Ferguson Shenanigans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ferguson Shenanigans

Post by Nocbl2 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:10 pm

So there's riots and such going on in Missouri because a black guy got shot by a cop. Naturally, everyone reacted calmly and reasonably by rioting in the streets and throwing molotovs at police. The police responded by giving military-grade gear to untrained personnel and letting go of the leash.

Yay, pointless conflict!
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4811
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ferguson Shenanigans

Post by Dud Doodoo on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:46 pm

A black man shoots a white kid? So what happens all the time. A white man shoots a black kid? The black community freaks the fuck out and starts yelling about how racist we are.

I feel like none of them even understand what that terms means.

Dud Doodoo
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1527
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile http://www.moddb.com/mods/broken-arrow-the-world-in-conflict-vie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:50 pm

White cop shoots a black man, who apparently had his hands up and was surrendering. People start protesting, cops institute Miami tactics, and it all goes to Hell.

Still better than the Rodney King riots.

I think a couple of lessons could be learned here by contrasting the Furgeson Riots with the Bundy Ranch standoff. In both cases, you had heavily militarized cops (Well, BLM agents in the latter) who were ready to drop the hammer on civilians.

In Furgeson, you have riots and looting, which gives the police the excuse to crack down and shoot people in the face with tear gas canisters.

At Bundy Ranch, you had the Bundy family, their friends, and their supporters. All of whom came armed with guns and cameras. The Bundys weeded out the wackos and sent them home, and the rest had the common sense not to give the cops an excuse to start shooting. The BLM backs off when it realizes that it would have to start a shooting war to confiscate Bundy's cattle. If they want to continue, they have to settle in court.

Militarized police only work against a disarmed population.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:19 pm

I think the problem stems more from Brown was unarmed and running when the cop (Wilson) shot at him (already not good) when Brown stopped and raised his arms in surrender the cop shot him 6 times. That is a lot of god damn times to shoot an unarmed person. Four of the shots are even on the inside of his arm.

Then afterwards the police were trying to cover it up and brush it under the rug by saying that Brown had robbed a store and that Wilson had been alerted to the robbery encountering Brown. Later in the day of the robbery announcement the Chief of Police said Wilson saw the cigars in Brown’s hand and knew about the robbery. It was found out later that Wilson was not aware and that Brown had absolutely nothing to do with it. Like robbing a store calls for an execution without trial anyway.

Then homicide detectives were not called until about 40 minutes after the shooting and they left the body out in the open without covering it for hours.

Also there is bullshit that during the peaceful protests police showed up in full riot gear and fucking tanks. When the support groups for the cop gathered I don't think any such force arrived. After cops show up in full combat equipment and start firing on you when peacefully gathered then the next time they do it yeah, shit might get violent.

I know a lot of the people on this site are privileged white individuals who have no concept of the struggle minority's have, especially when related to cops and believe that racism is over and everyone has equal rights but shit is still bad. Not nearly as bad as when people were marching for Civil Rights but still bad enough that cops and "neighborhood watch" people can gun down a black man for being black and get away scott free.

Rioting might not be the best answer but once Police using equipment meant to fight in actual war show up and start firing on groups a mob mentality does tend to spring up.

Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasrkin Seath on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:47 am

I leave the site a bit and when I come back LP is the sensible one. What the hell happened while I was gone?

[00:17:22] @ KrAzY : new law.
[00:17:28] @ KrAzY : the law can now be a person.
[00:17:28] @ XNate02 : The Law, can only be The Law.
[00:17:32] @ Gauz : I'd kick everyone....
[00:17:37] @ KrAzY : and that person is seath
[00:17:39] @ kasrkin seath : YES
------------------------------------------
[02:22:43] @ KrAzY : the reason we all come to TCF is because Seath is too Lord Pheonix damn sexy to stop.
Kasrkin Seath
The Law

Male Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:23 pm

Nah. He's making about the same level of sense he always did.
The problem in Furgeson goes beyond race. It's a matter of police militarization that has been gaining strength for twenty or thirty years. Y'all are just noticing it now because now the police aren't just cracking down on blacks, fringe religious sects, and right-wingers who live out in the boonies.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:26 pm

Kasrkin Seath wrote:I leave the site a bit and when I come back LP is the sensible one. What the hell happened while I was gone?

Same.

I am shocked, confounded, and somewhat aroused.
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4571
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ascendant Justice on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:19 pm

We've been so quiet that hes actually calmed down.
Ascendant Justice
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 2135
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Fuck all of you cunts.

Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:12 am

theres the LP we know and love (hate?)
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3952

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Mr.Inferior of the two Admins wrote:theres the LP we know and love (hate?)
both?
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4811
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:48 pm

So a lot has happened in the last four months or so. The lack of indictment, several more deaths across the country, apparently the KKK showed up at some point.

Basically, it's still a fucked up mess. Either people are going to forget again, or this could snowball even after the bandwagon goes somewhere else.
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4571
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:54 am

Given the evidence that was presented in the hearing, I don't really believe an indictment would have been correct for the Brown incident. Blows me away that there was no indictment in the Garner incident, though. Also blows me away that, when it was announced that there would be no indictment in Ferguson, it immediately turned to violent rioting and looting, whereas in New York City, it was almost entirely peaceful protesting, even though New York City had much better grounds on which to be upset.

Of course, the issue is now being sensationalized. Any time a cop shoots an African American, it's being reported. Here in Pheonix, a cop shot a black man and there were protests. Allow me to recount to you the story of Rumain Brisbon. So Mr. Brisbon was selling weed and oxycodone out of his car on the corner in front of his apartment complex. The police were called. They pull up behind him and he gets out of his car and goes for something in his trunk. The police yell for him to stop what he's doing and keep his hands where they can see them. He immediately stuffs his hands into his waistband and begins shouting profanities and threats at them. They draw weapons and tell him to stay where he is, so he books it into the apartment complex, still shouting threats and profanities. The cops chase him. Brisbon goes for something large and heavy in his left pocket, so an officer grabs his hand. A struggle ensues. Brisbon breaks from the struggle. The officer yells something along the lines of "don't you do it!", but fuck the police, Brisbon once again sticks his hand into his left pocket to grab something making a clear bulge in his pocket, and the officer fires two shots. Turns out that it was just a very large bottle of oxycodone. What irks me is that if this had been some white trash drug dealer in Apache Junction resisting arrest, threatening officers, and making threatening gestures that could easily be mistaken as drawing instead of an African American drug dealer in central Pheonix, nobody would care; we probably wouldn't have even heard about it. There'd be a tiny article in some newspaper nobody reads about anymore "White Trash Drug Dealer Gets What Was Coming to Him" and that would be the end of it. Alternatively, if it had been an African American cop, I doubt we'd be hearing about it, either.

Don't get me wrong. Racism still exists, and it is certainly a problem, but I feel like sometimes it's over sensationalized. I doubt the Brown, Garner, or Brisbon deaths were necessarily overtly racially charged. The way Ferguson police handled the immediate aftermath probably was, and that was done very poorly, and I feel like the police officer should definitely be held responsible for in Garner's death, but we have a situation now where police officers, who already routinely deal with the absolute worst of society, are now under constant external scrutiny any time they deal with only a specific group of criminals (those that happen to be African American).

Male Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:28 pm

Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:33 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:
When will you learn that 4chan won't let you steal their bandwidth?

And when can I get mod privileges back?
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauz on Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:07 pm

when can I get my mod privleges back? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Gauz
Crimson Medic

Male Number of posts : 7687
Registration date : 2009-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KrAzY on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:20 pm

Gauz wrote:when can I get my mod privleges back? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ha

haha

hahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

HahaHaHahahahAHAHAhaHahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hah
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3952

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tylertlat on Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:54 pm

when can I get my mod privleges mean something again back?
Tylertlat
Architect of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2009-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top