Stupid failed game you all played shit

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Gauz on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:00 am

You should make a tribute to OLRS and my Biological Research Facility.

I want to see what destroyed my precious nice things Sad (yes i'm still mad)
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Tylertlat on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:29 am

Gauz wrote:You should make a tribute to OLRS and my Biological Research Facility.  

I want to see what destroyed my precious nice things Sad (yes i'm still mad)

It wasn't just you that lost there. I had agents working as interns and janitors and stuff in that facility who were supplying me with the data you discovered and changing the results when I wanted them too. After seath and Rot told me they were gonna get rid of your facility, I had spend pp on extracting my guys AND invest my own pp to continue my bio-weapons ressearch. Razz
avatar
Tylertlat
Architect of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 623
Age : 27
Location : Detroit, Michigan
Registration date : 2009-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Gauz on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:20 pm

I had no idea you guys were so invested in my Bio research.

I hardly thought I was that much of a threat. What prompted such ridiculous wastes of time?
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Gauz wrote:You should make a tribute to OLRS

On a related note, a few days ago I saw an article about an old gov/mil document which was exploring the use of using space based mirrors to direct a laser from the ground at targets. Kind of like the OLRS concept, except for missile defense instead of 'sploding large buildings or small armies Razz

Gauz wrote:I had no idea you guys were so invested in my Bio research.  

I hardly thought I was that much of a threat.  What prompted such ridiculous wastes of time?

Boredom and an itchy trigger finger for me.

_________________
I AM THE LAW

[00:17:22] @ KrAzY : new law.
[00:17:28] @ KrAzY : the law can now be a person.
[00:17:28] @ XNate02 : The Law, can only be The Law.
[00:17:32] @ Gauz : I'd kick everyone....
[00:17:37] @ KrAzY : and that person is seath
[00:17:39] @ kasrkin seath : YES
------------------------------------------
[02:22:43] @ KrAzY : the reason we all come to TCF is because Seath is too Lord Pheonix damn sexy to stop.
avatar
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Location : Michigan
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Gauz on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:45 pm

Seath I thought you were my friend Sad


You should've used it on Rot you enormous asshole. Or Bacon. Or Dragoon. Or LAX. BUT NO! HURT THE PEACEFUL GAUZ WHY NOT
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Lord Pheonix on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:42 pm

Never trust the quiet ones.

_________________

avatar
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Tylertlat on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:57 pm

Kasrkin Seath wrote:
Gauz wrote:I had no idea you guys were so invested in my Bio research.  

I hardly thought I was that much of a threat.  What prompted such ridiculous wastes of time?

Boredom and an itchy trigger finger for me.

I was spending +10 PP per day on having spies in everyone's(not including the GLC) little projects, so nothing personal.


Gauz wrote:Seath I thought you were my friend Sad

Yeah, I though seath was my best friend in that game too.  Then the game ends and I learn that he was preparing a preemptive nuclear strike on me.[/quote]
avatar
Tylertlat
Architect of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 623
Age : 27
Location : Detroit, Michigan
Registration date : 2009-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:49 pm

Gauz wrote:Seath I thought you were my friend Sad
I actually would have rather had you as an ally, but bacon/drag alliance was too powerful to dick around with and rot was a good ally. Besides, I needed to fuck with somebody worth the effort Razz


Tylertlat wrote:
Yeah, I though seath was my best friend in that game too.  Then the game ends and I learn that he was preparing a preemptive nuclear strike on me.

Paranoia and an itchy trigger finger

_________________
I AM THE LAW

[00:17:22] @ KrAzY : new law.
[00:17:28] @ KrAzY : the law can now be a person.
[00:17:28] @ XNate02 : The Law, can only be The Law.
[00:17:32] @ Gauz : I'd kick everyone....
[00:17:37] @ KrAzY : and that person is seath
[00:17:39] @ kasrkin seath : YES
------------------------------------------
[02:22:43] @ KrAzY : the reason we all come to TCF is because Seath is too Lord Pheonix damn sexy to stop.
avatar
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Location : Michigan
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Rotaretilbo on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:04 am

Gauz wrote:You should've used it on Rot you enormous asshole.  Or Bacon.  Or Dragoon.  Or LAX.  BUT NO!  HURT THE PEACEFUL GAUZ WHY NOT

I actually think Seath did use OLRS on lax's research facilities as well. The problem was that lax wasn't researching anything worthwhile. I mean, a viagra bomb? Come on!

Tylertlat wrote:I was spending +10 PP per day on having spies in everyone's(not including the GLC) little projects, so nothing personal.

Hilariously enough, my "little projects" amounted to incredibly expensive ecological research to clean up my neighbor and ending the Indo-Thai war peacefully. Hell, I didn't even have spies anywhere; all of my intel came from tiny tim and, later, the GLC.

Right at the end, I'd made the decision to start doing bad things because I was so frustrated with everyone, but I never got to do any of it. I was going to fucking drop a piano from a cargo plan on Bolivia's UUU diplomat. It was going to be awesome! I was also planning on developing nuclear weapons because I was pretty sure everyone else was doing it too, but until Bolivia's asshole diplomat was out of the way, I wasn't confident in getting approved by the UUU.

Tylertlat wrote:Yeah, I though seath was my best friend in that game too.  Then the game ends and I learn that he was preparing a preemptive nuclear strike on me.

And that will teach you that if you have the best intelligence agency in the world, to spy on your closest ally too. Hell, I'd be spying on myself if I was that OP.


Last edited by Rotaretilbo on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Gauz on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:10 am

That shows that Michigan is clearly the land of treachery, and must be destroyed first at all costs. Unless seath is somewhere else, then kill him there too.


Why the fuck would he research a viagra bomb? Advil would work just fine too. Maybe give all the old people a heart attack.


I should've released the experiment onto the mainland... fuck the UUU.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Tylertlat on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:45 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:

Hilariously enough, my "little projects" amounted to incredibly expensive ecological research to clean up my neighbor and ending the Indo-Thai war peacefully. Hell, I didn't even have spies anywhere; all of my intel came from tiny tim and, later, the GLC.
I remember those. I pulled my agents out of the eco one (Operation Gandhi) since there was nothing I could do with that one that I actually wanted to, by my agents cut their operational teeth by flooding the indo-thai region with cheap weapons designed to fail prematurely in order to weaken the appropriate rebel and bandit groups (Operation Impurity).

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Tylertlat wrote:Yeah, I though seath was my best friend in that game too.  Then the game ends and I learn that he was preparing a preemptive nuclear strike on me.

And that will teach you that if you have the best intelligence agency in the world, to spy on your closest ally too. Hell, I'd be spying on myself if I was that OP.

The funny thing is, I had spies in Superior, which seath approved, running a counter-intel mission (Operation Bedsheet) and distributing pro-Superior propaganda in his new provinces and the ones he was gonna annex (Operation Hallmark). Superior had more Usonian spies in it than any other country, but none of them were actually spying.

Gauz wrote:Why the fuck would he research a viagra bomb? Advil would work just fine too. Maybe give all the old people a heart attack.


I should've released the experiment onto the mainland... fuck the UUU.

I was actually hoping you guys would get working weapons for three reasons.
1. I had access to all of your project information, so I could use the weapons without paying to research them.
2. Along with that info, I had 5 bio-weapons plants of my own, so I was confident that I could make an antidote/cure and sell that for wither money or political goodwill
3. My TREBUCHET mass-drivers allowed me to deliver a payload discreetly to anywhere in the world, so I could hypothetically bomb somewhere a sit back as people got pissed off at Guaz or Lax.
avatar
Tylertlat
Architect of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 623
Age : 27
Location : Detroit, Michigan
Registration date : 2009-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by dragoon9105 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:42 pm

You all forget the Super Antarctic-African-South American Alliance that was poised to ruin all your days, Cept Seath and Tylers becuase who wants north america anyway.

We had researched
Space Travel
Drop Pods
Cloning Military and Civil
A Super factory
A MOBILE Super factory
A mobile, Burrowing Super Factory
Robot soldiers
An Alien artifact in Antartica that did nothing.
And alot more.

We also had Lax in our sphere of influence so to speak and I was ready to start annexing large parts of the Australian NPCs
avatar
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Tylertlat on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:07 am

dragoon9105 wrote:You all forget the Super Antarctic-African-South American Alliance that was poised to ruin all your days, Cept Seath and Tylers becuase who wants north america anyway.

We had researched
Space Travel
Drop Pods
Cloning Military and Civil
A Super factory
A MOBILE Super factory
A mobile, Burrowing Super Factory
Robot soldiers
An Alien artifact in Antartica that did nothing.
And alot more.

We also had Lax in our sphere of influence so to speak and I was ready to start annexing large parts of the Australian NPCs

Ahem...
The GLC had:
Space Travel
Magnetically launched gliders capable of discretely delivering troops or bombs anywhere
More than twice the bio weapons research and production capability than the rest of the world, combined
Invisible light and main battle tanks
Light and Heavy Power-Armored Troops
An entire province that behaved like Silent Hill
A space weapon able to vandalize the moon for the heck of it
"And alot more."
avatar
Tylertlat
Architect of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 623
Age : 27
Location : Detroit, Michigan
Registration date : 2009-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Rotaretilbo on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:56 am

Tylertlat wrote:1. I had access to all of your project information, so I could use the weapons without paying to research them.

Wait, seriously? I was told that I couldn't sell or share my research in that manner. If I wanted to share research, it would halve the cost for the other party. If I wanted to do a joint research project with someone, the cost of the research increased by 50% of the base cost for each partner. But you got the research for free? I mean, it was bad enough that my purifiers cost something like thrice what yours did to research and did barely an eighth of what yours did, but you also got all my research for free just because you had spies in place? Fuck me.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Tylertlat on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:12 pm

Rotaretilbo wrote:
Tylertlat wrote:1. I had access to all of your project information, so I could use the weapons without paying to research them.

Wait, seriously? I was told that I couldn't sell or share my research in that manner. If I wanted to share research, it would halve the cost for the other party. If I wanted to do a joint research project with someone, the cost of the research increased by 50% of the base cost for each partner. But you got the research for free? I mean, it was bad enough that my purifiers cost something like thrice what yours did to research and did barely an eighth of what yours did, but you also got all my research for free just because you had spies in place? Fuck me.


To clarify, I was only able to sabatoge other people's projects at the start of the game.
Then as BB got more overwhelmed, he allowed me to use my spy bonus to make an antidote/cure for the same cost that the target had put into the weapon. Finally, when he gave up on the game and let people trade techs, he let me steal them.
avatar
Tylertlat
Architect of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 623
Age : 27
Location : Detroit, Michigan
Registration date : 2009-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:29 pm

Tylertlat wrote:
dragoon9105 wrote:You all forget the Super Antarctic-African-South American Alliance that was poised to ruin all your days, Cept Seath and Tylers becuase who wants north america anyway.

We had researched
Space Travel
Drop Pods
Cloning Military and Civil
A Super factory
A MOBILE Super factory
A mobile, Burrowing Super Factory
Robot soldiers
An Alien artifact in Antartica that did nothing.
And alot more.

We also had Lax in our sphere of influence so to speak and I was ready to start annexing large parts of the Australian NPCs

Ahem...
The GLC had:
Space Travel
Magnetically launched gliders capable of discretely delivering troops or bombs anywhere
More than twice the bio weapons research and production capability than the rest of the world, combined
Invisible light and main battle tanks
Light and Heavy Power-Armored Troops
An entire province that behaved like Silent Hill
A space weapon able to vandalize the moon for the heck of it
"And alot more."

I remember all our infantry having mega combat stim and NBC equipment and electronic packages too. Also, long range nuclear torpedoes. They were made to nuke japan without detection.

I was also in the process of getting some awesome alloy and weapon tech out of said silent hill province, as well as die hard religious fundamentalist paladin type infantry peeps from somewhere else.

We didn't have very big armies because we spent so much on spying and R&D

EDIT: We also had auto factory (super factories) on the way at +2PP a piece, one per territory.


Last edited by Kasrkin Seath on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
I AM THE LAW

[00:17:22] @ KrAzY : new law.
[00:17:28] @ KrAzY : the law can now be a person.
[00:17:28] @ XNate02 : The Law, can only be The Law.
[00:17:32] @ Gauz : I'd kick everyone....
[00:17:37] @ KrAzY : and that person is seath
[00:17:39] @ kasrkin seath : YES
------------------------------------------
[02:22:43] @ KrAzY : the reason we all come to TCF is because Seath is too Lord Pheonix damn sexy to stop.
avatar
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Location : Michigan
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Rotaretilbo on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:02 pm

You got stuff out of Silent Hill? My sinkhole territory gave me jackshit, cost me tons, and then became a full-fledged NPC and joined the UUU.

_________________
avatar
Rotaretilbo
Magnificent Bastard

Male Number of posts : 4540
Age : 27
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by dragoon9105 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:25 pm

if its any consolation my Alien artifact was going to explode and kill all my troops in the province after i already threw like 20 PP into it. safe to say i abandoned the project.
avatar
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Gauz on Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:05 pm

Long range nuclear torpedoes for Japan.

Really seath.

What did I do to deserve a nuke. Or OLRS.
avatar
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Lord Pheonix on Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Think he just wanted to repeat history. But improved.

_________________

avatar
Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:36 pm

Gauz wrote:Long range nuclear torpedoes for Japan.

Really seath.  

What did I do to deserve a nuke.  Or OLRS.
It's cuz I wuv you and wanted to make an impression Hearts 

_________________
I AM THE LAW

[00:17:22] @ KrAzY : new law.
[00:17:28] @ KrAzY : the law can now be a person.
[00:17:28] @ XNate02 : The Law, can only be The Law.
[00:17:32] @ Gauz : I'd kick everyone....
[00:17:37] @ KrAzY : and that person is seath
[00:17:39] @ kasrkin seath : YES
------------------------------------------
[02:22:43] @ KrAzY : the reason we all come to TCF is because Seath is too Lord Pheonix damn sexy to stop.
avatar
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Location : Michigan
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Tylertlat on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:29 pm

Rot, if it's any consolation, BB was applying dynamic diffiuculty to the players he thought were two good. About half way through the game bb jacked up my diplomatic difficulty to the poit were the only ways to get npcs to even respond to me was things like seaths nediteranian plan. Which was super fun. And his brainchild so I'll let him explain.
avatar
Tylertlat
Architect of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 623
Age : 27
Location : Detroit, Michigan
Registration date : 2009-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:32 pm

I honestly don't remember what it was off the top of my head. Can you give a bit more background info on it?

_________________
I AM THE LAW

[00:17:22] @ KrAzY : new law.
[00:17:28] @ KrAzY : the law can now be a person.
[00:17:28] @ XNate02 : The Law, can only be The Law.
[00:17:32] @ Gauz : I'd kick everyone....
[00:17:37] @ KrAzY : and that person is seath
[00:17:39] @ kasrkin seath : YES
------------------------------------------
[02:22:43] @ KrAzY : the reason we all come to TCF is because Seath is too Lord Pheonix damn sexy to stop.
avatar
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Location : Michigan
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by dragoon9105 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Dynamic Difficulty? Really?, BB eventually just let me start planting Flags anywhere i wanted in Antarctica as i realistically should have been able too since the start. Damn Penguin Fishing village came out of the blue i swear.
avatar
dragoon9105
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2839
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:19 pm

It was largely based off of group strength, not individual strength. Since Tyler and I were allied (with the mini pie nation) we were counted effectively as one giant powerful entity and thus he made things really difficult. I was losing shit constantly in some regions, NEA 09 (Silent Hill) in particularly took out several aerial units of mine. Tyler or I on our own would have been overwhelmed without support from the strengths of each other.

Since your alliance with bacon was off the record, he didn't take it into account. Meanwhile, Rot supposedly had a lot of UUU influence (and was sorta allied with GLC). Between that and trying to play as benevolent to all, he really got the shaft from BB.


In regards to my methodology when dealing with NPC's - by midgame most would not budge so I often asked Tyler to cause unrest and civil wars while also raising support for the GLC in the region. After that my military would swoop in. If the remaining loyalists didn't surrender, OLRS would always change their mind.

_________________
I AM THE LAW

[00:17:22] @ KrAzY : new law.
[00:17:28] @ KrAzY : the law can now be a person.
[00:17:28] @ XNate02 : The Law, can only be The Law.
[00:17:32] @ Gauz : I'd kick everyone....
[00:17:37] @ KrAzY : and that person is seath
[00:17:39] @ kasrkin seath : YES
------------------------------------------
[02:22:43] @ KrAzY : the reason we all come to TCF is because Seath is too Lord Pheonix damn sexy to stop.
avatar
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Location : Michigan
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stupid failed game you all played shit

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum