best Anime EVAR!!!!

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Rotaretilbo on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:52 am

I'm not unfond of YuYu Hakusho or Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z, but I doubt they'd be up there in the best anime.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:42 am

they're anime for people that hate anime =D
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Divine Virus on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:15 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:I'm not unfond of YuYu Hakusho or Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z, but I doubt they'd be up there in the best anime.
Yeah, shows like those are big nostalgia for me so I find nothing wrong them. I watched the shit out of DBZ back in the day.
avatar
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 27
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:11 am

BBJynne wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:I finished the first season of "Code Geass" at Velo's urging, and have absolutely no desire to continue.
Code Geass is fucking hilarious because everyone in it is trying so hard to over act through voice, and the animations just make it better. So many dramatic hand-gestures Very Happy
How about the fact that everyone going up against Zero, with the exception of Mao, automatically lost a hundred IQ points? Or that 'flanking' in that universe consists of 'converge upon the enemy's last known position, then stand there dumbfounded and wonder where they went.'

Divine Virus wrote:Zombie Apoc with lots of fan service.
Read the Manga, 'twas good.
Not sure about the anime, as I hear the... 'orgybus' scene is included.
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Nocbl2 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:45 pm

Gundam

Naruto
avatar
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4811
Age : 18
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Felix on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:07 pm

Is it series or movies or both?

If both, I have a hazy memory on a lot of the good ones I've seen. But I remember (and liked) Steamboy, Howl's Moving Castle, something delivery service and I really liked Titan A.E. (if that is an anime)

Series I would say Yu Yu hakisho, Gundam (I liked most of the series) Cowboy Bebop, The swordsman with the reverse blade sword, another one on Toonami I forgot, and others I forgot

I never really got into Bleach, I saw a few episodes and found it boring.
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2077
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Rotaretilbo on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:41 pm

While Naruto and Bleach are both insanely popular, and while I actually do enjoy Bleach, both are also EXTREMELY cliché and would definitely not be among the "best" anime ever. Maybe the most successful, but not the best.

And you have to be more specific than "Gundam". There were like a million, and not all of them were very good.

And the swordsman with the reverse-blade sword is Rurouni Kenshin. The manga was better than the anime, but mainly because the whole thing is building up to the third main arc, and the anime cuts off after the second and does some filler shit and then just ends.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by dragoon9105 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:11 am

i highly disliked the way they ended death note and code geass (english ending that is)
avatar
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Felix on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:06 am

Rotaretilbo wrote:While Naruto and Bleach are both insanely popular, and while I actually do enjoy Bleach, both are also EXTREMELY cliché and would definitely not be among the "best" anime ever. Maybe the most successful, but not the best.

And you have to be more specific than "Gundam". There were like a million, and not all of them were very good.

And the swordsman with the reverse-blade sword is Rurouni Kenshin. The manga was better than the anime, but mainly because the whole thing is building up to the third main arc, and the anime cuts off after the second and does some filler shit and then just ends.

Like I said, I could never really get into it. Naruto I enjoyed for a bit until I got to the 100th episode and realized that nothing really occured. It was basically DBZ in ninja form.

And well I liked them all Sad

You'll have to understand, I don't really read Manga, so I'm basing my opinion on just the show, which I actually enjoyed. A few others that I forgot were Big O, Digimon (after the 3rd series though, it sucked), Vandread and another really short one that lasted only six episodes (I am terrible with names) but it invovles a chick from another planet using a guitar as a weapon and a robot.

Yep, I suck with names.
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2077
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Gauz on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:12 pm

If you're watching naruto and nothing important is happening, that's because you're in a "filler" arc of the show. They're pointless and I dont even think relate to the story at all. Skip them, imo.

Shippuden has a lot going on if you skip the fillers, but even if you dont, some are still interesting enough. Plus the fights are much better imo
<3 Akatsuki



Anyway, does zoids count as an anime?
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Divine Virus on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Gauz wrote:Anyway, does zoids count as an anime?
Did you say Zoids?!

NOSTALGIA!!!
avatar
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 27
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by RX on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:13 pm

No. Hellsing.
So, so disappointed..

Anywho, Hellsing, Death Note, Devil May Cry was fun too.

Huggle can't shut up about Code Geass, so I'll have to see that.
And also Rot's sadistic anime of fun and the 'orgybus' one just made my list.
avatar
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1957
Age : 23
Location : Ancient Kingdom of Norwegia
Registration date : 2008-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Gauz on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:21 pm

Code Geass has really short battle sequences from what i've seen.

Which is the COMPLETE opposite of Naruto Razz
I prefer the longer more dramatic ones tbh
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by BBJynne on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:11 am

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
BBJynne wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:I finished the first season of "Code Geass" at Velo's urging, and have absolutely no desire to continue.
Code Geass is fucking hilarious because everyone in it is trying so hard to over act through voice, and the animations just make it better. So many dramatic hand-gestures Very Happy
How about the fact that everyone going up against Zero, with the exception of Mao, automatically lost a hundred IQ points? Or that 'flanking' in that universe consists of 'converge upon the enemy's last known position, then stand there dumbfounded and wonder where they went.'
I'd say that adds to the funny.
Anyone who likes Code Geass because of deep, compelling storyline and epic battles needs to reconsider, but I think liking it because of unintentional hilarity is justified.

Something else I really liked was how whenever someone used their latest secret move, almost the entire enemy force is destroyed, but they and their opponent can do this to each other multiple times each against apparently instantly regenerating mecha, for extra destruction footage.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:34 am

BBJynne wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
BBJynne wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:I finished the first season of "Code Geass" at Velo's urging, and have absolutely no desire to continue.
Code Geass is fucking hilarious because everyone in it is trying so hard to over act through voice, and the animations just make it better. So many dramatic hand-gestures Very Happy
How about the fact that everyone going up against Zero, with the exception of Mao, automatically lost a hundred IQ points? Or that 'flanking' in that universe consists of 'converge upon the enemy's last known position, then stand there dumbfounded and wonder where they went.'
I'd say that adds to the funny.
Anyone who likes Code Geass because of deep, compelling storyline and epic battles needs to reconsider, but I think liking it because of unintentional hilarity is justified.

Something else I really liked was how whenever someone used their latest secret move, almost the entire enemy force is destroyed, but they and their opponent can do this to each other multiple times each against apparently instantly regenerating mecha, for extra destruction footage.
High point of the series: Mao. Here was an interesting (with an eye-bleedingly horrible wardrobe) who was able to instantly match Zero's intellect, negating one of his advantages. Zero couldn't just come up with some random tactic that anyone with two brain cells could see coming and counter (yet everyone is always caught in the lurch when he does so). And because Mao knew how Geass powers worked, there goes Zero's reserve Deus Ex Machina.
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Felix on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:02 am

Just remembered (well, I looked it up Very Happy) the name of the show. It is Fooly Cooly. Possibly one of my favorite animes of all time.
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2077
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Divine Virus on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:39 pm

Felix wrote:Just remembered (well, I looked it up Very Happy) the name of the show. It is Fooly Cooly. Possibly one of my favorite animes of all time.
Yeah...I posted that already...

Razz
avatar
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 27
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Felix on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Divine Virus wrote:
Felix wrote:Just remembered (well, I looked it up Very Happy) the name of the show. It is Fooly Cooly. Possibly one of my favorite animes of all time.
Yeah...I posted that already...

Razz

Doesn't change that it's my favorite Very Happy
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2077
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Divine Virus on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Felix wrote:Doesn't change that it's my favorite Very Happy
No I just thought it was funny how you kept saying you couldn't remember the name when all you had to do was look at the front page.

tongue
avatar
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 27
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Felix on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:38 pm

Divine Virus wrote:
Felix wrote:Doesn't change that it's my favorite Very Happy
No I just thought it was funny how you kept saying you couldn't remember the name when all you had to do was look at the front page.

tongue

lol I still wouldn't know the name. I looked up on Wikipedia adult swim (was bored in school today) and clicked on the name and I remembered it.

But I bet that would have been easier too Razz
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2077
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Divine Virus on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:49 pm

Uhh, you would know the name because I posted a video of it (with it's name in the title) and I even posted it's name. lol

Rolling Eyes
avatar
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 27
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Felix on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Divine Virus wrote:Uhh, you would know the name because I posted a video of it (with it's name in the title) and I even posted it's name. lol

Rolling Eyes

Just noticed that now. Ain't I a stinka Very Happy
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2077
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Ukurse on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:15 pm

Baconsen wrote:Spirited Away is an amazing movie. ^.^

Howl's Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke are great ones too.

Basically anything made by Hayao Miyazaki is great.

But with Anime shows...

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo!
FREAKING A!!!!!

Agreed.
A bunch of stuff written by Jump is good
Like Death Note (probably my favourite), Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z(Would be better with less filler), as you said Bo-Bobo, and various other stuff.
avatar
Ukurse
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1441
Age : 23
Location : Auckland, New Zealand
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Maeve on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:58 pm

Fullmetal Alchemist <3
Death Note <3
FLCL Crazy but <3
Inuyasha <3 but it got too long
Naruto <3 but it got too long
Trinity Blood <3
Pokemon <3 but I grew up Razz
avatar
Maeve
Crimson Chick

Female Number of posts : 585
Age : 25
Location : Hanging out with England and America
Registration date : 2010-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Indecisive One. on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Inuyasha is my fav. love it so much.
avatar
Indecisive One.
Minion

Male Number of posts : 349
Age : 22
Location : Canton Ohio
Registration date : 2010-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: best Anime EVAR!!!!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum