Stolen Elections?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stolen Elections?

Post by Death no More on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:36 am

I saw this on reddit earlier today and read it, I'm not sure if the article is factual or has some spin/conspiracy theory bullshit in it. The fact that the tech firms running the tabulators can alter the amount of votes without anyone knowing is in itself something to worry about.
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2178
Registration date : 2009-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stolen Elections?

Post by tiny tim on Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:44 am

And people counting ballots by hand can easily misreport them. This is really just a new manifestation of an old problem.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski on Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:20 pm

tiny tim wrote:And people counting ballots by hand can easily misreport them. This is really just a new manifestation of an old problem.

Doesn't make it any less of a problem though. If a high-value state like that can be altered to such a high degree as it suggests, then it is a very big problem.
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:36 pm

if the GOP was stealing elections then they would have stolen the 2008 election... not the 2004 election...

people just like to bitch and moan and not admit that they voted for bush is 2004 because Kerry was a flip/flopping liar who was only saying what people wanted to hear because Bush was unpopular.
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3952
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:51 pm

This is definitely a problem, but I think the worse problem is that all the people we could elect suck, and that no one knows shit about independent parties. Also the fact that the average Honest Abe couldn't become a senator (when that was the purpose of the system), because it costs millions to run a campaign.
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4811
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:38 pm

Death no More wrote:I saw this on reddit earlier today and read it, I'm not sure if the article is factual or has some spin/conspiracy theory bullshit in it. The fact that the tech firms running the tabulators can alter the amount of votes without anyone knowing is in itself something to worry about.
While I'm not surprised that E-voting isn't as secure as the companies claim, I'm going to call tricky buggers on this article. Mainly because of the unprofessional opening to the article (Although, given recent journalistic standards, maybe it isn't too bad) but mostly because "A 6.7% deviation from exit polls just doesn't happen."

Yeah. Right.
A 6.7% shift from exit polls can happen when YOU DO THE SURVEYS WRONG, and those surveys are a hell of a lot less accurate than the actual voting process. Otherwise, we'd be using those exit polls to elect our representatives.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:46 pm

I would have taken the article more seriously if it weren't for this paragraph:

"...they will shake their fists and mutter one name: George Effin' Bush.

Ironically, it won't be for any of the things that liberals have been harping on the Bush Administration, either during or after his term in office. Sure, misguided tax cuts that destroyed the surplus, and lax regulations that doomed the economy, and two amazingly awful wars in deserts half a world away are all terrible, empire-sapping events. But they pale in comparison to what it appears the Republican Party did to get President Bush re-elected in 2004."

He's making baseless accusations and has already demonstrated that he maintains a hate for Bush and his policies. That gives him very little credibility in my book.

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:14 pm

CivBase wrote:He's making baseless accusations and has already demonstrated that he maintains a hate for Bush and his policies. That gives him very little credibility in my book.
I know. It's like those 9-11 Truthers.
I'd pay attention to their theories, and help them put a schematic together to help me understand the convoluted story they're pushing as fact. But when they're using "Scheming, election-usurping weasel face" as a synonym for George W. Bush, it's pretty clear that they're trying to fit the facts to support their own preconceived notions.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More on Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:18 am

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:
CivBase wrote:He's making baseless accusations and has already demonstrated that he maintains a hate for Bush and his policies. That gives him very little credibility in my book.
I know. It's like those 9-11 Truthers.
I'd pay attention to their theories, and help them put a schematic together to help me understand the convoluted story they're pushing as fact. But when they're using "Scheming, election-usurping weasel face" as a synonym for George W. Bush, it's pretty clear that they're trying to fit the facts to support their own preconceived notions.
Besides the evident fact of his bias, he doesn't really present any hard information that someone tampered with the 2004 elections. It's more of a "what if" type of thing since the main point he brings up is that the votes can be altered even though that doesn't mean they were.
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:54 pm

So guys I saw this at the top of reddit today.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1thcO_olHas

Very, Very bad....
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny tim on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:37 pm

Watched some of the other videos from that channel, and it seems they are mostly about twisting info to make things seem worse. Like they have a video of soldiers shooting "live ammo" at innocent prisoners, when they were actually firing rubber bullets into a riot.

tiny tim
Crimson Cripple

Male Number of posts : 1762
Registration date : 2009-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:57 am

tiny tim wrote:Watched some of the other videos from that channel, and it seems they are mostly about twisting info to make things seem worse. Like they have a video of soldiers shooting "live ammo" at innocent prisoners, when they were actually firing rubber bullets into a riot.
Well I haven't had the time to watch the video yet, it could very well be exaggerated or twisted to make it look worse. I think we'd need more people to come forward or hard evidence before I could take it seriously.

Edit:

I watched the video, I recommend you guys watch this as well. If half of what he is saying is true then it's a real possibility that some states had there Presidential elections rigged. This should be looked into more closely at least, the possibility of it being true is scary.
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:09 am

Rule 1: Don't trust Reddit for your news

Rule 2: Read Rule: 1 again

Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Death no More on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:04 pm

I know this, I'm not blindly believing it. I would have to see hard evidence of it happening before it would be true.
Death no More
Lord's Personal Minion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top