Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by Vigil on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:25 am

http://www.destructoid.com/bioware-writer-s-vagina-versus-the-internet-222206.phtml

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by Ruski on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:20 pm

I agree that Bioware has been on the decline. I, imo, think she is dumb to choose the video game field to write stories if she doesn't like to play video games and also suggests making combat skipable (it isn't a game then. Its more movie then anything.)

But personal attacks on her don't help anything and her personal attacks back just add to the fire and almost say that she was asking for it at that point.

Btw, Reddit did blow things with her way out of proportion. I was there when it all went down.
avatar
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1217
Age : 22
Location : Canton, Ohio
Registration date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by CivBase on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:37 pm

I'm fine with what BioWare did with ME3 - allowing for three different game styles (story, role-playing, or action).

What's wrong with being interested in a story told through an interactive media? Certainly there's nothing wrong with that. As long as quality gameplay is still available and easily accessible, nobody should care. They're not loosing anything; it's just a feature.

Besides if all you want is fighting, games don't need anything more than a survival mode and PvP multiplayer.

People need to get a grip on themselves. Maybe it's a GOOD thing that people's Facebook profiles are being attached to everything. At least now their accountability will be attached to a name.

_________________
avatar
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:04 pm

ntm the games from bioware lately that have had issues had issues completely unrelated to the writing....

Dragon Age 2's issues were from repetitive areas, NOT from story. And with the release of Skyrim, we know there was no good reason why they had so few areas.

The issues people argue about over Mass Effect 1 and 2 are NOT the story, as well.

And about not playing video games and writing for them. Writing for a video game is better than for a movie or TV show, as its a whole lot longer than a movie, and there isn't as much pressure to make sure it leads into more seasons and shit.
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by Vigil on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:17 pm

KristallNacht wrote:ntm the games from bioware lately that have had issues had issues completely unrelated to the writing....

Dragon Age 2's issues were from repetitive areas, NOT from story. And with the release of Skyrim, we know there was no good reason why they had so few areas.

The issues people argue about over Mass Effect 1 and 2 are NOT the story, as well.

And about not playing video games and writing for them. Writing for a video game is better than for a movie or TV show, as its a whole lot longer than a movie, and there isn't as much pressure to make sure it leads into more seasons and shit.

To be fair, some of the writing in DA2 was pretty bad. Like that last act makes no Lord Pheonix-damn sense and everybody goes snooker loopy for no reason.

Anders was a clear case of it; going from the comic relief in Awakening to a psychopathic bipolar lunatic in DA2.

It wasn't the only problem, with the gameplay being a lot worse, but for some reason people have come to blame that for it's problems and have turned her into a scapegoat.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by Vtrooper on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Personally, i think everyone was way out of line on this one.
avatar
Vtrooper
Crimson Henchmen

Male Number of posts : 2885
Location : The reaches of Space
Registration date : 2008-07-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by Lord Pheonix on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:36 pm

The internet reacted the same as always.

Not sure why people are surprised.

_________________

avatar
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by Vigil on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:43 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:The internet reacted the same as always.

Not sure why people are surprised.

Not surprised, doesn't make it right though.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by Lord Pheonix on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:51 pm

Oh Lord Pheonix! The internet is bitching about the changes a new game has done from the old game!


Their claiming it's not as good as the old game!!!


They miss old stuff!!!


AND THEIR MAKING FUN OF WOMEN ONLINE?!?!?!





WHAT HAS HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!??!

_________________

avatar
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by Vigil on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:55 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:Oh Lord Pheonix! The internet is bitching about the changes a new game has done from the old game!


Their claiming it's not as good as the old game!!!


They miss old stuff!!!


AND THEIR MAKING FUN OF WOMEN ONLINE?!?!?!





WHAT HAS HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Yes, it happens all the time. I said as much before. But you have to admit it's stupid.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by CivBase on Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:01 pm

KristallNacht wrote:The issues people argue about over Mass Effect 1 and 2 are NOT the story, as well.
That may not be what people are upset about, but my mind was certainly changed a bit after reading this article a while back.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/experienced-points/8868-What-s-Wrong-with-Mass-Effect-2

Mass Effect has a great feeling, and a cool concept - but the story does have a lot of plot holes when you think about it. I suppose it's unavoidable with a story as massive and integrated as Mass Effect, but it still kind of sits in the back of your mind when you play.

_________________
avatar
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by Lord Pheonix on Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:18 pm

At one point they fed colonists to the thresher maw in order to test the effects of feeding colonists to a thresher maw.

hehe

_________________

avatar
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Personally, I liked how Cerberus was fleshed out in the second game, but they didn't seem too Evil Stupid in the original. Sure, they were after super-soldiers Rolling Eyes and were doing a lot of "For Science!" nonsense, but I've seen worse.

As for the guy from the Escapist... Bit of an idiot, isn't he? I mean, that last bit on Page 2 looks like insane troll logic.
-Ok, so the mission on the Collector ship was stupid, no arguments.
-The thing about the scientists on the derelict Reaper is, even the Protheans misunderstood or underestimated the Reaper's indoctrination. Personally, I was somewhat surprised that even an eons-dead Reaper could... dream...
-At the Collector base, it makes perfect sense to blow it up. Wasn't the guy paying attention to what happened whenever anybody else in the game stumbled across a Reaper artifact and held onto it for a while?
-I haven't taken that dialog choice yet, but if Cerberus gets the Collector base, it's because you handed it over to them, right? They didn't take it from you.
-As for destroying the Omega Relay... The Reapers are out there, they want in, and destroying that relay is going to do nothing to stop them.

Finally, I read what the fandom was doing to that woman last night. -1 for Humanity.
avatar
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Age : 27
Location : Follow the cold shivers running down your spine.
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:56 pm

He seems to really be focusing on certain aspects of it and ignoring things that make them more reasonable.

It's the same with all Scifi. At least its not as blatant as Halo. It's mostly holes based on inferring information as opposed to OH THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED being changed to THAT NEVER HAPPENED
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by Angatar on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:52 pm

Blowing up the Omega 4 relay would kill millions of people, something Arrival paints as very bad, and the spawn camping thing is pretty stupid. One collector ship is able to nearly destroy the Normandy several times, and it is being flown by one of the best pilots in the galaxy. The pilots in the Terminus Systems have no fleets of advanced warships necessary to destroy the Collectors AND defend against Citadel Space. That author is missing some things in the game.

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 22
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by CivBase on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:35 pm

The guy said several times that he liked the game a lot and still thought the story was good. He said time and time again that he liked BioWare and their work, he was just concerned with some plot holes.

_________________
avatar
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by Vigil on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:11 am

Angatar wrote:Blowing up the Omega 4 relay would kill millions of people, something Arrival paints as very bad, and the spawn camping thing is pretty stupid. One collector ship is able to nearly destroy the Normandy several times, and it is being flown by one of the best pilots in the galaxy. The pilots in the Terminus Systems have no fleets of advanced warships necessary to destroy the Collectors AND defend against Citadel Space. That author is missing some things in the game.

The purpose of destroying the Relay given in Arrival is it would delay the Reapers by a months or even years. Mass Relay travel is the main way to get around as FTL drives can only take you so far.

It's the same reason why the Reaper's plan is based around the Mass Relays as it a vital network for traversing the galaxy quickly and why the central hub of those relays (The Citadel) is the first point of attack in most invasions.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by Angatar on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:41 pm

Vigil wrote:
Angatar wrote:Blowing up the Omega 4 relay would kill millions of people, something Arrival paints as very bad, and the spawn camping thing is pretty stupid. One collector ship is able to nearly destroy the Normandy several times, and it is being flown by one of the best pilots in the galaxy. The pilots in the Terminus Systems have no fleets of advanced warships necessary to destroy the Collectors AND defend against Citadel Space. That author is missing some things in the game.

The purpose of destroying the Relay given in Arrival is it would delay the Reapers by a months or even years. Mass Relay travel is the main way to get around as FTL drives can only take you so far.

It's the same reason why the Reaper's plan is based around the Mass Relays as it a vital network for traversing the galaxy quickly and why the central hub of those relays (The Citadel) is the first point of attack in most invasions.
I don't see your point.

Blowing up the Omega 4 relay would destroy Omega and millions of people, far more than Shepard did in Arrival. Is stopping the Collectors really worth millions of lives when the Normandy crew is going to destroy the Collectors personally?

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 22
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by Lord Pheonix on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:46 pm

Angatar wrote:
Vigil wrote:
Angatar wrote:Blowing up the Omega 4 relay would kill millions of people, something Arrival paints as very bad, and the spawn camping thing is pretty stupid. One collector ship is able to nearly destroy the Normandy several times, and it is being flown by one of the best pilots in the galaxy. The pilots in the Terminus Systems have no fleets of advanced warships necessary to destroy the Collectors AND defend against Citadel Space. That author is missing some things in the game.

The purpose of destroying the Relay given in Arrival is it would delay the Reapers by a months or even years. Mass Relay travel is the main way to get around as FTL drives can only take you so far.

It's the same reason why the Reaper's plan is based around the Mass Relays as it a vital network for traversing the galaxy quickly and why the central hub of those relays (The Citadel) is the first point of attack in most invasions.
I don't see your point.

Blowing up the Omega 4 relay would destroy Omega and millions of people, far more than Shepard did in Arrival. Is stopping the Collectors really worth millions of lives when the Normandy crew is going to destroy the Collectors personally?



With losses ranging in the 0-8 range

_________________

avatar
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by Vigil on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:38 pm

Angatar wrote:
Vigil wrote:
Angatar wrote:Blowing up the Omega 4 relay would kill millions of people, something Arrival paints as very bad, and the spawn camping thing is pretty stupid. One collector ship is able to nearly destroy the Normandy several times, and it is being flown by one of the best pilots in the galaxy. The pilots in the Terminus Systems have no fleets of advanced warships necessary to destroy the Collectors AND defend against Citadel Space. That author is missing some things in the game.

The purpose of destroying the Relay given in Arrival is it would delay the Reapers by a months or even years. Mass Relay travel is the main way to get around as FTL drives can only take you so far.

It's the same reason why the Reaper's plan is based around the Mass Relays as it a vital network for traversing the galaxy quickly and why the central hub of those relays (The Citadel) is the first point of attack in most invasions.
I don't see your point.

Blowing up the Omega 4 relay would destroy Omega and millions of people, far more than Shepard did in Arrival. Is stopping the Collectors really worth millions of lives when the Normandy crew is going to destroy the Collectors personally?

Really depends if you talking about stopping the reapers or stopping the collectors. If it was just the collectors, I agree completely.

The Reapers however would kill trillions in range of the Omega 4 relay if they had access to it. In that circumstance, I'd be more inclined to blow it up.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by Angatar on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:20 pm

It was known that the Reapers were in dark space and the Collectors originate from the center of the galaxy. Unless the Reapers had a relay from dark space to the center of the galaxy, which makes the Citadel pointless, then you can only stop the Collectors with the relay.

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 22
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by Vigil on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Angatar wrote:It was known that the Reapers were in dark space and the Collectors originate from the center of the galaxy. Unless the Reapers had a relay from dark space to the center of the galaxy, which makes the Citadel pointless, then you can only stop the Collectors with the relay.

Then I agree with your point whole heartedly.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by dragoon9105 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:41 pm

Don't seem to understand the argument regarding the reaper IFF, If shepherd told everyone about the reaper that would throw the plot so off the rails it would reach the moon before getting back together. Not that people would believe it i mean one didn't fly right up to the citadel or anything. I can already predict the explanation "Shepherd merely found another Geth Super ship nothing to worry about everybody"

Also blowing up the omega 4 relay means nothing becuase the whole original premise of the mission is find out what the fuck the collectors are doing with the crap they collect. And if its worth old sheps time to blow up, And it is considering its a damn
Spoiler:
Reaper Factory
and giving it to anyone is a horrible idea. Since something that valuable would easily start a war with terminus (Since the only entrance is right outside omega) and a war is the last thing citadel space needs with an army of bloodthirsty reapers coming for it.
avatar
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bioware VS. angry fans on twitter and reddit.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum