Battlefield 4

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Battlefield 4

Post by Vigil on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:02 am


_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Lord Pheonix on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:06 am

Didn't..........didn't Battlefield 3 just come out a little while ago?



Then again if the beta is for next year then the actual game won't be out till 2013 or 2014.


Still seems like they announced it WAY to fucking early.

_________________

avatar
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Vigil on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:08 am

Lord Pheonix wrote:Didn't..........didn't Battlefield 3 just come out a little while ago?



Then again if the beta is for next year then the actual game won't be out till 2013 or 2014.


Still seems like they announced it WAY to fucking early.

Last Battlefield came out last autumn.

Beta is next Autumn.

Call me crazy but I'd assume it would come out Autumn 2014 (Or go March, as that seems to be the recent trend).

So about 2 years, which is the development time of a COD sequel.

So things look promising don't they?

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Lord Pheonix on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:13 am

Having the development time of a CoD game is not what I would consider a plus. Shit just gets repetitive and they release the same game for 60 bucks when they very well could just release new weapons and new maps for 10-20 dollars as DLC.

_________________

avatar
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Angatar on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:42 am

Battlefield 1942 - 2002
Battlefield Vietnam - 2004
Battlefield 2 - 2005
Battlefield 2142 - 2006
Bad Company - 2008
Bad Company 2 - 2010
Battlefield 3 - 2011

Two years doesn't really mean too much if they put effort into it. I'm dissappointed it's not 2143 more than anything else.

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 22
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Vigil on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:30 am

Angatar wrote:Battlefield 1942 - 2002
Battlefield Vietnam - 2004
Battlefield 2 - 2005
Battlefield 2142 - 2006
Bad Company - 2008
Bad Company 2 - 2010
Battlefield 3 - 2011

Two years doesn't really mean too much if they put effort into it. I'm dissappointed it's not 2143 more than anything else.

Well, I just find it curious that they took a six year break from numbered sequels, only to go back to it later. I thought they'd do Bad Company 3 before they went for 4.

Anyway I never played the Battlefield 3 beta, but I vaguely recall it being out not long before the game came out (I think it ended 2-3 weeks before the main game came out) so could that mean a 2013 release?

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by dragoon9105 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:17 am

I thought it would be BC 3 also Before 4. Or 2143. The Fact that they are doing Battlefield Four before either is rather disgusting since its just keeps up with EA's "YEA WERE NOT COMPETETING WITH ACTIVISION AT ALL, Serious, True story Razz " Stance which is getting very tiresome.

Didn't they just freaking announce premium also? now i'm sure as hell not getting premium cause i know my new maps are going to be obsolete the year after anyway. I'll just keep waiting for someone to make a FPS Starcraft custom game. Very Happy
avatar
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Ruski on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:20 am

IICR, they said they wanted to try to do a cycle of MoH one year, BF the next.
avatar
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1217
Age : 22
Location : Canton, Ohio
Registration date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by dragoon9105 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:28 am

So The call of duty cycle. Bit late to the party since that style of FPS releasing seems to have peaked at this point.
avatar
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:09 pm

but they haven't even released 3 of the map packs....


ntm, i don't see how making a new one is going to do any good...since the graphics and general gameplay are already the best. I'd rather they make a super expansion like Vietnam....except as 2143
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by CivBase on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Honestly... I really don't need another. I didn't think 3 was that great.

_________________
avatar
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by KristallNacht on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:02 pm

compared to what? and as what?

yeah, its not that great of a driving simulator, or medical training program, but its definitely the single best all-around shooter on modern consoles.
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Gauz on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:16 pm



Oh gee I'm excited
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by CivBase on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:42 pm

KristallNacht wrote:compared to what? and as what?

yeah, its not that great of a driving simulator, or medical training program, but its definitely the single best all-around shooter on modern consoles.
Compared to Halo 3? Or Bad Company? Or a lot of things, actually. I thought it was just meh.

It's near the top for recent and upcoming shooters, but that's not saying much.

_________________
avatar
CivBase
Adbot

Male Number of posts : 7336
Location : Etchisketchistan
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Divine Virus on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Again, I find it funny Vigil that you're the one to make the BF4 thread. Really I think you just make it so you can rant about EA/the game coming out too soon etc. And If I am wrong about that, then I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

...but I still think it's funny. Anyway yeah, it is getting pretty discouraging for games nowadays to be anounced before there DLC even makes it out. As long as the games good I guess I won't say much but it being good is still pretty subjective. IDK really. I was hoping the whole 'leaked BF4 announcement' thing was just a hoax. But I enjoy BF3 very much so, I still welcome a new BF.

(was hoping it was 2143 or BC3) >.<
avatar
Divine Virus
Crimson Epidemic

Male Number of posts : 3125
Age : 27
Location : Seattle, WA
Registration date : 2008-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Gauz on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 pm

I heard Spec-Ops the line was a kick ass shooter. Compare it to that and it'll probably suck.

Especially since Spec ops has a rare thing called plot.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by dragoon9105 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:40 pm

yes but from what i heard Spec Ops the Line multiplayer isn't it's strong point. People play battlefield For multiplayer so the comparison has no real value there.
avatar
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Gauz on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:08 pm

Sure, I guess.

but Battlefield still tries, so you can still compare them.
Story > multiplayer
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Angatar on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:29 pm

Gauz wrote:Sure, I guess.

but Battlefield still tries, so you can still compare them.
Story > multiplayer
Story is more important in games than multiplayer? I think that depends entirely on which game and the person.

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 22
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Gauz on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:42 pm

A game is always more reliable with a good story, because you can always replay that. Multiplayer is iffy, because your investment could easily die out if the community is either shit or the game just dies.

It does depend on the person too. I prefer a good story usually over the repetitiveness over multiplayer. THAT IS unless the game is designed soley for the multiplayer, and makes it the main feature. So that justifies my love for Shadowrun and LoL.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by dragoon9105 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:21 am

However, this is battlefield, Which only has single player because EA forces dice to bother with it so nobody can say it doesn't have it and thus potentially lose sales.
avatar
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Angatar on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:39 am

Gauz wrote:A game is always more reliable with a good story, because you can always replay that. Multiplayer is iffy, because your investment could easily die out if the community is either shit or the game just dies.

It does depend on the person too. I prefer a good story usually over the repetitiveness over multiplayer. THAT IS unless the game is designed soley for the multiplayer, and makes it the main feature. So that justifies my love for Shadowrun and LoL.
Battlefield became popular for it's multiplayer, and there was never a plot until Bad Company. Even then, unless they had no internet connection I doubt many players played the campaign over and over again, and even fewer played it more than multiplayer. Multiplayer has much more replayability than singeplayer, and considering how well done and popular Battlefield multiplayer is, it's not really going to die out any time soon.

_________________
avatar
Angatar
Lord's Personal Minion

Female Number of posts : 3862
Age : 22
Location : Long Island
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by KristallNacht on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:28 am

CivBase wrote:
KristallNacht wrote:compared to what? and as what?

yeah, its not that great of a driving simulator, or medical training program, but its definitely the single best all-around shooter on modern consoles.
Compared to Halo 3? Or Bad Company? Or a lot of things, actually. I thought it was just meh.

It's near the top for recent and upcoming shooters, but that's not saying much.

compared to halo 3, the story makes WAY more sense, and the two multiplayer gameplays are different shoot types.

and its a GREAT improvement over bad company and bad company 2.

and everything i saw in terms of Spec Ops gameplay is like a very sticky cover based game, with poor AI and poor animation. At least Ghost Recon managed to make cover based gameplay fluid.
avatar
KristallNacht
Unholy Demon Of The Flame

Male Number of posts : 5087
Location : San Diego, California
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Rotaretilbo on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:36 am

I've spent so much time being disappointed by DICE's more recent releases that I didn't even bother to pick up BF3. I'll see if I can try out BF3 on a friend's Origin account, and decide from there if I'll even follow BF4.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Vigil on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:31 am

Divine Virus wrote:Again, I find it funny Vigil that you're the one to make the BF4 thread. Really I think you just make it so you can rant about EA/the game coming out too soon etc. And If I am wrong about that, then I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

...but I still think it's funny. Anyway yeah, it is getting pretty discouraging for games nowadays to be anounced before there DLC even makes it out. As long as the games good I guess I won't say much but it being good is still pretty subjective. IDK really. I was hoping the whole 'leaked BF4 announcement' thing was just a hoax. But I enjoy BF3 very much so, I still welcome a new BF.

(was hoping it was 2143 or BC3) >.<

I saw it the news article about it, and I thought it was odd, as Battlefield 3 only came out a whole ago, and I know you guys like Battlefield so I put it up.

_________________



A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
avatar
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Age : 28
Location : Unknown.
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum