Skinny or Curvy Women?

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which do you like best?

17% 17% 
[ 6 ]
17% 17% 
[ 6 ]
44% 44% 
[ 16 ]
22% 22% 
[ 8 ]
 
Total Votes : 36

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by Ascendant Justice on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:29 pm

Im at the same stage you were at Rot. I weigh about 139 pounds, am 6'4 in height, and can eat ANY amount of ANYTHING and not gain a pound and Im extremely skinny.
avatar
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2135
Age : 24
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by JumpingJet on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:42 pm

Jamiesway wrote:NT- Harsh. Really.
No One commented on me :c
Am I Fat Too ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Cuzz, umm. i might not weight 220 but im pretty much alot for my weight group

Joshhi <3 Razz
avatar
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1266
Age : 23
Location : Leeds, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:01 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:The problem with the definitions for fat and obese is how hilarious they are. A friend whom I live with weighs 210 and is about 5'11". According to his BMI, he's obese. But he's probably one of the thinnest-lking and in best shape guys in the house. The BMI is a joke, if you ask me, and what society deems "fat" is mostly based on the media.


BMI is messed up, because it never accounts for muscle.

but we're not really talking about muscle, nor are we even talking about whether she looks good or not, or if she's a bad person for being fat.

but she's still fat. Even if you love fat girls, the girl is still fat. just cause you like it doesn't make them not fat.

and there are plenty of fat marines.

and concerning the media and perfection, I don't see the problem. Why would you want something less than the girl that's perfect to you?
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by Maeve on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:16 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:The problem with the definitions for fat and obese is how hilarious they are. A friend whom I live with weighs 210 and is about 5'11". According to his BMI, he's obese. But he's probably one of the thinnest-lking and in best shape guys in the house. The BMI is a joke, if you ask me, and what society deems "fat" is mostly based on the media.


BMI is messed up, because it never accounts for muscle.

but we're not really talking about muscle, nor are we even talking about whether she looks good or not, or if she's a bad person for being fat.

but she's still fat. Even if you love fat girls, the girl is still fat. just cause you like it doesn't make them not fat.

and there are plenty of fat marines.

and concerning the media and perfection, I don't see the problem. Why would you want something less than the girl that's perfect to you?
If you love the girl, what she looks like doesn't matter so much. Same with the guy. If you love the guy, it shouldn't really matter what he looks like.
avatar
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 585
Age : 25
Location : Hanging out with England and America
Registration date : 2010-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by Felix on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:36 pm

I don't really want to take sides or anything (I hope I'm not anyway) but is this not a thread based on what we (men at least) like in a women based on looks?

Looks have an impact on relationships. It's terrible, and varies depending on where/who you talk to, but it does.
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2077
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by Maeve on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Felix wrote:I don't really want to take sides or anything (I hope I'm not anyway) but is this not a thread based on what we (men at least) like in a women based on looks?

Looks have an impact on relationships. It's terrible, and varies depending on where/who you talk to, but it does.
Meh...I guess...

I wasn't attracted to Civ in my younger years because I wasn't interested in him until I was in 10th grade.

I mean...Come on...no one else would date him but me...I find his personality shapes how he looks often times but really...

We're too crazy for anyone else to really love us Razz
avatar
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 585
Age : 25
Location : Hanging out with England and America
Registration date : 2010-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:28 am

Felix wrote:I don't really want to take sides or anything (I hope I'm not anyway) but is this not a thread based on what we (men at least) like in a women based on looks?

Looks have an impact on relationships. It's terrible, and varies depending on where/who you talk to, but it does.
Mkay, while I'm typing up a storm, let's turn this around. What do the girls think? What do they look for?

Maeve wrote:
Felix wrote:I don't really want to take sides or anything (I hope I'm not anyway) but is this not a thread based on what we (men at least) like in a women based on looks?

Looks have an impact on relationships. It's terrible, and varies depending on where/who you talk to, but it does.
Meh...I guess...

I wasn't attracted to Civ in my younger years because I wasn't interested in him until I was in 10th grade.

I mean...Come on...no one else would date him but me...I find his personality shapes how he looks often times but really...

We're too crazy for anyone else to really love us Razz
*Grins*
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:44 am

Maeve wrote:It's in my genetics to be big. And I know I'm big. And so, I'm trying to lose weight. I've added more fruits and veggies in my diet, cutting back meals, exercising more. But I'm still in the baby stages. I'm sorry if you were born naturally skinny and just gained muscle. Just wait till you're out. That won't last
OK, a few things I'd like to get in here before going off to bed.

-There are comparatively few genetic causes of obesity, as I learned in health class. To quote my teacher "If you're fat, there's two excuses you can't use anymore. Those excuses are "It's a gland problem" and "It's in my genes". Odds are, those Michelins you're packing are there because of your diet, not because something is broken in your body. And if you ARE one of the poor people who are fat because of genes, then I truly pity you. Because your card's been hijacked by lazy slobs who don't want to take responsibility."

This was followed by a discussion on what IS an excuse. When we see fat parents with an obese kid, we pass it off as 'genetics', when the real culprit is feeding patterns. We eat what our parents eat, when our parents eat, and the same goes for exercise. People in poverty have a triple whammy, as he pointed out, because they don't eat well, they don't exercise, and they don't try to climb out of poverty.

That trailed off into a discussion on the evils of BGHs, High Fructose Corn Syrup, and government subsidies to corn farmers.

But you know what? You're overweight. You're even fat, I'll be honest. But you say you're trying to diet and lose weight. That's great news. How about walking? Running? Biking? Habits you build today will keep you heart healthy tomorrow and the day after. My brother is a runner. He's probably going to as healthy in fifteen years as he is today. NT is a Marine; unless he completely tanks (or gets a desk job), he's going to be fairly healthy in twenty years because of the regimen he is on right now.

Personally, I'm overweight, but you wouldn't know it until I take my shirt off and quit sucking it in. I'm going to try biking or running or walking by the road and picking up trash this summer. My dad just came home after heart surgery eight days ago, and I made him a promise not to go down that road.
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by KristallNacht on Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:08 am

Maeve wrote:
If you love the girl, what she looks like doesn't matter so much. Same with the guy. If you love the guy, it shouldn't really matter what he looks like.

but at the same time, I'd love her more for being more attractive.

especially since there are plenty of gorgeous girls with amazing personalities.

why get a 10 personality with a 5 looks when you can get 10 personality and 10 looks?

conveniently, addressing the looks part of that takes WAY less time than addressing personality. so there's less risk in sticking with attractive girls. Since then it's 'let's put some time into getting to know this hottie' as opposed to 'lets put some time into getting to know this girl while I try my hardest not to puke on her'
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by R!zZle BiZzl£ on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:12 am

KristallNacht wrote:
Maeve wrote:
If you love the girl, what she looks like doesn't matter so much. Same with the guy. If you love the guy, it shouldn't really matter what he looks like.

but at the same time, I'd love her more for being more attractive.

especially since there are plenty of gorgeous girls with amazing personalities.

why get a 10 personality with a 5 looks when you can get 10 personality and 10 looks?

conveniently, addressing the looks part of that takes WAY less time than addressing personality. so there's less risk in sticking with attractive girls. Since then it's 'let's put some time into getting to know this hottie' as opposed to 'lets put some time into getting to know this girl while I try my hardest not to puke on her'

I'm gonna have to side with NT on this one. Be honest if you see a ugly girl in your college/school etc you wont wanna get to know her, but if she is attractive you probably will. Personality is important, but whoever said its the inside that counts must of been butt-ugly or there girl/boy was good looking Tounge
avatar
R!zZle BiZzl£
Minion

Male Number of posts : 354
Age : 23
Location : England, manchester.
Registration date : 2009-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by Felix on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Maeve wrote:
Felix wrote:I don't really want to take sides or anything (I hope I'm not anyway) but is this not a thread based on what we (men at least) like in a women based on looks?

Looks have an impact on relationships. It's terrible, and varies depending on where/who you talk to, but it does.
Meh...I guess...

I wasn't attracted to Civ in my younger years because I wasn't interested in him until I was in 10th grade.

I mean...Come on...no one else would date him but me...I find his personality shapes how he looks often times but really...

We're too crazy for anyone else to really love us Razz

And had you not got to know him, you wouldn't have dated him. Based on his looks.
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2077
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by A_Bearded_Swede on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:45 pm

Maeve wrote:
Felix wrote:I don't really want to take sides or anything (I hope I'm not anyway) but is this not a thread based on what we (men at least) like in a women based on looks?

Looks have an impact on relationships. It's terrible, and varies depending on where/who you talk to, but it does.
Meh...I guess...

I wasn't attracted to Civ in my younger years because I wasn't interested in him until I was in 10th grade.

I mean...Come on...no one else would date him but me...I find his personality shapes how he looks often times but really...

We're too crazy for anyone else to really love us Razz
You two look cute together. ^_^

No matter what a guy says, we judge women on their looks. Whether its by choice or subconsciously.

But what differs from each guy is what their preferences. Some guys like just blondes or latinas or whatever, and some really do like the bigger girls. A few of my friends do.

For me, i like nice eyes and hips. Thats just on the outside though.

But its a whole different ball game if you plan on being in a relationship with this person.

If you aren't attracted to the other's emotional qualities; then the relationship isn't going to be good or last very long.

So if you just want to do a one night stand or something, then yeah looks is all that matters.

But if you want something for a longer term, then emotional qualities become a factor.

_________________



.:Live Life, Love Life:.
avatar
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Age : 24
Location : Jersey
Registration date : 2008-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by TNine on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:53 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
OK, a few things I'd like to get in here before going off to bed.

-There are comparatively few genetic causes of obesity, as I learned in health class. To quote my teacher "If you're fat, there's two excuses you can't use anymore. Those excuses are "It's a gland problem" and "It's in my genes". Odds are, those Michelins you're packing are there because of your diet, not because something is broken in your body. And if you ARE one of the poor people who are fat because of genes, then I truly pity you. Because your card's been hijacked by lazy slobs who don't want to take responsibility."

This was followed by a discussion on what IS an excuse. When we see fat parents with an obese kid, we pass it off as 'genetics', when the real culprit is feeding patterns. We eat what our parents eat, when our parents eat, and the same goes for exercise. People in poverty have a triple whammy, as he pointed out, because they don't eat well, they don't exercise, and they don't try to climb out of poverty.

That trailed off into a discussion on the evils of BGHs, High Fructose Corn Syrup, and government subsidies to corn farmers.

But you know what? You're overweight. You're even fat, I'll be honest. But you say you're trying to diet and lose weight. That's great news. How about walking? Running? Biking? Habits you build today will keep you heart healthy tomorrow and the day after. My brother is a runner. He's probably going to as healthy in fifteen years as he is today. NT is a Marine; unless he completely tanks (or gets a desk job), he's going to be fairly healthy in twenty years because of the regimen he is on right now.

Personally, I'm overweight, but you wouldn't know it until I take my shirt off and quit sucking it in. I'm going to try biking or running or walking by the road and picking up trash this summer. My dad just came home after heart surgery eight days ago, and I made him a promise not to go down that road.
Exomorphs, endomorphs, mesomorphs? Is your body type self-defined or entirely based on diet/exercise?

...

I was about to say i know plenty of skinny kids who are unhealthy and fat kids that are healthy, but i realized that all my skinny friends do sports and all my fat friends don't. The only nonathletic skinny kid i know is vegetarian. I guess you have a point.
avatar
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Age : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by Toaster on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:11 pm

TNine wrote:
Exomorphs, endomorphs, mesomorphs? Is your body type self-defined or entirely based on diet/exercise?

...

I was about to say i know plenty of skinny kids who are unhealthy and fat kids that are healthy, but i realized that all my skinny friends do sports and all my fat friends don't. The only nonathletic skinny kid i know is vegetarian. I guess you have a point.

I'm around 5'10" to 5'11", and I weigh about 150lb.

At the same time, my diet consists mostly of ham, cheese, salt&vinegar chips, Wendy's, and coke... and I hardly ever go outside (though I'm becoming a bit more active recently.)

My friend, on the other hand, is 6'2", and weighs close to 300 pounds. He's very overweight, and has been for his entire life. Although he doesn't really eat well either, he eats better than I do, and usually, not all that frequently.

Without a doubt, genes DO dictate a person's ability to lose/gain weight, and that really sucks for those who get shafted. Still, even when you're dealt a terrible hand, it's up to you to make do with what you've got, and work EVEN HARDER to maintain a healthy physique.

It's not fair at all, but that's just how it works.

avatar
Toaster
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2715
Age : 24
Location : Ohio
Registration date : 2008-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by Maeve on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:14 pm

TNine wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
OK, a few things I'd like to get in here before going off to bed.

-There are comparatively few genetic causes of obesity, as I learned in health class. To quote my teacher "If you're fat, there's two excuses you can't use anymore. Those excuses are "It's a gland problem" and "It's in my genes". Odds are, those Michelins you're packing are there because of your diet, not because something is broken in your body. And if you ARE one of the poor people who are fat because of genes, then I truly pity you. Because your card's been hijacked by lazy slobs who don't want to take responsibility."

This was followed by a discussion on what IS an excuse. When we see fat parents with an obese kid, we pass it off as 'genetics', when the real culprit is feeding patterns. We eat what our parents eat, when our parents eat, and the same goes for exercise. People in poverty have a triple whammy, as he pointed out, because they don't eat well, they don't exercise, and they don't try to climb out of poverty.

That trailed off into a discussion on the evils of BGHs, High Fructose Corn Syrup, and government subsidies to corn farmers.

But you know what? You're overweight. You're even fat, I'll be honest. But you say you're trying to diet and lose weight. That's great news. How about walking? Running? Biking? Habits you build today will keep you heart healthy tomorrow and the day after. My brother is a runner. He's probably going to as healthy in fifteen years as he is today. NT is a Marine; unless he completely tanks (or gets a desk job), he's going to be fairly healthy in twenty years because of the regimen he is on right now.

Personally, I'm overweight, but you wouldn't know it until I take my shirt off and quit sucking it in. I'm going to try biking or running or walking by the road and picking up trash this summer. My dad just came home after heart surgery eight days ago, and I made him a promise not to go down that road.
Exomorphs, endomorphs, mesomorphs? Is your body type self-defined or entirely based on diet/exercise?

...

I was about to say i know plenty of skinny kids who are unhealthy and fat kids that are healthy, but i realized that all my skinny friends do sports and all my fat friends don't. The only nonathletic skinny kid i know is vegetarian. I guess you have a point.
For almost 9 years I was in dance, baton, and hip hop and I over worked myself for those 9 years. I was also in show choir and jazz band and even marching band. I was in softball for 3 years and volleyball for 1 year. I ate a healthy meal everyday and yet, I was still considered obese. So you can't say fat people don't do any sports. That's a down right LIE.
avatar
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 585
Age : 25
Location : Hanging out with England and America
Registration date : 2010-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by KristallNacht on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:51 am

but doesn't mean you're not fat.
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by Maeve on Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:44 pm

KristallNacht wrote:but doesn't mean you're not fat.
I understand that, NT. I was just saying not all fat people sit around and do nothing. I still live a very active life and yet, I'm still heavy.
avatar
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 585
Age : 25
Location : Hanging out with England and America
Registration date : 2010-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by KristallNacht on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:05 pm

this argument was mostly about whether or not you were fat.

so we have in fact come to an agreement that you are NOT curvy, but instead FAT. Is this correct?
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by Rotaretilbo on Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:25 pm

I believe the original insinuation was that curvy and "fat" were not mutually exclusive.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by KristallNacht on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:34 pm

but are also not interchangeable.

and they are significantly more exclusive than interchangeable.
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by Lord Pheonix on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:37 pm

No Fatties




That is all

_________________

avatar
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by Maeve on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:59 pm

Whatever
avatar
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 585
Age : 25
Location : Hanging out with England and America
Registration date : 2010-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by Maeve on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:11 pm

KristallNacht wrote:this argument was mostly about whether or not you were fat.

so we have in fact come to an agreement that you are NOT curvy, but instead FAT. Is this correct?
No, wrong. I am agreeing I'm heavy. I do however have curves from my weight. But I'm not saying I'm fat.
avatar
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 585
Age : 25
Location : Hanging out with England and America
Registration date : 2010-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by KristallNacht on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:15 am

Maeve wrote:
No, wrong. I am agreeing I'm heavy. I do however have curves from my weight. But I'm not saying I'm fat.

why can't you just accept yourself?
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by Maeve on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:33 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
Maeve wrote:
No, wrong. I am agreeing I'm heavy. I do however have curves from my weight. But I'm not saying I'm fat.

why can't you just accept yourself?
I have.
You, a very hateful, deceitful person who has no other way to get it up than to troll on other people's faults and miseries. It seems you are the one who can't accept yourself.
avatar
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 585
Age : 25
Location : Hanging out with England and America
Registration date : 2010-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skinny or Curvy Women?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum