Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by KristallNacht on Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:47 pm

Nocbl2 wrote:Bungie doesn't own Marathon or Halo, so...

yeahno

they own Marathon...
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Rotaretilbo on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:15 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:Does that include a loss of FTL?

To my knowledge, the only ship we know to not possess FTL capabilities is the Marathon. But the humans in Marathon have teleportation technology, which is practically applied FTL travel on a smaller scale. The specific dates don't always add up, but then, the dates within the Haloverse itself don't really add up, either.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:No, I don't. Could you enlighten me?

Sadly, it was four years ago and I don't remember specifics. I just remember it being a really big deal towards the end of the "golden year" of HWF. Halo 3 came out and we found out that certain things Bungie had specifically denied were actually in the game, and then used that premise to argue that the Flood could be present in the game, despite having been denied originally, or something to that extent. I think it involved the Ark, but again, I don't remember specifically.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Angatar on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Jeez, all this because I thought 343i handled Anniversary correctly..

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 21
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by CivBase on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:38 pm

Angatar wrote:Jeez, all this because I thought 343i handled Anniversary correctly..
How DARE you say something positive about the direction of a great franchise. SHAME ON YOU! SHAME!

_________________
avatar
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Rotaretilbo on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Angatar wrote:Jeez, all this because I thought 343i handled Anniversary correctly..

You mean all this because you thought that because 343 handled Anniversary correctly, that Halo 4 would be awesome. Because no one is denying that 343 handled Anniversary correctly. We're just questioning whether that was a particularly difficult task. "Update graphics, throw in a few terminals, sell at full price" isn't exactly what I call a challenge.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Nocbl2 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:19 pm

KristallNacht wrote:
Nocbl2 wrote:Bungie doesn't own Marathon or Halo, so...

yeahno

they own Marathon...
Did they not sell it off? I swore they did...

Hm. I must investigate it.
avatar
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4811
Age : 18
Location : California
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Divine Virus on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:21 pm

If I could thrown in my 2 cents. I agree with what Bacon said. They did what they said they were going to do. Nothing more, nothing less so I don't see why a "good job 343" is out of the question. This release wasn't a hard task but they did do a good job, simple and easy project or not.

Of course all the real judgement will come forth once Halo 4 is released but in the mean time, they seem to be getting a pretty good start so far. All be it small, but still good none the less.

People are gonna be REALLY hard on them with anything they do with the series, but I'm just glad to see it doesn't seem to effecting them negatively that much. Rather helping them make some better decisions. Yeah, I know that's a lot to say after just one re-packing of a 10 year old game but, I say this after playing Reach when in their control, talking to them at PAX's Halo Fest, playing Halo: CEA and seeing how they're handling Waypoint.

To me, they're doing good so far. I hope they keep it up. Here's hoping.



avatar
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 26
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Angatar on Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:33 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Angatar wrote:Jeez, all this because I thought 343i handled Anniversary correctly..

You mean all this because you thought that because 343 handled Anniversary correctly, that Halo 4 would be awesome. Because no one is denying that 343 handled Anniversary correctly. We're just questioning whether that was a particularly difficult task. "Update graphics, throw in a few terminals, sell at full price" isn't exactly what I call a challenge.
I've asked for an HD remake of Combat Evolved since 2007. I didn't ask for a reimagining, hell, I don't think anyone did. They gave us that. People wanted changes to Reach, they gave us those. Reach and Anniversary are warmups to Halo 4, and they are showing that they care about what they're doing.

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 21
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:Does that include a loss of FTL?

To my knowledge, the only ship we know to not possess FTL capabilities is the Marathon. But the humans in Marathon have teleportation technology, which is practically applied FTL travel on a smaller scale.
And yet it's impossible for the Covenant to possess teleportation tech?
*Glares at Ringleader's empty seat*

Rotaretilbo wrote:The specific dates don't always add up, but then, the dates within the Haloverse itself don't really add up, either.
Meh. One of these days, I'll have to pick up Marathon and see what it's all about. The thing is, another one of my friends claimed that Marathon was too different from Halo in the nature of the government and timelines, and so any crossovers between the two would be Alternate Universe rather than Alternate Continuity.

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:No, I don't. Could you enlighten me?

Sadly, it was four years ago and I don't remember specifics. I just remember it being a really big deal towards the end of the "golden year" of HWF. Halo 3 came out and we found out that certain things Bungie had specifically denied were actually in the game, and then used that premise to argue that the Flood could be present in the game, despite having been denied originally, or something to that extent.[/quote]
Don't remember much of that. Most of what I remember were rants about how Uprising didn't mesh with Halo 3 and general dissatisfaction with the story.

Interestingly enough, ES never said that the Flood wouldn't be in Halo Wars. They just mentioned that they worked with Bungie (Lies) to ensure that they didn't do something crazy like have the Flood break out on Earth in 2525. Later, when somebody asked "Holy Crap" if the Flood were going to be in-game, he smiled, paused, and said "It's going to be a full Halo game."

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:I think it involved the Ark, but again, I don't remember specifically.
Heh. I just remember a lot of disappointed people whining that the Ark wasn't on Earth. I know that's how I felt, initially.
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by dragoon9105 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:50 pm

I think bungie lets you download marathon for free on their site, don't quote me on that but nonetheless worth noteing.
avatar
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Gold Spartan on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:17 pm

its completely free on their site, yes.
avatar
Gold Spartan
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 3405
Age : 21
Location : Kentucky, where else?
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile http://www.fftu.info/forum/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Rotaretilbo on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Angatar wrote:I've asked for an HD remake of Combat Evolved since 2007. I didn't ask for a reimagining, hell, I don't think anyone did. They gave us that. People wanted changes to Reach, they gave us those. Reach and Anniversary are warmups to Halo 4, and they are showing that they care about what they're doing.

So because they can patch an existing game and update graphics of an existing game, they are clearly fully capable of making a completely new game in a series that the previous company intentionally tried to prevent such a new game from occurring?

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:44 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Angatar wrote:I've asked for an HD remake of Combat Evolved since 2007. I didn't ask for a reimagining, hell, I don't think anyone did. They gave us that. People wanted changes to Reach, they gave us those. Reach and Anniversary are warmups to Halo 4, and they are showing that they care about what they're doing.

So because they can patch an existing game and update graphics of an existing game, they are clearly fully capable of making a completely new game in a series that the previous company intentionally tried to prevent such a new game from occurring?
You still don't have any proof for that.
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Rotaretilbo on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Bungie explicitly stated that there would be no further games with John-117 as the protagonist and that Halo 3 was the last game in the John-117 story arc. And then they leave him floating in a ship just outside the edge of the galaxy with no way to get home. Barring actually killing him, that's pretty much as dead as it gets.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by dragoon9105 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:38 pm

They said it would be the last game Bungie would make staring the Master Chief. Microsoft owns the IP after all.
avatar
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:Bungie explicitly stated that there would be no further games with John-117 as the protagonist and that Halo 3 was the last game in the John-117 story arc. And then they leave him floating in a ship just outside the edge of the galaxy with no way to get home. Barring actually killing him, that's pretty much as dead as it gets.
And then they leave him outside a massive, possibly Forerunner, installation as if to say "To be continued!"

Alright, who's going to go dig through the old interviews? Anybody with spare time on their hands?
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Felix on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:28 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
Alright, who's going to go dig through the old interviews? Anybody with spare time on their hands?

If you're on this website, you have time to spare.
avatar
Felix
Banana

Male Number of posts : 2076
Age : 24
Location : Unlocking Alchemy
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Lord Pheonix on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:55 pm

Is there any examples of their ability to write stories?




Cause if Bungie said they wouldn't bring him back and this studio is bringing him back then there is 0% bungie story in here.

_________________

avatar
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:00 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:Is there any examples of their ability to write stories?

Cause if Bungie said they wouldn't bring him back and this studio is bringing him back then there is 0% bungie story in here.
Well, there was that story written by Frankie in Evolutions. Mostly, what 343i has done in-house has been smaller stuff, like the Adjuncts in the novel re-releases.
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:30 am

ntm, the Master Chief still looks awkward in Halo CEA....so.....yeah......
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Angatar on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Angatar wrote:I've asked for an HD remake of Combat Evolved since 2007. I didn't ask for a reimagining, hell, I don't think anyone did. They gave us that. People wanted changes to Reach, they gave us those. Reach and Anniversary are warmups to Halo 4, and they are showing that they care about what they're doing.

So because they can patch an existing game and update graphics of an existing game, they are clearly fully capable of making a completely new game in a series that the previous company intentionally tried to prevent such a new game from occurring?
Yes, making Reach more fun and making CE look nice is giving me faith in them. That's all I ask for pretty much in a game. A good looking fun game is what every needs.

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 21
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Lord Pheonix on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:08 pm

I can forget graphics after a little while, can't forget shitty story.

_________________

avatar
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by dragoon9105 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:49 pm

Games can be fun without a story, I got a kick out of borderlands and i forgot there was even a main plot 10 minutes in.
avatar
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by KrAzY on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:56 pm

gameplay is the core. story and graphics take a back seat to gameplay.... even so that doesn't change my greviances with your claim that just because they painted CE a new color and patched reach that they have the capability to make a Fun to play, well executed game. let alone have it seamlessly fit with Bungie's Halo Universe that ALREADY DOESN'T FIT WITH ITSELF
avatar
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3952
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by dragoon9105 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:10 pm

That is why its wiser to take a wait and see policy instead of bashing it before its out or instantly buying it on release.
avatar
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum