Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Ringleader on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:18 am

LOL, look how everyones attacking My Prerogative...
avatar
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by dragoon9105 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:52 pm

Careful there i think you hurt someones feelings there with features that make rings argument null and void

But the Classic graphics will be cool, Me personally wouldn't need classic graphics since ive got Halo PC sitting around here somewhere but it would be nice to place Halo CE with the original graphics online Co-OP for once.
avatar
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by A_Bearded_Swede on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:46 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
Gauz wrote:No, but technically the game I would have bought is the same thing exccept with a makeover and some side MP stuff.

$20 extra for all that I guess.

and campaign co-op online, and achievements

don't forget all the maps

_________________



.:Live Life, Love Life:.
avatar
A_Bearded_Swede
Crimson Chef

Male Number of posts : 1743
Age : 24
Location : Jersey
Registration date : 2008-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Ringleader on Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:10 pm

dragoon9105 wrote:Careful there i think you hurt someones feelings there with features that make rings argument null and void

But the Classic graphics will be cool, Me personally wouldn't need classic graphics since ive got Halo PC sitting around here somewhere but it would be nice to place Halo CE with the original graphics online Co-OP for once.
Uh what? Have you been paying attention at all this thread? I was celebrating the classic mode.
avatar
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by CivBase on Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Ring... I know you're very much against them changing anything... but honestly, I'm not going to pay $60 for the game unless there are changes. I don't think many people will. So long as they leave the story alone and don't go super crazy with the art, I don't have a problem with them mixing up a few things.

_________________
avatar
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Ringleader on Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:46 pm

LOL, what changes are worth 60 dollars though? Purple to Blue? Regular Elites to Reach Elites, Marines to Reach Army Men? Master Chiefs suit?

I could swear I've been saying they should improve the graphics without changing things around, but I guess those 2 are the same thing here right?

Like, the one way to make Master chiefs suit look higher detail is to move the details and lights around his armor for no reason...


Like when he switches from old chief to new lamer looking chief, yeah it looks different, why though? Is it possible for things to look better without looking different in this universe?
avatar
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Vtrooper on Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:49 pm

I heard they said they made the Library Level easier...

it was a pain, but it was a fun scare me shitless because i'm 8 pain...
avatar
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Location : The reaches of Space
Registration date : 2008-07-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by CivBase on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:35 pm

The changes that are worth $60? A high-res version of my favorite game that comes with added online coop and multiplayer. THAT is what's worth $60.

_________________
avatar
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Vigil on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:37 pm

CivBase wrote:The changes that are worth $60? A high-res version of my favorite game that comes with added online coop and multiplayer. THAT is what's worth $60.

It's $40

Razz

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 27
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Vtrooper on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:38 pm

think they said $40 actually

Edit: DAMN IT VIGIL!
avatar
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Location : The reaches of Space
Registration date : 2008-07-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by CivBase on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:41 pm

All the more reason to buy it! Very Happy

_________________
avatar
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Vigil on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:43 pm

CivBase wrote:All the more reason to buy it! Very Happy

Agreed.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 27
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by dragoon9105 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:53 pm

I wouldn't mind if it was 40 or 60 really but 40 dollars is definatly better on my wallet. Very Happy
avatar
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Onyxknight on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:06 pm

that it is and vigil looks right about his assumption of it being the ODST to Reach since it just seems as it just adds the reach multiplayer by the looks of it and it am looking forward to this.
avatar
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Age : 23
Location : wherever i want to be....maybe in your house o.O
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:52 pm

Ringleader wrote:LOL, what changes are worth 60 dollars though? Purple to Blue? Regular Elites to Reach Elites, Marines to Reach Army Men? Master Chiefs suit?

I could swear I've been saying they should improve the graphics without changing things around, but I guess those 2 are the same thing here right?
Doing a darn fine job so far.

Ringleader wrote:Like, the one way to make Master chiefs suit look higher detail is to move the details and lights around his armor for no reason...


Like when he switches from old chief to new lamer looking chief, yeah it looks different, why though? Is it possible for things to look better without looking different in this universe?
Oddly enough, I don't make computer models. I don't texture. I don't animate.
Ringleader does.
And yet, I can spot a WIP that he can't.

Can somebody explain this to me?
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by dragoon9105 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:19 pm

Hmm wait a second looking over that video again, The assault rifle has its old 60 round clip, Anyone else notice that? That probably means the vintage pistol, Needler and shotgun also might make a return. Campain only i assume though.
avatar
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by KrAzY on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:39 pm

For campeign all of the original stuff is supposedly being restored.... hopefully that means a New AR model, as I really dislike the MA5K model that was used in reach
avatar
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3952
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Angatar on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:48 pm

Wasn't that some MA3-something, not MA5K?

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 21
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by CivBase on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:08 pm

I kinda liked that rifle >.>

_________________
avatar
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Divine Virus on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:14 pm

I liked the AR in Reach because it actually looked like a prototype or unfinished gun. Then the one you see in CE and 3 looks like the finished and polished product of said gun.

That's just me.
avatar
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 26
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Ringleader on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:39 pm

CivBase wrote:The changes that are worth $60? A high-res version of my favorite game that comes with added online coop and multiplayer. THAT is what's worth $60.
Obviously when you said "I don't have a problem with them mixing up a few things." You weren't referring to the HD aspects and coop multiplayer...

I assume you were referring to mixing up aesthetic changes, and story changes? You know, what we've been talking about this whole time.

I mean, I KNOW the HD aspects and the coop multiplayer are good additions, no one here has really contested them as far as I know, or said the game wasn't worth it for the GOOD additions. the bad additions and senseless alterations? That's an entirely differnt story.
avatar
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Ringleader on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:40 pm

Divine Virus wrote:I liked the AR in Reach because it actually looked like a prototype or unfinished gun. Then the one you see in CE and 3 looks like the finished and polished product of said gun.

That's just me.
The AR is a prototype too? The UNSC really needs to step up their game.
avatar
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Divine Virus on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:44 pm

Well I didn't mean that it actually was. I just meant it looked like they were maybe trying to remodel the weapon or something.

Point I was trying to make though was that Reach version looks of early stages and CE/3 looks of final product.

This is probably not what it is, I just like to think of it that way is all.
avatar
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 26
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Nocbl2 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Ringleader wrote:
CivBase wrote:The changes that are worth $60? A high-res version of my favorite game that comes with added online coop and multiplayer. THAT is what's worth $60.
Obviously when you said "I don't have a problem with them mixing up a few things." You weren't referring to the HD aspects and coop multiplayer...

I assume you were referring to mixing up aesthetic changes, and story changes? You know, what we've been talking about this whole time.

I mean, I KNOW the HD aspects and the coop multiplayer are good additions, no one here has really contested them as far as I know, or said the game wasn't worth it for the GOOD additions. the bad additions and senseless alterations? That's an entirely differnt story.
Uh, why WOULDN'T he have been referring to HD?

Since, you know , we've been talking about that this whole time...

Ringleader wrote:
Divine Virus wrote:I liked the AR in Reach because it actually looked like a prototype or unfinished gun. Then the one you see in CE and 3 looks like the finished and polished product of said gun.

That's just me.
The AR is a prototype too? The UNSC really needs to step up their game.
He said he liked it because the gun looked seemed to be more polished as the timeline progressed.
avatar
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4811
Age : 18
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Ringleader on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:
Ringleader wrote:
CivBase wrote:The changes that are worth $60? A high-res version of my favorite game that comes with added online coop and multiplayer. THAT is what's worth $60.
Obviously when you said "I don't have a problem with them mixing up a few things." You weren't referring to the HD aspects and coop multiplayer...

I assume you were referring to mixing up aesthetic changes, and story changes? You know, what we've been talking about this whole time.

I mean, I KNOW the HD aspects and the coop multiplayer are good additions, no one here has really contested them as far as I know, or said the game wasn't worth it for the GOOD additions. the bad additions and senseless alterations? That's an entirely differnt story.
Uh, why WOULDN'T he have been referring to HD?

Since, you know , we've been talking about that this whole time...
Well, because preceding posts as well as the bulk of them made in regards to differences between CE and the Anniversary including the one I made that he responded to dealt with it.

Also, nowhere has the HD component of the Anniversary edition been described as a change in the frame of all our conversations had on the subject. Purple to Blue, Aliens magically changing shape, Marines changing shape from being on a space ship, yes, that is "mixing up a few things." HD graphics, not really.

Ringleader wrote:
Divine Virus wrote:I liked the AR in Reach because it actually looked like a prototype or unfinished gun. Then the one you see in CE and 3 looks like the finished and polished product of said gun.

That's just me.
The AR is a prototype too? The UNSC really needs to step up their game.
He said he liked it because the gun looked seemed to be more polished as the timeline progressed.
Yeah, and?

What exactly is your point? I wasn't disputing that the old one looked like a prototype or that the newer ones looked polished, I was merely commenting on the lengths most will go to reconcile frivolous, unnecessary and illogical changes, when it's basically JUST the devs wanting to add polys in the wrong way, changing the overall design and then calling it a prototype of something, instead of just upping the detail.
avatar
Ringleader
Crimson Muse

Male Number of posts : 1993
Age : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum