Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Registration date : 2008-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo 4

Post by Felix on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
TNine wrote:What kind of self-respecting gamer plays Call of Duty?

The same kind that coonsiders themself a Halo fan but doesn't care about the plot or canon at all.

Oh you and your crazy fandom. Clearly if someone likes the game(s) then they are a fan of it, so they are doing something right if people enjoy it.
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2076
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:35 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:A gamer isnt someone who wasted thier time complaining about video games on an internet forum for the sake of argueing, just saying Smile
Actually that's EXACTLY what gamers are.
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:36 pm

Divine Virus wrote:Let's look at the bright side...

They could've called it H4LO. Razz

I vote that be the name of the game.

Send it to MS now!
Felix
Banana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KristallNacht on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:36 pm

Gamers are able to acknowledge the good and bad things games brought to the table and realize that regardless of whether you think it's fun, the good things were still presented that need to be conserved.

Brink for instance, some hate it, some love it, but what any true gamer would acknowledge is that games like that keep the market from getting stale.
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:38 pm

Felix wrote:Oh you and your crazy fandom. Clearly if someone likes the game(s) then they are a fan of it, so they are doing something right if people enjoy it.
I love you
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TNine on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:39 pm

KristallNacht wrote:Gamers are able to acknowledge the good and bad things games brought to the table and realize that regardless of whether you think it's fun, the good things were still presented that need to be conserved.

Brink for instance, some hate it, some love it, but what any true gamer would acknowledge is that games like that keep the market from getting stale.
And then you woke up?

I mean, in terms of rarity, i put "rational people" up there with "unicorns", "aliens", and "girls". They may be out there, but i certainly haven't met one.
TNine
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Rational people, here? hell no
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:43 pm

Divine Virus wrote:Let's look at the bright side...

They could've called it H4LO. Razz
Careful, you might get abducted by 343 Studios for your talented by contrast idea making.
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:45 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:Rational people, here? hell no
Guffaw guffaw guffaw!

Talking about stuff makes people feel bad.
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:46 pm

TNine wrote:I mean, in terms of rarity, i put "rational people" up there with "unicorns", "aliens", and "girls". They may be out there, but i certainly haven't met one.

I lol'd Razz
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4571
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:49 pm

Ringleader wrote:Careful, you might get abducted by 343 Studios for your talented by contrast idea making.
*Gasp* It has happened before...

>.>

<.<

<.>
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:50 pm

Felix wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:

The same kind that coonsiders themself a Halo fan but doesn't care about the plot or canon at all.

Oh you and your crazy fandom. Clearly if someone likes the game(s) then they are a fan of it, so they are doing something right if people enjoy it.
People like Halo Wars fans? ES must have done a good job.

Fanboys are the people that are find with anything jingled in their face. FAN(s) are the people that don't want the series to suck. Like I said before, if the fanboys are just fine with anything and everything, it doesn't hurt to make the games NOT suck so the actual fans can be just fine with it too, right?
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Ringleader wrote:
Felix wrote:
Rotaretilbo wrote:

Fanboys are the people that are find with anything jingled in their face. FAN(s) are the people that don't want the series to suck. Like I said before, if the fanboys are just fine with anything and everything, it doesn't hurt to make the games NOT suck so the actual fans can be just fine with it too, right?

Yes, to those fans they did. To you, they did not, so you are not a fan of it.

From my time on the internet, I have seen many things. I have actually learned things (on the internet!? Crazy I know) from viewing forums and the such. Everything I have seen, with views, ideals, etc all vary from person to person, group to group but one thing has remained constant.

Fans (I guess fanboys/girls) are the most annoying and bitchy people I have ever seen. Believing their opinion is the correct one, and if I may be so bold, the enlightened one. We could spend days, maybe even weeks arguing about nothing, and you (in general) won't budge. You'll (in general sense again) stay planted in your one place and ignore everything that either you don't want to hear, or just ignore others views.

I know this will mean nothing to you, but I'll just say it anyway. I love Halo. It is one of my favorite game series/stories of all time. I enjoyed all of the games, yes even halo wars (not as much of course), all the books (I have read) and enjoyed the animated shorts. Does it make me any less of a fan for enjoying it? Does it make you more of a fan because you like less of it?

I accept the flaws in all of my favorite things, and instead of over exaggerating them, I look at the good and the fun it has brought me.

We are all entitled to our opinions, but claiming one's better than the other is not right.

I look forward to Halo 4 and I can't wait for it.
Felix
Banana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Meh.
Trailer was a disappointment, but I'm going to try and approach this one with an open mind. The same open mind I approached Halo: ODST with, even though Ringleader was talking about how terrible it was, and if I was to play it, I should rent it.

Master Chief's helmet looks ugly, but Frankie confirmed over on HBO (Because I'm the only Halo fan here who cares enough to browse over there) that they're working on it, but the improvements weren't ready in time for E3.

Since this is a teaser trailer, and not actual game footage, I'll take what we've seen (Jetpacks. UGH!) with a bucketful of salt. And several gallons of water. And a dialysis machine.
MY POINT IS, this is a teaser trailer, pre-rendered in the same fashion as the Starry Night trailer. Since it's an announcement trailer, and the game is still a year and a half from shipping, they have time to fix things.

Ringleader, the guys who did the Halo Wars cutscenes were Blur (They also did the CoH motion-comic cutscenes) not Blink. Don't know who did this trailer, but I can confirm that it wasn't the artists who worked on the HW cutscenes.

Rot...
I was going to say something, but I can't quite...
*looks at thread*
KrAzY. Sorry.
I knew that they were going to continue the Chief's story, ever since I heard about the legendary ending.
If Bungie wanted his story closed forever, they wouldn't have shown him drifting towards that construct.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:28 pm

Felix wrote:
Ringleader wrote:

Yes, to those fans they did. To you, they did not, so you are not a fan of it.
And? How does this in any way withdrawal my statement?

From my time on the internet, I have seen many things. I have actually learned things (on the internet!? Crazy I know) from viewing forums and the such. Everything I have seen, with views, ideals, etc all vary from person to person, group to group but one thing has remained constant.
Yes?

Fans (I guess fanboys/girls) are the most annoying and bitchy people I have ever seen. Believing their opinion is the correct one, and if I may be so bold, the enlightened one. We could spend days, maybe even weeks arguing about nothing, and you (in general) won't budge. You'll (in general sense again) stay planted in your one place and ignore everything that either you don't want to hear, or just ignore others views.
Fanboys =/= Fans, Fans care about the product enough to point out something when it makes no sense or is inconsistent with the universe. Fanboys on the other hand just want more stuff to spend money on and not think about. Halo Wars was made for fanboys, not fans, that's why, for the most part, TCF was made.

Also, by quoting everything you said word for word and responding to it, do I demonstrate your claim of 'ignoring everything that either you don't want to hear'? I guess your idea of 'ignoring' is 'not agreeing with.'

I know this will mean nothing to you, but I'll just say it anyway. I love Halo. It is one of my favorite game series/stories of all time. I enjoyed all of the games, yes even halo wars (not as much of course), all the books (I have read) and enjoyed the animated shorts. Does it make me any less of a fan for enjoying it? Does it make you more of a fan because you like less of it?
Lol, why would this make no sense to me? I liked Halo so much, I made a TC mod based on it, I guess that doesn't matter though...

Also, to answer your question, yes, because again, instead of just being cool with everything, I care enough about it to actually think about how the contradictions, retcons, and unescessary stylistic changes aren't worthy of the franchise or the fanbase.

I accept the flaws in all of my favorite things, and instead of over exaggerating them, I look at the good and the fun it has brought me.
Well, why accept the flaws exactly? When they're unnecessary I mean. I mean, you just pointed out that there are flaws in Halo right? Why not stand up and say something about it? That just encourages the developers to continue flaw making doesn't it? If you REALLY actually liked it, then you would of course not want it to get worse? And actually say no to things. If you wanted it to be BETTER, you would point out ways in which the game could be better right? Also, presumingly, the flaws that hold it back?

We are all entitled to our opinions, but claiming one's better than the other is not right.
Oh. I concede on the grounds of everyone having an opinion, and therefore no ones allowed to comment on other peoples opinion if it's incongruent to their preexisting views.

I look forward to Halo 4 and I can't wait for it.
Yeah, I know, it's uber epic and super sparkly, you know, fanboy material.

Rasq- Did I say ODST was terrible? I may have said you should rent it, but I'm sure what I actually said was more along the lines of it not bieng worth the 60 dollar price tag.
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:08 pm

Ringleader wrote:

I don't know what you mean. You asked if ES did a good job with Halo Wars, and I said yes for its fans.

Yes?

No...?

Fanboys =/= Fans, Fans care about the product enough to point out something when it makes no sense or is inconsistent with the universe. Fanboys on the other hand just want more stuff to spend money on and not think about. Halo Wars was made for fanboys, not fans

I see it in a different way. It's more like fanboy/girl = Fan, just in a different way. The "fans" bitch and moan when things don't go exactly the way they wanted it to go and "fanboys/girls" look at a name/brand and just get it.

Is there not a happy medium where you can see the flaws, accept it, and see how to improve or make it better for next time?

that's why, for the most part, TCF was made.

I just thought it was because we got bored with one forum, and made a new one.

Also, by quoting everything you said word for word and responding to it, do I demonstrate your claim of 'ignoring everything that either you don't want to hear'? I guess your idea of 'ignoring' is 'not agreeing with.'

Not in this EXACT moment. If something doesn't fit your standards, you'll dismiss it immediately without second thought. You won't budge. Although to be fair, I've seen you get a little flexible as of lately.

Lol, why would this make no sense to me? I liked Halo so much, I made a TC mod based on it, I guess that doesn't matter though...

I asked if it made me more or less of a fan for enjoying more of the material. The same was asked of you, but for enjoying less of it.

Also, to answer your question, yes, because again, instead of just being cool with everything, I care enough about it to actually think about how the contradictions, retcons, and unescessary stylistic changes aren't worthy of the franchise or the fanbase.

As I said before, you don't have to be cool with everything. There will always be something wrong to someone. I notice a lot of the things you notice.

Well, why accept the flaws exactly? When they're unnecessary I mean. I mean, you just pointed out that there are flaws in Halo right? Why not stand up and say something about it? That just encourages the developers to continue flaw making doesn't it? If you REALLY actually liked it, then you would of course not want it to get worse? And actually say no to things. If you wanted it to be BETTER, you would point out ways in which the game could be better right? Also, presumingly, the flaws that hold it back?

I can say something about it. I could write a very angry letter/note to *insert game company here* about how they ruined *insert series here*. However, most of the flaws I find are either miniscule in the long run, or possibly necessary changes that are easily over looked when only having a narrow minded path of mind. And not always do the flaws hold something back. It's more of a perspective view really. And just out of curiosity, is arguing about the flaws on a forum going to persuade the developers mindset? I mean, I love a good debate and all, but if I would want to voice my opinion about it, I would take it up with them through e-mail or something like that.

Hey, if it's fun to play and enjoyable to watch, call it what you wish.
Felix
Banana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:11 pm

Watching the trailer again, and I gotta say...

I like the way the iconic church chorus sounds at the end when the logo comes up. Don't know why but it just sounds cool to me.

It's the same as before, but just a little bit different.
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Do not let the music fool you.

The music will be wonderful.

The game, probably not.

Marty O'Donnel is a genoius, 343 isn't.
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:30 pm

I respectfully disagree.
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:34 pm

All you said that the music is good. Which it is, it always has been.

Content can be a bit* iffy.

*a lot
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Virus on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:36 pm

It being iffy depends on ones perspective.
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:04 pm

Felix wrote:
Ringleader wrote:

I don't know what you mean. You asked if ES did a good job with Halo Wars, and I said yes for its fans.
You don't know what I mean? Well, because you only quoted the first half of the original statement you had quoted fully before, you know, the part where I said that Halo Wars was basically just a game made for fanboys.

Yes?

No...?
No no no silly willy, you said this:
To which I responded: 'Yes?' As in I agreed, lot's of people on the internet have opinions, lol, your point bieng?

Fanboys =/= Fans, Fans care about the product enough to point out something when it makes no sense or is inconsistent with the universe. Fanboys on the other hand just want more stuff to spend money on and not think about. Halo Wars was made for fanboys, not fans

I see it in a different way. It's more like fanboy/girl = Fan, just in a different way. The "fans" bitch and moan when things don't go exactly the way they wanted it to go and "fanboys/girls" look at a name/brand and just get it.

Er, well, Fanboys are described as people that are totally loyal to a franchise, whether or not it was good, that's the mainstream definition, whereas a FAN is the same thing without the 'whether or not it was good' part.

Is there not a happy medium where you can see the flaws, accept it, and see how to improve or make it better for next time?
Er, these are admittedly flaws by both sides, right? It seems that the only reason there's a debate is because I'm willing enough to SAY that they're flaws.

that's why, for the most part, TCF was made.

I just thought it was because we got bored with one forum, and made a new one.
It wasn't because HWF was going to hell in a hand basket and Halo Wars was unsatisfactory while still in development?

Not in this EXACT moment. If something doesn't fit your standards, you'll dismiss it immediately without second thought. You won't budge. Although to be fair, I've seen you get a little flexible as of lately.

LOL, is there one person on this site that addresses more statements then I do? Is there a person that makes longer posts? with more quotations?

What have I dismissed? Again, your idea of dismissal is 'not agree with.'

I asked if it made me more or less of a fan for enjoying more of the material. The same was asked of you, but for enjoying less of it.

Ones level of fandom is not measured by how many flaws he's willing to reconcile, that's ones level of fanboyism. Enjoying it or disliking it is the result of accepting everything produced and not enjoying it because it should be better respectively and not being happy when the series when it clearly makes alterations for no good reason. The former does in fact show that you're not willing to either think about it, or contest these flaws, if you don't want it to be better or don't care, I consider that something that would make you less of a fan.

As I said before, you don't have to be cool with everything. There will always be something wrong to someone. I notice a lot of the things you notice.
Well, why aren't you willing to call foul on them? So at least Bungie or 343 actually KNOW their doing something stupid? Would a fan call them out on it? So they could at least have the chance to improve the game?

I can say something about it. I could write a very angry letter/note to *insert game company here* about how they ruined *insert series here*. However, most of the flaws I find are either miniscule in the long run, or possibly necessary changes that are easily over looked when only having a narrow minded path of mind. And not always do the flaws hold something back. It's more of a perspective view really. And just out of curiosity, is arguing about the flaws on a forum going to persuade the developers mindset? I mean, I love a good debate and all, but if I would want to voice my opinion about it, I would take it up with them through e-mail or something like that.
Flaws are additive, that's been my stance from the beginning, each and every flaw is as evil as the entire mass of them, each one is a defeat. I know that the purple v blue flop is minuscule, and that it wont really change anything, but by golly, it still sucks as much as anything!

Hey, if it's fun to play and enjoyable to watch, call it what you wish.
Based on everything we know about it, and what we've seen from this trailer, I don't know what would be worth betting on knowing the fate of the franchise is at stake.
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringleader on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:13 pm

Ya just gots tah look noticeably different, but not TOO different to where the majority of fanboys actually start seeing the problem.

But ya just GOTS tah look different! Why? Because ya just GOTS tah look different!
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RX on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:16 am

Wow, I thought I was through with halo, but the music at the end of the trailer kinda filled me with a shitload of nostalgia..

The thing that bugged me the most about the trailer was that he suddenly had that little jump-pack/jet-pack.
Which we haven't seen used in the three earlier games. Did he suddenly change the batteries in it or something?
RX
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2008-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top