Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord

Post by Elabajaba on Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:06 am

This is probably the game I'm most hyped for currently since I've probably spent over 1000 hours in Warband. So far all the previews have shown it to be an improved version of Warband, with the developers also saying that they've improved the AI, diplomacy and management aspects. Some of the features they've showcased so far include hugely improved graphics, weapons crafting, hugely improved sieges (no more one ladder for a whole castle, they've shown a catapult, battering ram and siege tower in a single siege battle), a better inventory, and a better looking world map. It doesn't have a release date yet.

Development blog

Siege weapons are shown after about 30 seconds of showcasing a boardgame.

1:45 voice acting is as good as ever
2:12 for some combat
~2:50 to see the better looking world map
3:16 onwards is just music

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

Male Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2009-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord

Post by KrAzY on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:55 pm

RIP elabajaba

he has been posessed by an ad bot

damn you robots, damn you all to HELLLLLLL

I watched the videos and I cant really tell what genre of game it is, is is like a 3rd person RPG?
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3954
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pheonix on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:09 pm

I've been wanting to play this series. What one.

Lord Pheonix
Lord Of The Flames

Male Number of posts : 7565
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.thecrimsonflame.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:56 pm

Lord Pheonix wrote:I've been wanting to play this series. What one.

Warband is the best one out currently. Napoleonic Wars is multiplayer only, while Viking Conquest seems to just be based on this mod. Goes on sale for $5 or less most steam sales. Once you get in battle with troops you can use 1-0 keys to select different groups of troops (0 is all groups), and use the Fx keys to give them orders so they don't charge the enemy and die like idiots.

Mr.Inferior of the two Admins wrote:I watched the videos and I cant really tell what genre of game it is, is is like a 3rd person RPG?

It's a 1st/3rd person open world action rpg sandbox that doesn't really have a story, set in a fictional continent during the middle ages, with a realtime overworld(different text colours=different factions, large text is a town, midsized is a castle, and small text is a castle) where a bunch of factions fight to try and take over other factions. Combat is based on your mouse movement for choosing attack/block direction, with tons of weapon variety and good mounted combat. Battles take place when you are attacked or attack someone on the world map, and take place on a separate, much smaller map. Battles can involve 1000+ people, with 150 spawned in at a time and waves of reinforcements once enough of your troops have died (can use the battlesizer mod or just change a line in a config file to have more, with 300-600 being stable for most people, might have to change the map generation settings with tweakmb or something to be bigger so that they aren't too cramped). You start off as just some random guy and as you level up and recruit+train more troops you can join a faction or try and start your own by besieging castles and towns. The end goal is to become the only faction left, but most people never end up doing that as it takes hundreds of hours and the diplomacy sucks, managing more than a few of your own fiefs is a huge hassle, and as long as the faction has 1 castle or town left their lords will keep spawning with almost full parties and its just a pain in the ass.

It has a ton of mods that range from smaller mods that improve the diplomacy and management aspects of the game, overhauls of the graphics, animations, and AI improvements to total conversions to things like game of thrones, warhammer fantasy, Europe during the year 1257, star wars, and a ton others.

So, the white text person is you, the number tells you how many troops you have (the +xx is how many prisoners). Every other party is an AI lord, and the player is currently a part of the orange faction. Orange is besieging Reindi Castle, which is owned by green so some of their lords are coming to defend it. The castle has its own garrison, usually around 150-200 guys. Battles look something like this. There's also multiplayer which is just the battlemap, and can have up to around 200 people playing at once, in a few different modes (team deathmatch, sieges, team battles, deathmatch, ctf, 1v1 duels).

This video is a much better cut together version of the gamescom footage they showed for Bannerlord, focusing on gameplay. This blog that they posted when they put the video up explains a lot of the features they showcased in that video.

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyxknight on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:44 pm

I fucking love warband and am so hyped for this game
Onyxknight
Minion

Male Number of posts : 1833
Registration date : 2008-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocbl2 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:26 pm

I WILL DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL
Nocbl2
Lord's Personal Minion

Male Number of posts : 4811
Registration date : 2009-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elabajaba on Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:12 pm

Siege defence gameplay from this year's Gamescom, and the official blogpost about it

Extended cut showing some diplomacy and sallying out when sieged. The devs speak english in it, just the parts where the interviewer speaks are mostly in German.

Siege assault from E3 and accompanying blogpost

Elabajaba
Crimson Epileptic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top