Books

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Books

Post by Rotaretilbo on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:50 pm

Where the Red Fern Grows was a pretty damn touching book, back when I was a kid. Haven't read it in some time. I'm also fond of Tigers in the Mud, an autobiography about a German tanker in WW2.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Felix on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:12 am

James Patterson is my favorite author. Loved the Maximum Ride series. Read the first four, have yet to finish entire thing (although in my mind it should have ended lol.

I liked the Seventh Tower series. Only had six books though, which I thought was funny.

As you know, I enjoyed the Halo books.

Not sure if this counts, but I enjoyed the TinTin books (comics but in book form)

Aertimis Fowl was another favorite of mine.
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2076
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Gold Spartan on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:36 pm

Meh, the first three were pretty ok, but I didn't like the fourth one and absolutely hated the last book of the Artemis fowl series
avatar
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 22
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Rotaretilbo on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:51 pm

The Seventh Tower series were pretty nifty. I've only read the first two Artemis Fowl books, though.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Felix on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:58 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:The Seventh Tower series were pretty nifty. I've only read the first two Artemis Fowl books, though.

Indeed. I found them very creative and a fun read. I could never find the other ones so I had to stop at the second, but I did find a graphic novel of the first one. Also very good.

Oh, and another one I enjoyed was the Icefire books. Although I only got half way through the second one cause I seemed to have misplaced it Razz

and The Scorpion King was another interesting one, actually made me cry at some parts but was a fantastic read.

I am actually ashamed of myself because I feel I haven't read nearly the amount of Star Wars books as I should have Razz
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2076
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Gold Spartan on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Felix wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:The Seventh Tower series were pretty nifty. I've only read the first two Artemis Fowl books, though.

Indeed. I found them very creative and a fun read. I could never find the other ones so I had to stop at the second, but I did find a graphic novel of the first one. Also very good.

Oh, and another one I enjoyed was the Icefire books. Although I only got half way through the second one cause I seemed to have misplaced it Razz

and The Scorpion King was another interesting one, actually made me cry at some parts but was a fantastic read.

I am actually ashamed of myself because I feel I haven't read nearly the amount of Star Wars books as I should have Razz
Icefire?
avatar
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 22
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Felix on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:13 pm

Gold Spartan wrote:
Felix wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:The Seventh Tower series were pretty nifty. I've only read the first two Artemis Fowl books, though.

Indeed. I found them very creative and a fun read. I could never find the other ones so I had to stop at the second, but I did find a graphic novel of the first one. Also very good.

Oh, and another one I enjoyed was the Icefire books. Although I only got half way through the second one cause I seemed to have misplaced it Razz

and The Scorpion King was another interesting one, actually made me cry at some parts but was a fantastic read.

I am actually ashamed of myself because I feel I haven't read nearly the amount of Star Wars books as I should have Razz
Icefire?

Well actually, that one is the sequel, the first is The Fire Within. I have only read half of the first, but Icefire is still a good book.

Should really find that book though...
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2076
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:52 pm

Meh. Wish Eoin Colfer stopped Artemis Fowl at the third book. After that, it really spiraled downhill.

-Artemis Fowl: Great villain, especially since we're following his POV a lot. Absolutely devious, 'lollypop' incident was funny as Hell.
-Opal Koboi plus Briar Cudgeon... or something like that: Great villains, given how they're using deception and playing the Goblin gangs off the LEP. Tension between Artemis, Holly, and Julius is great. Scene where they went after Mulch Diggums to break into Koboi Laboratories was nothing short of epic.
-John Spiro: Great villain, even if it does involve Artemis Fowl losing a couple hundred (he can spare 'em) IQ points. Good place to end the series, as Artemis has regressed to the point he was at in the beginning of the first book, Butler is about 70, and Mulch is in custody.
-Opal Koboi: Self-centered egomaniac, relying on two idiots to get all her work done for her. Her plan is nothing short of 'too far out there', and how she was de-powered was lame.
-Whatever that Demon's Name Was: Lousy villain for a fifth book, thoroughly incompetent, willing to lord it over a small colony with the Colferverse's equivalent to "Twilight" as a bible. Really miss the great villains of yore about now...
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Carlos Spicyweiner on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:20 am

The Long Walk by Stephen King is one of my favorite books.
avatar
Carlos Spicyweiner
Minion

Male Number of posts : 803
Registration date : 2008-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Gold Spartan on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:48 pm

Funny Rasq, I just realized that there's no K.J. Parker on your list. Kinda funny since you managed to convince me to read the Engineer Trilogy, yet you don't even mention it. Razz
avatar
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 22
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:22 pm

Gold Spartan wrote:Funny Rasq, I just realized that there's no K.J. Parker on your list. Kinda funny since you managed to convince me to read the Engineer Trilogy, yet you don't even mention it. Razz
I read the Company, and I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. Will be picking up her other books when I find them.

As for the other books I mentioned... Meh, I think I was going into the books that I like and think a lot of others have read as well. Have you finished the third book?
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by JumpingJet on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:37 pm

Carlos Spicyweiner wrote:The Long Walk by Stephen King is one of my favorite books.

I've always wanted to get into S Kings books.

Recommend one?
avatar
JumpingJet
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1266
Age : 23
Location : Leeds, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:20 pm

JumpingJet wrote:
Carlos Spicyweiner wrote:The Long Walk by Stephen King is one of my favorite books.

I've always wanted to get into S Kings books.

Recommend one?
Different Seasons. Best book of his that I've read.
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Gold Spartan on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:41 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Gold Spartan wrote:Funny Rasq, I just realized that there's no K.J. Parker on your list. Kinda funny since you managed to convince me to read the Engineer Trilogy, yet you don't even mention it. Razz
I read the Company, and I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. Will be picking up her other books when I find them.

As for the other books I mentioned... Meh, I think I was going into the books that I like and think a lot of others have read as well. Have you finished the third book?
I read all of them in under 3 weeks. Razz
avatar
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 22
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Felix on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:14 pm

Never been much of King fan. Thought he was ok.
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2076
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Gold Spartan on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:28 pm

King has yet to impress my as a story writer.
I mean, yes, his short stories are great; I just can't stand his novels.
avatar
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 22
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by BBJynne on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:54 pm

I'm reading To Kill a Mockingbird right now. It's pretty good.

BBJynne
The Lord's Blood Knight

Male Number of posts : 5059
Age : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Lord Pheonix on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:27 pm

The Cell by S. King is good shit.

_________________

avatar
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Onyxknight on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:The Cell by S. King is good shit.
this^ that and it could happen o.0
avatar
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Age : 23
Location : wherever i want to be....maybe in your house o.O
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Lord Pheonix on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:36 pm

I doubt a radio signal sent to us by phones would make us into telepathics that can fly through the air.

_________________

avatar
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Vigil on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:52 am

Lord Pheonix wrote:The Cell by S. King is good shit.

Agreed.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 27
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Gold Spartan on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:02 pm

Ok, so I read The Gathering Storm by Sanderson, and oh my god, its probably one of the best in the WoT series. Sanderson is definitely one of my favorite authors that I've started reading recently. I don't think I've read a book written by him that I didn't love.
avatar
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 22
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Nocbl2 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Just finished the first book of the Hunger Games. Could have been a lot better. 6.5 or a 7.
avatar
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4811
Age : 18
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Gold Spartan on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:14 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:Just finished the first book of the Hunger Games. Could have been a lot better. 6.5 or a 7.
why in the world are you overrating that pile of garbage?
avatar
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 22
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Re: Books

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum