GW and Creative Assembly partner! Info Inside

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GW and Creative Assembly partner! Info Inside

Post by Ruski on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Link to article

Games Workshop and the Creative assembly announce partnership to create Warhammer fantasy games

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON – 11AM GMT, December 6, 2012 – SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced that Creative Assembly™, award-winning creator of the Total War™ series, and SEGA® Group have entered into a multi-title licensing deal with Games Workshop® to create videogames based in the Warhammer® universe of fantasy battles.

A new high-calibre development team has been set up at Creative Assembly’s UK studio to work alongside the existing Total War, Alien™ IP and Mobile teams on the first Warhammer title in the deal, scheduled to launch from beyond 2013.

“With this year being our 25th anniversary”, said Tim Heaton, Studio Director at Creative Assembly, “it seems fitting for us to embark on such a dream project with such a well-established partner. The incredibly rich and detailed Warhammer world is something we grew up with, and has left an indelible imprint on us as both designers and gamers.”
“We’ll be doing the Warhammer universe justice in a way that has never been attempted before. We’re bringing those 25 years of experience and expertise in extremely high-scoring games to bear, delivering a Warhammer experience that videogamers will absolutely love.”

“We have enormous respect for SEGA and Creative Assembly and have felt for a long time that the combination of the enormously rich setting of the Warhammer world, and their stunning development talent is a match with huge potential,” said Jon Gillard, Games Workshop’s Head of Licensing. “Now that we’ve managed to bring these two giants of gaming together it is safe to say that some truly amazing products are going to be unleashed as a result. We are excited at the possibilities, and are enthusiastically working with the team at Creative Assembly already.”

This first Warhammer game joins the eagerly-awaited Total War™: Rome II and the untitled Alien IP as one of five projects currently in production at Creative Assembly, now one of the largest developers in Europe.

For future updates and career opportunities please visit www.creative-assembly.com.

------------------------

Possible Warhammer (Fantasy, not 40k) Total War games incoming?
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GW and Creative Assembly partner! Info Inside

Post by Vigil on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Huh. I wonder what this means for Relic. Does it mean they've been dropped as the developer of Warhammer RTS games?

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:02 pm

Vigil wrote:Huh. I wonder what this means for Relic. Does it mean they've been dropped as the developer of Warhammer RTS games?

They said Warhammer fantasy battles, not Warhammer 40k. From the little bit I read, it seems like wh40k is more of a small skirmish game, while warhammer fantasy battles is more like a total war game.

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigil on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Elabajaba wrote:
Vigil wrote:Huh. I wonder what this means for Relic. Does it mean they've been dropped as the developer of Warhammer RTS games?

They said Warhammer fantasy battles, not Warhammer 40k. From the little bit I read, it seems like wh40k is more of a small skirmish game, while warhammer fantasy battles is more like a total war game.

Well Warhammer is essentially the same as 40K, only set in a fantasy setting, and they both feature pretty similar factions (Imperium Vs Chaos and Orcs).

And previously, Warhammer Online was done by Mythic (Now Bioware Mythic).

So it's still a move away from the previous people holding the license.

Other than that, a Warhammer Total war game does sound pretty neat.

A still more glorious dawn awaits.
Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
A morning filled with 400 billion suns
The rising of the milky way

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard
Vigil
Dark Knight of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 4810
Registration date : 2009-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Massive Warhammer styled Battles with a Total War esq scale?, i'm in.
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:38 pm

They might thematically be similar, but the way you would structure a game should be entirely different. In Warhammer, factions don't have endless resources, nor do they fight in the same ways as the factions in 40K. It wouldn't make sense to use the Relic RTS style; a total war style game would make a lot more sense, so who better to do such a thing than Creative Assembly itself?

[00:17:22] @ KrAzY : new law.
[00:17:28] @ KrAzY : the law can now be a person.
[00:17:28] @ XNate02 : The Law, can only be The Law.
[00:17:32] @ Gauz : I'd kick everyone....
[00:17:37] @ KrAzY : and that person is seath
[00:17:39] @ kasrkin seath : YES
------------------------------------------
[02:22:43] @ KrAzY : the reason we all come to TCF is because Seath is too Lord Pheonix damn sexy to stop.
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:48 pm

I think I just came a little

AJ's EDIT: Alright, which one of you little freaks edited my post?!

Last edited by Ascendant Justice on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2135
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:25 pm

Alright, I never really understood Warhammer at all. But you're saying that Warhammer is less sci-fi (in that it is one planet with limited technology and resources) while 40K is the epic space battle?
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4811
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:27 pm

Warhammer is High Fantasy. ORIGINALLY 40K was Warhammer in space, but it's been changed enough that it is more or less just a grimdark sci-fi with elements of fantasy strewn about.

also, I want a remake of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Liberation

[00:17:22] @ KrAzY : new law.
[00:17:28] @ KrAzY : the law can now be a person.
[00:17:28] @ XNate02 : The Law, can only be The Law.
[00:17:32] @ Gauz : I'd kick everyone....
[00:17:37] @ KrAzY : and that person is seath
[00:17:39] @ kasrkin seath : YES
------------------------------------------
[02:22:43] @ KrAzY : the reason we all come to TCF is because Seath is too Lord Pheonix damn sexy to stop.
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CivBase on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:03 pm

Maybe THQ is finally making a comeback.

Male Number of posts : 7336
Registration date : 2008-04-27

View user profile http://pathwaygames.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by dragoon9105 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:30 pm

Warhammer Fantasy is very Comparable to Medieval Europe from Different Periods of History and by location on the WH Fantasy World Map as compared to Earth. Its a bit different than WH40k so i'll elaborate to the best of my understanding

First there's your human Factions
Bretonnia is Arthurian Britain, Its Roughly where France is in the 'Old world' which is essentially Europe.
The Empire Of Man is basically the Holy Roman Empire during early Renaissance, its Rather powerful though its not exactly the Imperium from 40k.
Tilea is Italy, Really enough said with that.
Kislev is Russia, the Republic of Novogrod specifically in terms of Historical Comparison, It serves mainly as the Borderguard against the Forces of Chaos in the North.
Then there's the Barbarian Tribes north of Kislev, Chaos pretty much, Demon Vikings has been my impression of them.

Then theres your Elves whom most i dont care enough to know much about them.
The High Elves are mainly in the Equivalent of Spain pretty much, don't really need a Description because yea, Elves
Dark Elves from my Impression are Far to the West basically in America plotting revenge against the High Elves for reasons fully explained in the lore.
Wood Elves basically Reside in the black forest region east of the Bretons and west of the Empire of Man, they are more reclusive ect.

Then theres the Beastmen.
The Literal Beastmen live north of the Empire in some forest whose name escapes they generally dont appear very evil but then again its Warhammer, everyone hates everyone else.
The Scaven Live basically underneath the Warhammer Alps, they are Ratmen, who have crazy technology for the time period, mainly they fight Tilea for control of Warhammer,Italy and the Dwarves for Warpstone the resource which they use to make said crazy technology.

Then theres the Undead, Vampires and the Tomb Kings of Nehekara
The Vampires are constantly fighting the Empire of Man for control of, well the Empire, they control lands geographically located where the Kingdom of Hungary and thus Transylvania.

The Tomb Kings are an Undead combination of Kingdoms in Egypt, they have more of a skeleton theme and Egyptian theme to them, they are pretty much an Undead Mamluk Sultanate/Fatimid Caliphate

There's Orcs and Goblins as well along with the Dwarves but all three of them are either Underground or basically shoved to the eastern end of the Map, The Dwarves naturally are considered good and are based on the Babalonians and the Orcs are Warhammer Orcs, that is to say, European Football Holligans.

Theres also Araby, Guess who they are Razz, suprisingly not the Sejulk's but the Moors, thats where they are Geographically anyway.

The Main Resource everyone is fighting over is Warpstone, Its basically your Plot resource, Tiberium/Lyrium/Gold/Oil ect though generally the sides usually end up with Dwarves, Bretonnia and the Empire against Chaos, Orks and Undead. Tilea and the Scaven usually are busy fighting with Eachother.
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top