we should be trying to protect other social groups.

Gauz wrote:People that act "normaly" and are homosexual are still bullied. Not just the flamboyant ones.

In a high school setting, you shouldn't even be able to tell normal gays and normal heterosexuals apart at a glance. It isn't like "homosexual" is branded on their forehead or something.

Gauz wrote:I knew you'd jump on that.

Then why'd you say it at all?

Gauz wrote:I do not disagree at all. The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. But still, showing support for this is showing support for anti-bullying, just a part though.

Supporting this is supporting bullying that is well controlled and telling all the other victims to go fuck themselves. It's like building a single refugee camp, and after it fills up, continuing to improve it until it is a proper metropolis while telling all the other refugees to go die in a hole somewhere.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Ruski on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:39 am

At my school, it would seem that nerds, emo's, etc are not bullied all that much, whereas if someone knows you're gay, thats a ticket to be made fun of or bullied.

I don't mean phyiscal bullying, but verbal.

But that's just my perspective.
avatar
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1217
Age : 22
Location : Canton, Ohio
Registration date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Vigil on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:45 am

Ruski wrote:At my school, it would seem that nerds, emo's, etc are not bullied all that much, whereas if someone knows you're gay, thats a ticket to be made fun of or bullied.

I don't mean phyiscal bullying, but verbal.

But that's just my perspective.

Where at both my schools, I never knew someone who was actively gay, and most of the bullying I saw was aimed at those groups I mentioned.

It's really luck of the draw with these things.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 27
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Gauz on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:54 pm

I can't use the multi-quote button on the school computer... crap.

W/e

I'm not saying we should baby anyone. We should drive them to suicide. There IS a difference.

Noc, that comment wasn't really smart. Just because we have a few people from a few highschools does not mean we represent the USA. Or even anywhere near the entire population of Highschool studentss and beyond.

You all say being gay was "cool" in your Highschool. Some schools, mine included (somewhat), are on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Rot, giving support to this is not devoting full attention to it. You can actually devote attention to multiple causes.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by KristallNacht on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:03 pm

Gauz wrote:
I'm not saying we should baby anyone. We shouldn't drive them to suicide. There IS a difference.

If their parents didn't fail at raising them, they wouldn't be able to be driven to suicide.

Someone being a pussy doesn't mean that those around them are at fault.
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Gauz on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:33 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
Gauz wrote:
I'm not saying we should baby anyone. We shouldn't drive them to suicide. There IS a difference.

If their parents didn't fail at raising them, they wouldn't be able to be driven to suicide.

Someone being a pussy doesn't mean that those around them are at fault.
You're an idiot. There isn't something wrong with the ways the parents of ALL the suicide victims raised their children.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Nocbl2 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:25 pm

Gauz wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:
Gauz wrote:
I'm not saying we should baby anyone. We shouldn't drive them to suicide. There IS a difference.

If their parents didn't fail at raising them, they wouldn't be able to be driven to suicide.

Someone being a pussy doesn't mean that those around them are at fault.
You're an idiot. There isn't something wrong with the ways the parents of ALL the suicide victims raised their children.
Then why did you say in the OP that most suicide victims came from families who rejected them?
avatar
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4811
Age : 18
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by A_Bearded_Swede on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:04 pm

Wow, All of you guys' schools seem to be different than mine.

There's very little bullying in my school. Hell, we bully the bullies here. I myself called a few kids out on their dickyness. I personally have yet to be bullied by others. I mean i get my balls busted by people, but thats just because their all me friends. But who knows, maybe its the fact i'm 6'3" and i don't take shit from nobody.

So when i read these posts, it seems like some of you get bullied at times. I just wanna ask, mostly of you guys act tuff on the internet here, so why you taking shit from other people?

_________________



.:Live Life, Love Life:.
avatar
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Age : 24
Location : Jersey
Registration date : 2008-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Elabajaba on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:10 pm

Baconsen wrote:
So when i read these posts, it seems like some of you get bullied at times. I just wanna ask, mostly of you guys act tuff on the internet here, so why you taking shit from other people?

Small, shy people aren't exactly the kind of people to take action in a situation like that, liable to get your ass kicked.
Also, the anonymity of the internet helps since you can be whatever you want here, doesn't matter who you are off the internet.

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2009-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Felix on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:14 pm

Baconsen wrote:Wow, All of you guys' schools seem to be different than mine.

There's very little bullying in my school. Hell, we bully the bullies here. I myself called a few kids out on their dickyness. I personally have yet to be bullied by others. I mean i get my balls busted by people, but thats just because their all me friends. But who knows, maybe its the fact i'm 6'3" and i don't take shit from nobody.

So when i read these posts, it seems like some of you get bullied at times. I just wanna ask, mostly of you guys act tuff on the internet here, so why you taking shit from other people?

Oh, only if it were so easy Bacon.
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2076
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:32 pm

Gauz wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:
Effectively, yes. Because huge portions of people who are bullied are being shoved off to the side to raise even more awareness for LGBT bullying, even though they already get classes about tolerance and their own day of awareness, we will not stand for further attention to the LGBT group. They don't deserve any more attention than any other group that is bullied, and yet, the shy, quiet guy has been bullied for decades, nay, centuries, and the LGBT community crops up for a handful of decades and they suddenly get all sorts of preferential treatment?
When the group being bully can't change themselves in order to not be bullied, I do belive that makes them a little more deserving.
Perfect, Gauz. That's just priceless.
"You gettin' bullied because you're white and they're brown? Here's some Tan in a Can, start rubbing. You! You getting bullied because you've got Parkinsons? Then quit shakin', you dumb broad! YOU! You say they're bullying you because you wear glasses? *snap* Problem solved!"
"Oh, you. You're ugly? Well, then why aren't you wearing a paper bag? Hey, they say you've been sleeping around? Then quit screwing on the first date! Hey, so what if you're getting picked on for wrecking the grade curve? Have you tried being dumber?"

"Oh, crap, FOUR ALARM EMERGENCY HERE, PEOPLE! A gay is getting picked on for crossdressing! Henry, get the kid to counseling! Everyone else, Grab your torches and pitchforks! We've got some scum to put down."

I hope you realize how stupid that was, Gauz.
In my school, I didn't get bullied much. A couple of rounds on the foursquare court was all it took for me to retreat into the library during lunches, later the computer room. And in high school, the fact that we could leave the grounds for lunch kept the fights down to about twice a week. But the nerds still shacked up in the computer lab and the library, the jocks went out to lunch, the losers hung out around Smoker's Corner, the Emos hung out around the music/band room, and the freshmen just hid. Because whenever there was a mix, there was a snide comment, someone standing in your way, synchronized finger flipping from the Goths (Actually, that was quite a sight to see) or a dressing down from the losers or the jocks.

Doesn't happen as much in college (Perhaps because I'm six-one and have more facial hair than anybody else? Maybe) but when I see it, I'll stop it. But I WON'T attend an awareness day for one group, because they aren't the only ones who get bullied.
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Divine Virus on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:53 am

Baconsen wrote:There's very little bullying in my school. Hell, we bully the bullies here. I myself called a few kids out on their dickyness. I personally have yet to be bullied by others. I mean i get my balls busted by people, but thats just because their all me friends. But who knows, maybe its the fact i'm 6'3" and i don't take shit from nobody.
Same here man, same here.

You know what else I believe prevents bullying? Or ar least helps? Friends. You find out who your friends are when you suddenly become the subject of someones attempted bullying and your friends start jumping in to deffend you or start telling the person to know that shit off. Very rare does a punk try and to bully you when your with your friends. I know I had friends who would stick up for me and I'd do the same for them. And They have and I have already in the past.

I'm also like what Bacon said in sence that perhaps no bullying ever came my way because of my large stature and the fact that I also don't take bullshit from anybody.
avatar
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 26
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Felix on Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:27 am

Divine Virus wrote:
Baconsen wrote:There's very little bullying in my school. Hell, we bully the bullies here. I myself called a few kids out on their dickyness. I personally have yet to be bullied by others. I mean i get my balls busted by people, but thats just because their all me friends. But who knows, maybe its the fact i'm 6'3" and i don't take shit from nobody.
Same here man, same here.

You know what else I believe prevents bullying? Or ar least helps? Friends. You find out who your friends are when you suddenly become the subject of someones attempted bullying and your friends start jumping in to deffend you or start telling the person to know that shit off. Very rare does a punk try and to bully you when your with your friends. I know I had friends who would stick up for me and I'd do the same for them. And They have and I have already in the past.

I'm also like what Bacon said in sence that perhaps no bullying ever came my way because of my large stature and the fact that I also don't take bullshit from anybody.

And what happens if you don't have these "friends"? I suppose then you're just unfit to live.
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2076
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Get's Better Project

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum