Ooh, this could be good.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ooh, this could be good.

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:45 am

Remember the guy who almost made that Halo movie? Yeah.

At least he can't screw it up worse than Ridley Scott did.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

Male Number of posts : 2927
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ooh, this could be good.

Post by KrAzY on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:07 am

Neil Blomkamp is a good director, I think his style fits a Halo film better than an Alien film, but I am still hopeful.

he is retconning alien 3 and resurrection so the 3rd one will most likely be Ripley, Newt, and Hicks (assuming of course that he ALSO gets to retcon Colonial Marines) surviving after Wayland-Yutani sends more people to check out LV-426 (ala colonial marines) where some xenomorphs obviously have to survive.

the concept art that he has posed has hicks and ripley both in it, so I am assuming these retcons are going to take place
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3953

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:18 am

I'd love a Halo movie from him. Or I would have, before they fucked Nylund's canon to death with a fireplace poker and threw the body into the Mombossa sewer system.

Maybe a movie like the James Cameron Aliens would fit good style a bit better.
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4571
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotaretilbo on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:18 am

Well, the Halo movie got scrapped, as I recall because both studios pulled out, so Neil dropped out, and Peter Jackson said he wouldn't work without Neil, so the two of them took the funding they had and made District 9 with it. Back then, Nylund's canon was still intact, so it would have been sweet to get a Halo movie then. Now, not so much.

Male Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile http://cdpgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:52 pm

PiEdude wrote:I'd love a Halo movie from him. Or I  would have, before they fucked Nylund's canon to death with a fireplace poker and threw the body into the Mombossa sewer system.
Meh. A post-Reach Halo movie could have been good.

A 343i-era Halo movie would be utter shit. Ever hear about Nightfall? That Halo TV series produced by Ridley Scott? Here's what Ars Technica had to say about it:

[Ridley Scott's] last stab at a digital series, the Xbox-exclusive Halo Nightfall, was so stilted and cheap-looking, we didn't even bother reviewing it; in fact, we wonder if its low quality was part of the reason Microsoft's TV-series plans were axed last year.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:53 pm

Double post.

Last edited by Rasq'uire'laskar on Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:56 pm

Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruski on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:36 pm

Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:

A 343i-era Halo movie would be utter shit. Ever hear about Nightfall? That Halo TV series produced by Ridley Scott? Here's what Ars Technica had to say about it:

[Ridley Scott's] last stab at a digital series, the Xbox-exclusive Halo Nightfall, was so stilted and cheap-looking, we didn't even bother reviewing it; in fact, we wonder if its low quality was part of the reason Microsoft's TV-series plans were axed last year.

I tried watching it, and it was just so cringeworthy. I didn't even finish the first episode. So many people over on r/halo just eat that shit up like it's some godsend. They also really like Halo 4 over there, at least thats the concensus that I've gathered. Terrible.

Anyways, I like Neil. D9 was really good. Still waiting for that sequel though. Elysium was alright, kinda lacking in some aspects imo. Chappie looks like it'll be great though. Overall, I'm excited for an Alien film made by him. I just want more Alien/Aliens feel and no more AvP feel.[/quote]
Ruski
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2009-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PiEdude on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:23 am

It's been more than three years, where the hell is Christopher?
PiEdude
Crimson Jester

Male Number of posts : 4571
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasq'uire'laskar on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:37 am

Ruski wrote:
Rasq'uire'laskar wrote:

I tried watching it, and it was just so cringeworthy. I didn't even finish the first episode. So many people over on r/halo just eat that shit up like it's some godsend. They also really like Halo 4 over there, at least thats the concensus that I've gathered. Terrible.
You mustn't be afraid to seek a better class of fandom, darling.

Over on Halo.Bungie.org, the reception to Nightfall was overwhelmingly negative and Halo 4 was split, with more people having a negative impression of the game.

Over on Spacebattles.com, 343i's run on Halo is a joke and Halo 4 was the punchline. They love the Forerunner novels, but that's just about the only thing 343i has done right.

Ruski wrote:Anyways, I like Neil. D9 was really good. Still waiting for that sequel though. Elysium was alright, kinda lacking in some aspects imo. Chappie looks like it'll be great though. Overall, I'm excited for an Alien film made by him. I just want more Alien/Aliens feel and no more AvP feel.
So long as his Aliens film borrows more from District 9 than Elysium, I'll be happy. Elysium left a bad taste in my mouth.
Rasq'uire'laskar
Crimson Scribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top