Life is Strange

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Life is Strange

Post by Angatar on Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:11 pm

This is really not the game I think any of you'd typically play, but it completely blew me away with how good it was. If you want to check it out, the demo on Steam is the entire first episode I think.

It's an episodic adventure game by DONTNOD (Remember Me), somewhat like Telltale games (but in my opinion far, far superior). You're Max Caulfield, and 18-year-old senior photography student at Blackwell Academy, in the pacific northwest town of Arcadia Bay. Max has a vision of a supernaturally large tornado bearing down on Arcadia Bay, and shortly after discovers she can reverse time...

As with all story-based games, I highly recommend going in completely blind. There isn't much "gameplay" in the typical sense, mostly light puzzles and the occasion short fetch-quest. Nothing is so esoteric that you'll need a guide, but some things you need to let play out the first time before you are allowed to solve it.

I really do love everything about this game. What especially stands out is the music and the art direction. Everything looks painterly and has a hand-drawn look to it, which really meshes with Max's style. The entire soundtrack is utterly fantastic; it's mostly what you'd imagine an artsy hipster would listen to, and it's all really good. The voice acting is really good, especially for the central characters. I think the game way perfectly directed so that all the lighting, voicework, and music, draws you into each and every moment. It's authentic, and earnest, and tells a story on a smaller, more human level than most games. It's a nice change of pace.

Anyway, enough gushing. Did anyone else play this? Anyone else interested?

I'll post the reveal trailer, although I think trying to break Life is Strange into pieces like this trailer does the game an injustice. (also, spoilers in the comments - you have been warned)

Last edited by Angatar on Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Female Number of posts : 3862
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Life is Strange

Post by KrAzY on Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:13 pm

I got this as a gift for my friend, and we will probably play it blind drunk like we did with Until Dawn, I will report back my findings if I remember any of it.
KrAzY
Painter of the Flames

Male Number of posts : 3951
Registration date : 2008-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top